* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Wireless headphones . . . .  (Read 252 times)

Offline Mossop

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 96

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Rising Sun Florin Commonwealth Halfpenny 50 Posts Sixpence Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence Roo Penny Third year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary
Wireless headphones . . . .
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:39 »
Just for interest, I purchased a pair of the Deteknix Wireless Headphones for the AT Pro after finding them for a reasonable price here in Aus ($138 plus postage from Nenad at Phase Technical).
Tried them out yesterday for the first time and they seem to work fine. First hole was a halfpenny stuck in between 2 junk signals, and had no trouble picking it up - nice way to christen them.
They are very light, and the lack of a thick wire holding me to the detector was great - no tangling of detector, headphones, screwdriver and pinpointer, and a lot easier with a  hat on. (I went wireless on my bass guitar years ago, and haven't looked back since).
It felt like there was a tiny lag in the signal, but that just may have been the junky ground. Either way, not enough to be an issue.
Very happy with them.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT Pro International, Minelab SDC-2300
  • Oldest find: Shotgun cartridge end - 1897-1927, 1912 C'wealth penny
I wanna to find stuff older than I am . . . . . .

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

100%
  • Likes Given: 686

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
Re: Wireless headphones . . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 14:48 »
Thanks for that review mossop, I have been wanting to go wireless with my AT pro for a while so I may have a look into these while I'm pricing wireless headphones for my GPX
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total between my mate and myself : over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 224

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 16:05 »
I'm with you Mossop, after the usual procrastination's on my part I have ended up with a  wireless system, a different brand but the benefits are the same. Shane did you know the new Garrett has inbuilt wireless, Z Link I think?, you could have the best of both worlds, Gold and Coin and Relic........cheers Colin.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 17:08 by OL 56 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline Justafisho

• Bronze

46.67%
  • Likes Given: 230

• Total Badges: 19
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 16:28 »
I tried mucking around with a Bluetooth sender and headphones(before deteknix had an option) was ok, but had a low him they argued with the threshold on the v3i. Not been an issue with the dues for obvious reasons. Are they over the head or ear bud style?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

100%
  • Likes Given: 686

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 17:07 »
I'm with you Mossop, after the usual procrastination's on my part I have ended up wireless system, a different brand but the benefits are the same. Shane did you know the new Garrett has inbuilt wireless, Z Link I think?, you could have the best of both worlds, Gold and Coin and Relic........cheers Colin.
I have been in the shop finding out all about the new AT max, yes z link. I will look into that. The missus just wanted to try the AT pro and found some coins so looks like I'll be needing another VLF, like the AT max but I would like to see this new minelab Equinox before I make any purchase. Or if I seen a second hand deus come up I might grab that for the right price.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total between my mate and myself : over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Mossop

• Copper

100%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 96

• Total Badges: 25
    Rising Sun Florin Commonwealth Halfpenny 50 Posts Sixpence Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence Roo Penny Third year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 17:15 »
I tried mucking around with a Bluetooth sender and headphones(before deteknix had an option) was ok, but had a low him they argued with the threshold on the v3i. Not been an issue with the dues for obvious reasons. Are they over the head or ear bud style?

Over the head style. No noticeable hum or interference, heaps of volume range. Link here => http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/deteknix-wirefree-lite-headphones-wa/
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT Pro International, Minelab SDC-2300
  • Oldest find: Shotgun cartridge end - 1897-1927, 1912 C'wealth penny
I wanna to find stuff older than I am . . . . . .

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

60%
    • I live in: Close to the shear water .
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 20:06 »
I would not be with out my Whites wireless headphones great no delay, keep you warm in winter, just a little warm in summer. At just on $500 not cheap but i have had them for over 7 years and they have never missed a beat. 
The only thing they are married to the v3i and cant be used with any other beepa.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Whites v3i, Whites Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam