* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Original Rising Sun Badge  (Read 349 times)

Offline Looking Man

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Likes Given: 6

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Original Rising Sun Badge
« on: July 26, 2017, 19:34 »
There are several re-issue/reproduction rising sun badges, I would like to know how to tell the original from the genuine one? Looking online, they all seem to be pretty cheap!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 23:17 by Looking Man »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Numerous detectors in the past and present.
  • Oldest find: Rocks.

Offline farnorthener

• Platinum

50%
    • I live in: Top End QLD
  • Likes Given: 1832

• Total Badges: 27
    Fourth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Original Rising Sun Badge
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:42 »
Makers mark on back should help, not all did have them though i believe.. I could probably part with one or two genuine dug items, maybe a swap.. regards. Pm me if you like..FNR
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Using and own - AT-pro, Infinium-LS, CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Old Chinese Cash Coin - 1862 Ha'penny
Time spent in the outdoors is never wasted

Offline StuartSS-Werkin

• Copper
  • Stuart SS (in cognito ~ from Work station )

36.67%
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 2
    10 Posts First Post
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:27 »
FNQ is correct

not all did have them though i believe.

( maker's  imprint that is ~)

As many on site know I seem to have an aptitude / talent  for  finding RS's ~ and as a result have 'quite a few' !
Not every one  has the maker's mark ~  there are  variety of  makers as well~ The rarest one I have found to date is "General Plastics" ~
I can only suggest that  if you  want to buy an original you specifically insist to the  vendor that  'he' guarantees or states as to whether it is a 're-pop' or  an original ~
As most know  there are a LOT of  remakes around in ALL things  ~

In fact my off-sider was putting together a wall chart of Australian  service badges and he paid  $120 for a badge to  find it was  a remake ~ The vendor  did  confess he was not aware of the fact and they did come to an agreement  on a reduced price ~

The seller offered a refund but DM was happy  with the  done deal they made ~

But also I suggest  always use PayPal, ( I / we  just Love PayPal!)  ~ as they offer extended  "warranty " on goods purchased. Of course you then have to establish whether in fact  'yours' is  in fact genuine ~

Good Luck YOU ~

« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 00:15 by StuartSS-Werkin »

Offline Stuart SS

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Atherton Tablelands, Utopia, FNQ
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 127

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 13:51 »
Gee whiz I will have to  go  back to work and spell check my early  morning  reply ~ LOL

Extending further ~ Cheap is not  a good sign ~ But I bought  one out of the USA   for $15 USD  ~ original and  complete ~ with  split pin ~ 

Why ? 

I wanted an original patina badge to  compare and use as  guide  to recreate that original patina  and appearance ~ 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab CTX 3030 + Garrett AT Pro ~ Noktar Pin Pointer.
  • Oldest find: Queen Victoria 1887 Jubilee Maltese Cross + 1863 Penny ~( "Quite a few " ~ Rising Suns ) ~

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything