* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Cleansweep coils?  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Mick in Dubbo

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Cleansweep coils?
« on: June 12, 2011, 20:09 »
 Just curious guys. Where do you buy your cleansweep coils from?
 Do they give you the same audio information that the standard coil gives you, or do targets sound different?
 Since I'm asking about coils, just wondering if the 5.75in coils give the same ground coverage as the standard coil? I did use werewolfs Cibola once and noticed that the only active part of the coil was under the receive coil, which really reduces it's ability to cover ground.
 Thanks.
 Mick Evans.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GTI 1500 and X-Terra 70

Offline werewolf

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Illawarra, NSW
  • Likes Given: 180

• Total Badges: 38
    Nineth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
Re: Cleansweep coils?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 23:07 »
Hiya Mick - don't tell me you're finally coming over to the dark side ;D

I bought mine from Texas Premium. Approx $150 plus postage from memory. He may or may not ship Tesoro coils to Oz these days ::)

Same audio info as the stock coils, same discrimination. Pinpointing is either at the tip or rear. Spot on every time.

The 5.75 coils come in both a widescan and concentric. I have the concentric and it seems the whole coil is active, although not as deep as the larger stock coil.

I also have the 10 x 12 DD coil for the Cibola, and while the whole coil is active and gives great coverage/depth, it discriminates differently as per the other coils mentioned. Whereas I can knock out screw caps with the other coils, on the same disc setting they still come thru' with the DD.

Steve
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Cibola & Minelab Etrac
  • Oldest find: Spanish 2 Reale - from between 1760 - 1771

Offline Mick in Dubbo

• Silver

0%

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 06:37 »
 G'day Steve.
 Would that be the dark side in so much as there is no meter on the detector. ;D. no. Mostly curious at the moment, but I often wonder about the Tesoros. Kinda got my interest up at the moment.
  I've been using the 5 inch Sunray coil on my Explorer as well as the 6 inch coil on the X-Terra on the last few hunts and have been finding myself digging targets before I often look at the screen, which seems to imply that you can get a good feel for what targets are with small coils. That brings up the point about the 5.75in coil that comes on the Compadre compared to the standard coil that you get on say the Cibola. I guess that due to the way the standard has such a narrow field, I can assume that that's why it would you give good audio feedback. When I used your Cibola, I noticed that the pinpoint feature gives you a pretty good idea of the size of a target. It can also take the cleansweep coil. Apart from that, the Compadre, would be a good choice to use, should I ever be tempted to buy a Tesoro. 8)
 Thanks for your post. It helped heaps.
 Mick Evans.

Offline werewolf

• Platinum

6.67%

Nineth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:36 »
I'm considering a Compadre also as a keep-in-the-car machine for spur of the moment hunts. Ideally, if it were possible to hardwire a Cleansweep coil to the Compadre it would be a fabulous, lightweight goldie machine :)

Offline Mick in Dubbo

• Silver

0%

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 18:14 »
 If you're interested Steve, over on the Findmall Modification forum, on page 5, there is a thread on how to wire up another coil to the Compadre. If you don't mind voiding the warranty and are a bit savvy around a soldering iron, then you could do it. I think that the thread went like, "Can you modify the Compadre to take Other coil?"
 Mick Evans.

Offline Mick in Dubbo

• Silver

0%

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 23:28 »
 Seriously starting to think about a new detector. The Comopadre would be a good first Tesoro. Been checking out the Cortes a bit as well. Talking to Phil Sternes over at the Goldmining Centre as well today, as the AT Pro is on the radar as well. And to think I was going so well, but the itch to buy again. 9 months. Right on schedule. I seem to get the itch every 9 months. Must be some sort of cruel maternal thing going on. Can't pop babies but can buy detectors. ;D ??? This is getting weird. :P
 Better put the Omega up for sale and save a few dollars.
 Mick Evans.

Offline ohb1

• Platinum

43.33%
    • I live in: Sunshine Coast
  • Likes Given: 454

• Total Badges: 36
    Seventh year Anniversary Florin Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Wheat Three Pence Round 50 Cents 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:37 »
Ringa's mum uses a Compadre with a 5.7" concentric coil...She keeps finding Silver coins that have been passed over by the larger 8" coil on the Laser (Not impressed  :D ) But I console myself by believing its because the smaller coil seperates the signals between the  rubbish , rather than she has a better machine :)

I haven't looked at the connection on the Compadre, but I do know that the cleansweep I have ordered has a 5 pin connection to suit the laser...The newer "hot" cleansweep (to suit the Cibola) has a 4 pin connection, and there is also a 2 pin cleansweep for the Sandshark (my next purchase if I find the land- based coil is all that WW claims it to be  :D :D)

ohb1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Laser B1; Tesoro Cortes; Tesoro Sand Shark, Minelab 3030; Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: George IV shilling 1825-1829
swing..sweet silver succumbs.... sorrow,scratched, still, sentimental... smile, satisfied,... search, somewhere, sometime, silver

Offline Mick in Dubbo

• Silver

0%

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 23:15 »
 I've been hunting with a 5in Sunray coil on the Explorer lately, as well as the 6in DD coil on my X-terra too. Apart from better target separation, I'm noticing that I seem to be able to get a better idea of what the target is. It seems that I am able to feel around the object more precisely. That's gotta be a big plus for the Compadre. Actually, I asked the guys on the Findmall Tesoro forum about the various Tesoros. One chap in particular felt that the Compadre was his best Tesoro, because he could discriminate what a target was with it better than the other Tesoros that he'd used. I would put that down to the smaller coil.
 Mick Evans.

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast QLD.
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 25
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
CLEANSWEEP COILS NOT AVAILABLE?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 11:44 »
Just browsing theTesoro wesite and, notice Cleansweep coils are not available for any model :o
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Silver Umax & Vibra Quatic 2 Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1921 6pence
WANDERING IN A FOG BUT WITH A GLIMPSE OF A GOLD COIN

Offline werewolf

• Platinum

6.67%

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 16:10 »
I know they had an issue with the Cleansweep for the HOT models (Cibola, Vaq & Tejon), but I thought the Umax models were ok? Could be a while before they're back in production - luckily I have a spare  :)

Offline Looking Man

• Silver

0%
  • Likes Given: 6

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 00:40 »
Does anyone know what the pricing is on these? New or used? I may be considering selling mine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Numerous detectors in the past and present.
  • Oldest find: Rocks.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

86.67%
    • I live in: Canberra

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 08:12 »
I think that the term "Cleansweep Coil" can only be used when refering to Whites coils because they patented the Cleansweep
Tesoro call their 3 x 18, Wide scan.

http://www.tesoro.com/product/coils/deltacoils.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:12 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Killer

• Copper

0%
  • Likes Given: 0

Seventh year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 00:44 »
Adrian, i think you will find Whites called their Cleansweep type coils "Bigfoot". If you blow up the photo of the Cleansweep coil in your link you will see it is clearly branded a Cleansweep coil. Killer
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPX4000/Xterra705/Tesoro Comparde

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

86.67%
    • I live in: Canberra

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 08:10 »
Yeah you be correct Grasshopper. Must have been a senior moment.  :-[
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam