* Share it Around

Author Topic:  IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Swankman

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!
« on: July 21, 2015, 17:36 »
Like a kid in a toyshop today.  my ace350 turned up this morning!  Played around in the house with everything i could find.  my ring, wife's ring, coins, the re-bar in the concrete slab my house is on....

So with that out of the way I went to the beach which is a 1 minute drive away.  Tip 1: DO NOT wear your steel cap boots!  hahaha  I went after work and yeah.  

Right now down to business.  No I didn't find anything good, but I did pull up crap straight away, which I was chuffed with.  Old tent peg, nail, random bit of steel.  That spot/beach doesn't have allot of sand on it though, and below is I'm assuming ironstone.  Big chucks you pull up will set off the detector when you wave it in front in a test.  so I was getting allot of hits showing iron.  At one point I just held down the pinpoint button and spun around in a circle getting a full bar signal/pinpoint every 2-3 feet!  

Question is, would all that rock give false signals every now and then?  (maybe because the sensitivity was too high?)  I got a couple decent "bell" tones showing the other end of the scale for gold, silver/american coins, but couldn't' find anything.  I dug them both, found nothing, and then swept the hole and diggings again and never got the bell tone.  I didn't have allot of time to mess around though because my 3 year old cracked it on the windiest day on the planet here.  :)  She was stoked with her treasure though...

Thoughts?

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 21:10 »
Take a dollar with you next time and bury it. Keep turning the sensitivity down until you notice a decent drop in depth. It may help with the falsing. You should be able to setup a custom mode that might work better. The ace doesn't have a good name for working mineralised areas. ( Don't forget your dollar )
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 26
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 00:51 »
Do you have a pin pointer yet ? If not , I and everyone else recommend you should get one , will cut down your retrieval time substantially !
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline Swankman

• Copper

0%

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 18:33 »
Do you have a pin pointer yet ? If not , I and everyone else recommend you should get one , will cut down your retrieval time substantially !

No i don't, but i'm getting on good old ebay right now to get one.  I just got back from the first real go.  the pinpoint on the detector itself is ok, but a pin-pointer would be soooo much better. 

I gave up on a couple spots because i just couldn't find what i had found in the sand.  I had it out of the hole and was just kicking it around too...lol  Oh well.  Hopefully just fish hooks and not earrings.   :)

playing with the sensitivity helped a bit too, but unless i turn it down REALLY low i seem to get allot of false hits.  Or at least i think they are.  Maybe they aren't and i could be sitting on the biggest iron ore deposit in AUSTRALIA!!   :o

made $1.05au

first gold coin made me smile

Offline Andy1918

• Silver
  • Luck = Opportunity + Preparedness + Effort

0%
    • I live in: Sydney NSW
    • Youtube Channel
  • Likes Given: 776

• Total Badges: 28
    500 Posts Sixpence Commonwealth Halfpenny Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence Roo Penny The Gold Ring Second year Anniversary Gold Ring Shootout Winner Find of the Month Winner 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 19:06 »
Swankman,
Keep at it, because it only gets easier and better!
I second the advice to get a pinpointer.  Once you have it you'll realise how essential it is.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-Terra 305, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Pro Find-25
  • Oldest find: Queen Victoria 1881 Half Penny
2017 Goals
1966 50 cent piece: Hoping this year again!
Replenish my pre-decimal coin badges.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 682

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 21:58 »
Check the sellers feedback on Garretts pinpointers. Lots of fakes around that don't work as well.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 22
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 23:01 »
The more you get out the more experience u will get . It sounds like a little bit of falsing .. As rwork said try the bury the coin trick , fields or grassed areas might be a better start off . Good luck and happy hunting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline Swankman

• Copper

0%

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 17:19 »
The more you get out the more experience u will get . It sounds like a little bit of falsing .. As rwork said try the bury the coin trick , fields or grassed areas might be a better start off . Good luck and happy hunting .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sticking with the beach for now to learn my machine.  I'm quite happy digging as much as I like there.  :)  I'm surrounded by them any-ways, literally. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: none

Offline philbo

• Bronze

23.33%
    • I live in: Dapto NSW
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 18
    Second year Anniversary The TON The Gold Ring Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Returned an Item Find of the Month Winner 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 10:19 »
I found with my gti that you can reduce the sensitivity quite a bit without losing much depth at all and it will reduce the falsing substantially. Alternatively when you get used to the machine you will notice that the false beeping is a short stopped beep where as the good targets are slightly longer and drawn-out. You will fine tune your hunting with experience. good luck swankman.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett groundhog, whites coinmaster, garrett gti -1500,garrett AT pro,garrett sea hunter mk2.
  • Oldest find: RELIC: 1884 silver hair clip COIN: 1874 threepence.

Offline Jockaroo

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Maroochydore Qld
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 3
    First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 07:51 »
Hi Swankman I use an ace 250 with a dd coil on the beach all the time and usually have no problems with falsing,for dry sand I use the jewellery mode with sensitivity on 6 to 8,if you get anywhere near the damp stuff it will start to false,so I then switch to custom mode which I have notched out from the ring pull back you may also have to drop the sensitivity down to 4 or 5 it works good for me on the Qld beaches,hope this helps cheers Jockaroo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Seahunter mk2 Garrett Ace 250 Makro Racer
  • Oldest find: 1919 florin

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything