Australian Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting

Australian Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting Forum

* Share it Around

Original Rising Sun Badge(Read 462 times)
Original Rising Sun Badge on: July 26, 2017, 19:34
There are several re-issue/reproduction rising sun badges, I would like to know how to tell the original from the genuine one? Looking online, they all seem to be pretty cheap!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 23:17 by Looking Man »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Numerous detectors in the past and present.
  • Oldest find: Rocks.

Re: Original Rising Sun Badge Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:42
Makers mark on back should help, not all did have them though i believe.. I could probably part with one or two genuine dug items, maybe a swap.. regards. Pm me if you like..FNR
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Using and own - AT-pro, Infinium-LS, CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Old Chinese Cash Coin - 1862 Ha'penny
Time spent in the outdoors is never wasted

Re: Original Rising Sun Badge Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:27
FNQ is correct

not all did have them though i believe.

( maker's  imprint that is ~)

As many on site know I seem to have an aptitude / talent  for  finding RS's ~ and as a result have 'quite a few' !
Not every one  has the maker's mark ~  there are  variety of  makers as well~ The rarest one I have found to date is "General Plastics" ~
I can only suggest that  if you  want to buy an original you specifically insist to the  vendor that  'he' guarantees or states as to whether it is a 're-pop' or  an original ~
As most know  there are a LOT of  remakes around in ALL things  ~

In fact my off-sider was putting together a wall chart of Australian  service badges and he paid  $120 for a badge to  find it was  a remake ~ The vendor  did  confess he was not aware of the fact and they did come to an agreement  on a reduced price ~

The seller offered a refund but DM was happy  with the  done deal they made ~

But also I suggest  always use PayPal, ( I / we  just Love PayPal!)  ~ as they offer extended  "warranty " on goods purchased. Of course you then have to establish whether in fact  'yours' is  in fact genuine ~

Good Luck YOU ~

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 00:15 by StuartSS-Werkin »

Re: Original Rising Sun Badge Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 13:51
Gee whiz I will have to  go  back to work and spell check my early  morning  reply ~ LOL

Extending further ~ Cheap is not  a good sign ~ But I bought  one out of the USA   for $15 USD  ~ original and  complete ~ with  split pin ~ 

Why ? 

I wanted an original patina badge to  compare and use as  guide  to recreate that original patina  and appearance ~ 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab CTX 3030 + Garrett AT Pro ~ Noktar Pin Pointer.
  • Oldest find: Queen Victoria 1887 Jubilee Maltese Cross + 1863 Penny ~( "Quite a few " ~ Rising Suns ) ~

xx
The rising sun badge

Started by douglas on General Detecting Chatter

2 Replies
Last post April 09, 2017, 06:13
by Dutchy (Jarhead)
xx
Rising sun badge

Started by FSH00 on General Detecting Chatter

1 Replies
Last post April 17, 2012, 23:19
by jack