* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Why you haven't heard from me lately  (Read 741 times)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Why you haven't heard from me lately
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:02 »
Hi fellow swingers of the beepstick.
 Some around here will hopefully remember me as I used to post a lot before. The reason I don't is I'm not detecting as much and I don't have as much ability or energy to type here. I stopped detecting due to the pain it caused my joints. My rheumatologist has given me a preliminary diagnosis of Ankylosing spondylitis. For those of you who are thinking whats that. Ankylosing spondylitis is a systemic autoimmune disease like Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am fighting it with everything I have. I have given up meat, dairy,gluten,sugar, alcohol, spicy and processed foods. I do daily meditation and Yoga and I'm taking PEA for pain relief. I also do Wim Hof breathing techniques and cold therapy. I'm sure i'll beat this disease and not let it cripple me and i hope to see you out there when I'm detecting again. Thanks for all the help and support this community has provided to me over the years and I hope to improve enough to continue to post here again.
Tommy Cash

• Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline kg1

• Platinum

73.33%
    • I live in: Melb Vic
  • Likes Given: 1050

• Total Badges: 20
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Why you haven't heard from me lately
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 06:33 »
That is terrible news TC.
It never ceases to amaze me the amount of exotic diseases and ailments out there just waiting to strike a good man (or woman) down.
Hope you beat this crap soon, certainly sounds like your doing everything humanly possible to win.
All the best for the future.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: xterra70

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1208

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 07:36 »
Sorry to hear and hope your back out there again soon.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 628

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 08:44 »
Tommy Cash joined the forum in early 2010 and has posted about many interesting outings over the years. Sounds like something that is taking some beating, i hope you can cut down the pain a bit.

( I have had a toothache for 3 days, not impressed with the pain but mine is easily cured.)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
    • I live in: n.e. tassie
  • Likes Given: 2689

• Total Badges: 23
    Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:54 »
Rotten news TC , can only wish you all the best with your battle . I am sure you are well remembered here as you sure made some quality posts . I hope we see you hunting and posting again soon . Get well .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline blueyonder

• Platinum

13.33%
    • I live in: Avalon NSW
  • Likes Given: 551

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Rising Sun Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 09:08 »
All the best mate..sounds like you are determined to get yourself back to normal and I'm sure you will. Watched a couple of Wim Hof's videos recently and they certainly show that we have powers of control over our bodily processes that we can learn to harness..cheers..Dave
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Infinium LS,Garrett AT PRO
  • Oldest find: 1842 Queen Victoria young head silver half crown

Offline werewolf

• Platinum

30%
    • I live in: Illawarra, NSW
  • Likes Given: 175

• Total Badges: 37
    2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 16:15 »
Sad to hear that Tommy, I sincerely hope you can overcome this nasty. I also have an auto immune condition - Scleroderma - which has severely impacted upon my quality of life (and detecting mojo). As well as affecting my lungs and heart, it has also damaged my esophagus causing constant reflux. Bending down to retrieve targets causes further reflux and as a result I don't get out much these days.

Hang in there, stay positive and reflect on the good aspects of your life. Works for me and I'm doing ok.

WW

Offline Radar1966

• Platinum
  • Lost and confused but still working on it

30%
    • I live in: Perth Western Australia
  • Likes Given: 582

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 11:58 »
Good to see you on line again TC, sorry to hear about your condition. Hope it improves for you and you can get back into the hobby.

Regards
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-terra 705 15in WOT 3khz, 7.5khz, 18.75khz 6inch digger 3khz Garrett Propointer Minelab Profind Minelab Excalibur 11
  • Oldest find: 1806-1807 George III Halfpenny

Offline daviddi

• Bronze
  • I like metal detecting

26.67%
    • I live in: Perth, Western Australia.
  • Likes Given: 125

• Total Badges: 23
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 13:06 »
Tommy Cash ,
Only because I have seen my ex , who I still help her out when it strikes to deal this the very painful condition of Ankylosing spondylitis for about the last 23 years. It's distressing to see her with the pain she experiences. She takes some very serious medication/s to alleviate the pain and only just last week , reverted to valium as a quick fix for the very serious, crippling to the extent of hospitalizing her , for the back pain she had. Seems to affect her knees as well.  
I wish you all the best and hope you manage to find a way to help you get through and deal with it.

David Di  

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 13:08 by daviddi »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Mostly use Minelab CTX-3030 but still have and occasionally use the following Minelab E-Trac,Explorer SE, Explorer 11, Explorer XS, Eric Foster P.I Goldscan 5c, Eric Foster P.I Deepstar v.3,Xp Deus, Whites DFX, Garrett Deep Seeker, Fisher Gold Bug Pro.
  • Oldest find: Domitian (81-96 AD), denarius found near Perth, Western Australia.

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

70%
    • I live in: Close to the shear water .
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 16:17 »
Thats no good Tom,
Hang in their and give it your best shot. Hopefully you will get on top of it and get back swinging.
Regards Beeeeeepppnn.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites v3i, Whites Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 224

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2017, 16:12 »
Mate , I feel your pain, your misguided if you think members from that time have forgotten who you are, I remember your contributions quite well, just keeping in touch and let us know how your progressing will be more than sufficient, detecting adventures will come later, chin up TC and all the best for a speedy recovery.......cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 03:07 »
Thanks for your support guys. Especially your understanding Daviddi, you more than anyone have an idea of just what i'm going through. Haven't had it too bad in my back, just neck and most other major joints. I'm just taking it one day at a time at the moment, and am happy when I have those rare pain free days.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr

Offline Sambo

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane, Queensland
  • Likes Given: 1436

• Total Badges: 40
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 11:30 »
Sorry to hear TC and sincerely hope things improve for you soon.  I remember your early days with the old Sov Elite.  Looking forward to your future contributions once you up and swinging again.

Sambo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics Omega, Minelab Explorer II
  • Oldest find: 1826 King George IV Penny

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 01:40 »
Turns out I don't have Ankylosing Spondylitis which is great as I never liked the idea of fused vertebrae anyway, I have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease. The connective tissue in your body is the "glue" that holds it together, My immune system gets confused and can't tell friend from foe and starts wailing in on my own tissue. 
The diagnosis of UCTD means I don't fall into any of the neat categories for any of the usual auto immune diseases, but they know there is something going on. So at the moment my list of health problems are Hypermobility, Raynaud's Phenomena, and UCTD. 
I've actually been a bit better lately but its too early to use the word remission. Metal detecting involves a lot of squatting, kneeling and getting up off the ground and I'm like an 80 year old man with my knees - they pop an crack every time i get up. But I want to get back out there soon and just push through the pain and enjoy myself. Plus I need the money for my medication. 
Thanks for your support guys
Tommy Cash  .          

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 628

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 09:09 »
I don't know if having UCTD is good news but maybe better than the previous diagnoses. I know one of our members was on tablets costing $60000 a month but with government assistance they ended up at a discounted price.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam