* Share it Around

Author Topic:  compadre users?  (Read 2969 times)

Offline emubob

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: cairns queensland
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
compadre users?
« on: June 25, 2015, 16:54 »
anybody got the compadre with the new 8"coil and what do you think of it.i have been trying to buy one with the old 5.75 coil and am being stone walled,emubob
  • Detector(s) owned/used: vaquero,silver umax,silver sabre,

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 80

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: compadre users?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 14:13 »
Tesoro do not make it easy for us over here to obtain their product. :'(

Mr R. if you need a hand in obtaining a Compadre with a 5 1/2" coil, contact or come and see me............... There is always an opening in the stone wall. :)

ivanll

Ps. I know a dealer who have them in stock................. not a pay now then 3 month wait on backorder.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 09:35 by ivanll »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2015, 08:58 »
thanks for the offer ivanll,probably don't need it.just a bit of spare cash.toss up between the compadre and the go find's.info coming off the internet doesn't show the go finds in the best light to me.i think i'll wait awhile on one off them,mr r.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 10:24 »
At least Go-Find is available in stock at our local dealer, go get a demo see for yourself..................... .... I had a go with one, easy to use.

ivanll 

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:14 »
hi ivanll,george offered,i declined,i didn't like the feel of it.getting away from screens.may still get the compadre with the 8"coil after all,mr.r

Offline groundnoise

• Tin Foil

0%

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 22:16 »
Hi emubob,
I have the compadre with the 8" coil. I chose it over the 5.75" coil for its extra depth and coverage after researching it. I think the main advantages of the smaller coil is getting closer to playground equipment and going through 'extreme' trash. The 8" coil gets me to 30-40cm from playground gear and I have gotten used to picking out good targets in heavy trash as I have had the compadre for 5 years. Although I don't use it a great deal, I am quite used to it, how it talks to me. 
The best way to learn is to use it in all metal, if theres not too much trash, and over a target turn the disc knob around until the tone pops, clicks and splutters and then back again to a good signal. Over time, this will give you a pretty good idea what it is. It is a beep and dig unit as all detectors are really, if you don't want to miss anything. You disc out 'foil' and you lose small 9Kt gold rings. I usually run the disc between 'Iron' & 'foil' just past the 'n' in 'Iron'. A small 9Kt ring about 3" deep will give a good signal up to halfway between 'Iron' & 'foil', after that the tone will start to break up. Unfortunately there is a LOT more foil around than gold rings. You have to be in the right mindset to dig everything and not let it get you down. Some days I can't be bothered and set the disc just past 'pull tab'. This will pick up $1 & $2 coins, 1c, 2c, half/pennies, pre-decimals and silver jewellery with no foil. pull tabs, bottle tops, etc. The disc is spot on.

The compadre, for me, puts the 'fun' into detecting and its only $220. I paid $320 for mine 5 years ago! I feel the 8" coil is a much better all round coil than the 5.75" coil, even though I have not used the latter. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD2200D, GPX4500, GPX5000, Xterra 705, Compadre

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 08:46 »
thanks for the info.i originally had the 5.75 one and like a fool sold it and been kicking myself ever since.on aussie detecting the price was $220.00,but they just quoted me a new price of $285.00 plus $25.00 postage,might have put it out of my range again.emubob

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Likes Given: 318

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 12:40 »
i originally had the 5.75 one and like a fool sold it and been kicking myself ever since.on aussie detecting the price was $220.00,but they just quoted me a new price of $285.00 plus $25.00 postage,might have put it out of my range again.emubob

You could give Lost Treasures a try, EB: http://www.losttreasures.com.au/tesoro-compadre/
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 13:02 »
to late i just bought a compadre with the 8"coil,emubob

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2015, 09:39 »
So how's the Compadre working out, should have it by now if purchased from an agent here in Oz which is claimed to have stock ???.
ivanll

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2015, 11:52 »
hi ivanll,may have it in two,to three weeks.you put your money down and wait.their really slow,down there,mr.r.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 634

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 12:32 »
Is that coming from the Bendigo shop that just closed?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 15:28 »
aussie detecting and prospecting,bendigo.how many detecting shops are there in bendigo.payment done through pay pal.hmmm!! emubob

tonyw

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 16:20 »
There are so many warnings concerning this seller, but people continue to purchase from there, i find it quite amazing.

BUYER BEWARE

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2015, 17:28 »
According to the info on this link by the Australian Tesoro agent, these ? dealers have stock............I see them as mere subagents but see no stock at any of them!
http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=24330.0
Perhaps because it's all coming from the same restrictive orifice............... including this one.
http://www.tesoro.com.au/
My contact in USA would send one by USPS usually delivered in  7-10 days with tracking to Sydney.
I liked it when Mr David Bishop was the Tesoro dealer, always a pleasure to talk to.
ivanll
1995 For the benefit to those of us that are younger.

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Likes Given: 3308

• Total Badges: 26
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 19:51 »
Ouch ! another unhappy customer , I hate to see good people sucked into that abyss . :(
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2015, 08:54 »
hi,a bugs trek.i think you'll find that those detectors sold by lost treasure in bribane are an off shoot of aussie detecting and prospecting in bendigo,emubob

Offline mike33

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: Nerang. gold Coast. Qld.
  • Likes Given: 802

• Total Badges: 15
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 21:40 »
I had a few dealings with David Bishop when he was the Tesoro dealer, he was a great guy and his service was first class. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: C&G Wildcat. Whites 6000D. Tesoro Stingray Tesoro Cortes. Tesoro Sand Shark
  • Oldest find: 1800 penny

Offline goldpick

• Gold

30%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 420

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 22:49 »
Given the new Tesoro Oz website is supposedly based out of Adelaide, have the distribution rights for Tesoro changed hands yet again???  ???
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline ozman

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: murrumba downs qld
  • Likes Given: 2

Fifth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 06:31 »
 If Tesoro is interested in regaining a solid share of the OZ detector market, they will have to change their approach ....waiting weeks for orders and being given the" run around" by the local importer is business suicide..how many prospective Tesoro buyers have selected other brands because it's all too hard ...the good will and respect that David Bishop achieved for Tesoro and himself  have unfortunately been seriously eroded since his passing...good products need good backup or they will go the way of the dinosaurs...I too have heard a rumour about a change of agency, but it may only be that.... until confirmed...ozman.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: infinium, excalibur 2,mxt,vaquero
  • Oldest find: 1867

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 10:47 »
to late i just bought a compadre with the 8"coil,emubob

I'm kind of interested in how the Compadre is working out............. so Mr R. spill the beans. :)

ivanll

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 08:15 »
hi ivanll,had it a whole two days finally.found $17.80 so far,no jewellery yet but it's early days.i prefer the sound of the silver umax,it sounds more crisper than the comadre over a target.found a $0.02 coin this morning down about 5 to 6 inches in a park.i'm still finding them,i thought it was silver something,oh well.emubob.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

66.67%

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 11:55 »
Good to see you got it Mr R. without to much of a wait and that it's working for you.

ivanll

Offline emubob

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 09:15 »
i'm glad i bought it,this morning i went to a park and found a further $13.30 that a few days ago a person known to me who uses a ctx had searched it finding only a couple of dollars.he said it was awaste of time going there.i only did it to see if the compadre would find anything.hmmm,interesting,emubob

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything