Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 633

• Total Badges: 50
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Mail
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:46 »
John Winter from England recently sent me a very old coin he found.  It took ten days to arrive and a coin that was sent from Sth Australia the same day as Johns also arrived in ten days.
I sent John back some items and guess what arrived in the mail today. My international parcel, clearly marked To and From on different sides of the parcel and delivered to me instead of John W.
Try again today.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Oceandog

• Bronze

100%
    • I live in: Frankston
  • Likes Given: 171

• Total Badges: 12
    Comm Penny Sixpence Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence 100 Posts 50 Posts Rams Head Shilling Commonwealth Halfpenny Roo Penny Florin 10 Posts First Post
Re: Mail
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 16:46 »
And the Boss of Australia Post got paid $5 million last year ( 8 times the pms wage)...... (bloody ridiculous)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030, Gofind 40, Profind 25, Garrett pro pointer II.
  • Oldest find: 1748 Russian half kopek coin
Wish list:
Rising Sun Badge....please
Gold Sovereign
Gold 1/2 Sovereign
Cartwheel penny
Any Cricket Buckle...please
Chinese coins

Favourite Finds;
1966 Round 50c Australian
1835 East India Company 1/2 anna
1835 East India Company 1/4 anna

Offline roy cobb

• Bronze
  • I live in Sawyers Gully NSW

26.67%
  • Likes Given: 96

• Total Badges: 21
    One year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 18:29 »
I orded some gear from the USA in oz in 3 days but has not move from Sydney  for over 6 days and still waiting
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelad Eureka gold X terra 705
  • Oldest find: 1926 three pence (first as well)
Minelab Eurka gold with coilteck coils pinpointer Xterra 705 dual pack

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 494

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 01:11 »
I sent off a coil to ML last Thursday from Hervey Bay. 
It was in Melbourne by Sunday then took a trip up to the Dandenongs before it returned to Melbourne on Monday and then finally to Adelaide by Wednesday this week. 
New coil from ML South Australia shipped via startrack on Wednesday, was at my front gate Thursday AM...and to top it off, as I wasnt home the courier rang me and then waited some 10 minutes for me to get home and take it off his hands. 
I dont like Australia Post, their one and only primary job hasn't change in decades yet it now takes longer, costs more, and has a higher rate of losses and damaged goods than ever before.  I could turn that company around for 10% of what they are paying him to run into the ground.
My suspicion is that that the board WANT Auspost to be run into the ground and disposed of by the government so the government fully privatises it and they can load up on shares as part of their renumeration package before it goes public. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline dirtburrower

• Bronze

6.67%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 02:58 »
Hi goldnugget01, just a heads up, Startrack is owned by Australia post, so maybe they just want us to pay more for an efficient service. Like how now you can pay more for quicker letter service.  As letters /bills have declined drastically through post, parcels are all that keep it making money. (apart from multi pronged other ventures.What don't they try to flog?) Regarding privitisation, that could work in capital cities, but no private company could afford to take it on for rural Australia. So maybe it will just die a natural death in the bush. But the good news is there is not much left to sell off anymore. So the plan has worked. And Australia was great whilst it lasted. 
Once they said, "Advance Australia", but now its, "Celebrate the failure, give up for Australia." DB.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Cut my teeth on Garrett A2B, now living the dream with a CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1894 six pence

Offline JohnUK

• Gold

30%
    • I live in: Buckinghamshire UK
    • John Winter's Blog
  • Likes Given: 145

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 03:21 »
 ... I sent John back some items and guess what arrived in the mail today ...
That was just a rehearsal, Ray.
But now, you've got me wondering ...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Several Minelabs / XP Goldmaxx Power / Deus
  • Oldest find: Celtic Gold Staters
Assistant Editor of the UK Searcher magazine
www.johnwinter.net

Offline goldnugget01

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Wide Bay Qld
  • Likes Given: 494

• Total Badges: 22
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 12:46 »
Hi goldnugget01, just a heads up, Startrack is owned by Australia post, so maybe they just want us to pay more for an efficient service. Like how now you can pay more for quicker letter service.  As letters /bills have declined drastically through post, parcels are all that keep it making money. (apart from multi pronged other ventures.What don't they try to flog?) Regarding privitisation, that could work in capital cities, but no private company could afford to take it on for rural Australia. So maybe it will just die a natural death in the bush. But the good news is there is not much left to sell off anymore. So the plan has worked. And Australia was great whilst it lasted.
Once they said, "Advance Australia", but now its, "Celebrate the failure, give up for Australia." DB.

I know they acquired 50% of startrack from QANTAS as part of a swapping arrangement for Australian Air Express however it doesnt really change the issue with Australia Posts core service itself. 

It takes longer, it costs more, and they lose (*cough* Steal) more than they did before and that is what costs them more than anything else. 

When you are primarily the sole supplier of a service for so long with little issues and with all the automation and technology over the years to 'streamline' the process and to keep costs down, something has gone seriously to shit in the last few years with this service and the people running it.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ML Explorer SE - std DD coil & ML x-terra 70. Coils: std concentric, 10x5 18.75DD, 15" 18.75DD
  • Oldest find: 1912 threepence...make that an 1899 Penny..make that an 1861? German 4 Pfennige. A suss looking (but confirmed) 1830-1837 half crown
Every day is 'Clean Up Australia Day' when you go detecting.

Offline JohnUK

• Gold

30%
    • I live in: Buckinghamshire UK
    • John Winter's Blog
  • Likes Given: 145

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 01:04 »
Well, my wonderful surprise arrived safely this morning.
Thanks Ray for making an old man happy. My birth year too!

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:04 by JohnUK »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Several Minelabs / XP Goldmaxx Power / Deus
  • Oldest find: Celtic Gold Staters
Assistant Editor of the UK Searcher magazine
www.johnwinter.net

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 633

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 07:13 »
6 days to England is fast. Aust Post second try after they sent the coins back to myself. The Florin shown took 10 days to arrive from South Australia.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything