* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Dead carrot  (Read 606 times)

Offline Spillver

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Dead carrot
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:58 »
Just got home after a 3am start to travel to a goldie honey hole.
The haul was 15 cents.
My week and a half old carrot has crapped out.
The old pro pointer served well but had recently displayed signs if packing in, so I thought I'd upgrade to an at.
All it does is one shrill high pitch tone with full flatline buzz, making a pinpoint imposssible as it goes off the same within a few inches of the target.

I sat in the car and emailed garret about the lovely start to my day and have requested someone get back to me.

I had a pro find fir a short time nut went back to the pro pointer as after years of doing quick draws from the holster I had gotten used to the feel and position of it and the power button.

I think I will request a refund rather than a replacement and just get myself used to the pro find.

The waterproof function of the carrot is negated by the unreliability.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline ANT1967-2

• Silver

3.33%
    • I live in: Victoria at the moment
  • Likes Given: 836

• Total Badges: 10
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Re: Dead carrot
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 10:14 »
A week & a half ........... sheesh

Did you buy it locally ?

I just bought a Deteknix wader Li , only used it for 2 quick park sessions , I like it so far .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used - a few , Own GPX5000 , CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Gold nuggets , 1857 Gothic Florin

Online Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 681

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 16:37 »
Not a fan of two button pointers but the one i purchased from Cledgy seems ok. Good to be able to stick it underwater. My original Garrett is still working well. I would be very unimpressed if a new Garrett failed even in 6 months.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

16.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 454

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 19:42 »
Might have been caused by moisture ingress, there are a few you tube clips showing AT pinpointers with corrsion and rust on some of the electronics, plus water inside the shell.  Apparently the innards simply slide out once you remove the single screw inside the battery compartment if you want to check (may compromise the warranty).
If it is the vibrating motor that has crapped out (makes god aweful noise), the garret pinpointer isn't alone, my TRX motor has done the same thing - sounds like the vibe motor is about ready to seize up. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline Spillver

• Gold

0%
  • Likes Given: 0

500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 21:17 »
Might have been caused by moisture ingress, there are a few you tube clips showing AT pinpointers with corrsion and rust on some of the electronics, plus water inside the shell.  Apparently the innards simply slide out once you remove the single screw inside the battery compartment if you want to check (may compromise the warranty).
If it is the vibrating motor that has crapped out (makes god aweful noise), the garret pinpointer isn't alone, my TRX motor has done the same thing - sounds like the vibe motor is about ready to seize up.
Probably not.
This is just out of the box and only used twice on dry hunts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

33.33%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Likes Given: 1594

Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 21:24 »
Might have been caused by moisture ingress, there are a few you tube clips showing AT pinpointers with corrsion and rust on some of the electronics, plus water inside the shell. Apparently the innards simply slide out once you remove the single screw inside the battery compartment if you want to check (may compromise the warranty). If it is the vibrating motor that has crapped out (makes god aweful noise), the garret pinpointer isn't alone, my TRX motor has done the same thing - sounds like the vibe motor is about ready to seize up.

I have spare vib motors is you need :-)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline hatch

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Melbroune (182 km) from Beaufort vic 3373.
  • Likes Given: 367

• Total Badges: 37
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 19:10 »
Brought one from local dealer a month ago,two weeks later it shit it self no noise at all so rang garrett Australia in QLD great man named roy said send it to him so i post it week later his rang me back saying will send you a new one best service and great talking to him. Dont send it back to where you purchased it from just ring garrett Australia QLD .....thanks again ROY.

hatch.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Xterra 305,705,Garrett pro-pointer AT.
  • Oldest find: 4x1797 Cartwheel pennies./1799 Farthing,
IF IN DOUBT DIG IT OUT!

Offline Oceandog

• Bronze

100%
    • I live in: Frankston
  • Likes Given: 231

• Total Badges: 13
    Rising Sun Comm Penny Sixpence Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence 100 Posts 50 Posts Rams Head Shilling Commonwealth Halfpenny Roo Penny Florin 10 Posts
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 20:10 »
Roy from Garrett Australia replaced mine when it shat itself also No questions asked. Very impressed with the customer service.
Brought one from local dealer a month ago,two weeks later it shit it self no noise at all so rang garrett Australia in QLD great man named roy said send it to him so i post it week later his rang me back saying will send you a new one best service and great talking to him. Dont send it back to where you purchased it from just ring garrett Australia QLD .....thanks again ROY.

hatch.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030, Gofind 40, Profind 25, Garrett pro pointer II.
  • Oldest find: 1748 Russian half kopek coin
Wish list:
Rising Sun Badge  ;D
Gold Sovereign
Gold 1/2 Sovereign
Cartwheel penny
Any Cricket Buckle...please
Chinese coins

Favourite Finds;
1966 Round 50c Australian
1835 East India Company 1/2 anna
1835 East India Company 1/4 anna
1902 Rising Sun Badge

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

43.33%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 454

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 10:35 »
Roy from Garrett Australia replaced mine when it shat itself also No questions asked. Very impressed with the customer service.

I can reiterate the above....Had a similar problem with a probe a few moths ago
,... and similar service from Roy...excellent customer service,who went out of his way to be pleasant and helpful in spite of my rather negative attitude!

ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything