* Share it Around

Author Topic:  DIY QUESTION  (Read 575 times)

Offline dirtburrower

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    6.67%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
DIY QUESTION
« on: January 31, 2017, 11:34 »
Hi, so first of all, I am an ex-hoarder, and don't want to go down that road again, but I often see those home combination gym units made from square formed steel tube thrown away and wonder has anyone found another use for them. Workshop/camping, ?
I know they are thin steel, and often reusing is more cost and work than starting from scratch, but I look at those preformed bends, stable base, axles of sorts, and adjustable and locking arms and wonder. That internet hasn't helped, but maybe I am asking the wrong questions. Thanks, DB.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Cut my teeth on Garrett A2B, now living the dream with a CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1894 six pence

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 633

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: DIY QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 18:30 »
 I was given a lot of pipes and odd bends from some gym equipment. I used some of it yesterday to beef up an antenna mast on my Van.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline farnorthener

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Top End QLD
  • Likes Given: 1832

• Total Badges: 27
    Fourth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 23:15 »
i inherited one with house. i'm the same, bit of a hoarder, tried to find uses but wasn't many. still have the pullleys. some parts , most sat for a while then got scrapped would make good brackets . seemed to be of a low quality steel .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Using and own - AT-pro, Infinium-LS, CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Old Chinese Cash Coin - 1862 Ha'penny
Time spent in the outdoors is never wasted

Offline dirtburrower

• Bronze

6.67%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 10:58 »
Thanks Rwork and FNR, in a world where people pretend to want to reuse/recycle, stuff like this has little use, or value (apart from scrap.) . And even treasures from an earlier time have little value, as they are now superseded. Like the drill presses, where you could actually fix your hand drill into a frame, like magic. Popular mechanics and the like showing you how to do and build anything. A touch of nostalgia for the primitive, simple past on a cold wet Perth day. Anyway back to it, DB.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Cut my teeth on Garrett A2B, now living the dream with a CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1894 six pence

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam