Author Topic:  Hi from Perth NoR  (Read 235 times)

Offline Sneaky

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    80%
    • I live in: Butler
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 3
    Badges: (View All)
    Roo Penny 10 Posts First Post
Hi from Perth NoR
« on: September 04, 2017, 10:50 »
Hi All,

How's it hanging folks?
Recently bought myself a GoFind40 to try this detecting lark out, wasn't sure if it was something I would be "into" or not so didn't want to spend too much.
It's a great little detector and I've found some coins and all the usual stuff on the beach and in local playgrounds.

Well it seems my significant other is more into detecting than I am! She's fully hooked now that she's found a ring there is no stopping her!! (nothing special but a ring is a ring)

Fast forward a few months, I've upgraded to an AT Pro and given SWMBO the GoFind, well now I'm getting grief because I've got a better detector than her.....
Happy Birthday to her, we are now the proud owners of  a GoFind40 and 2 AT Pro's and eating rice for a month, but we're having a crap-ton of fun.

Best find so far 1947 penny and the back plate off an old pocket watch, both last weekend.

Cheers
Sneaky

• Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT Pro, Minelab GoFind 40
  • Oldest find: Michelle (1967) :-) 1947 Penny
There are 10 types of people
Those who get binary and those who don't.

Offline flcooper1

• Silver

23.33%
    • I live in: Forrestfield, Western Australia
  • Likes Given: 377

• Total Badges: 22
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Hi from Perth NoR
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 11:24 »
Welcome Sneaky & Mrs Sneaky
Perth has a few of us about so feel free to ask any questions you can think of.
If you do find a $ ring take it to the police as lost & found, you will get it back in 60 days as almost no one lodges lost items with the police now (my experience) and you wont be accused of anything bad.
Good luck and have fun.
P.S.
Hills detectorist Shane-088 is/was hyper active on the AT Pro, worth checking his posts for a laugh and some great tips.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 11:29 by flcooper1 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD 2100, GPX 4000, X-Terra 705, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Deteknix Diver, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk2, XP Deus, Garrett ATX
  • Oldest find: 1917 C.O.A. half penny

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

60%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Likes Given: 596

• Total Badges: 33
    Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 05:57 »
The addiction is strong in this team,
Welcome to the forum and the hobby, who thought digging stuff up would be so much fun.
Bit of milk and brown sugar with that rice should make it a little more eatable.

Happy Hunting

Clegy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 634

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 08:04 »
Welcome to the forum, i hope you have at least one pinpointer with your gear. They save a lot of time and help stop damage in parks.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Sneaky

• Copper

80%

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 17:02 »
Welcome to the forum, i hope you have at least one pinpointer with your gear. They save a lot of time and help stop damage in parks.

Yep, we've got 3 between us, BEST purchase ever!

We're keeping out of grassed areas in parks etc, sticking to playgrounds, beaches and have got access to some old home sites on farmland around New Norcia, Southern Cross and Nungarin so we've got some ground to cover when we can get away.
Meanwhile the beaches NoR will have 2 more newbies blundering around for a while as we learn our machines.

Cheers
Sneaky

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

100%
  • Likes Given: 687

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 11:45 »
Still swinging my AT pro, love it, paid for itself several times over. Great machine even found natural gold with it. Good luck out there, may bump into each other one day. Probably will call the west oz mob together for another meeting this summer.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total between my mate and myself : over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Detectist

• Platinum

86.67%
    • I live in: Canberra, ACT
  • Likes Given: 1249

• Total Badges: 39
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year Returned an Item The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 12:09 »
Homesteads near Southern Cross hmmm  Not long, I suspect, before you go for gold and only eat the bags rice comes in.

Welcome on board.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer, GPX5000
  • Oldest find: 1662-1722 Chinese coin, Cartwheel Penny not to mention GOLD!

Offline Sneaky

• Copper

80%

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 00:40 »
Still swinging my AT pro, love it, paid for itself several times over. Great machine even found natural gold with it. Good luck out there, may bump into each other one day. Probably will call the west oz mob together for another meeting this summer.

A get together sounds good!
Hold off for a bit though so I've hopefully found something worthy of discussion  ::)

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything