collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Equinox beach tips - Gary Drayton  (Read 518 times)

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2534

• Total Badges: 38
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Equinox beach tips - Gary Drayton
« on: February 14, 2018, 10:28 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Equinox beach tips - Gary Drayton
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:31 »
The Equinox is sounding good with excellent small gold chain detecting ability.
I am unlikely to rush out and purchase one because I already have two detectors that are real good on gold chain in wet beach sand.
 The discrimination is still the same as any other half decent beach machine in that it still gives an iron tone and reads and displays  iron for small gold items.
I reckon when somebody comes up with a machine that can separate small gold from iron that they will make bazillions of dollero's 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline householddog

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Vic Melbourne
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 1
    First Post
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 16:33 »
The discrimination is still the same as any other half decent beach machine in that it still gives an iron tone and reads and displays  iron for small gold items.
I reckon when somebody comes up with a machine that can separate small gold from iron that they will make bazillions of dollero's
Actually you can discriminate between ferrous and non ferrous targets with the same ID.
If you switch to 5khz, from multi, the ferrous target's id will jump up.
I tested this out on the beach and I no longer dig beer caps.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Equinox

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

70%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 815

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 21:27 »
Actually you can discriminate between ferrous and non ferrous targets with the same ID.

You better test that on gold rings mate if you haven't already. I would dig every single signal when looking for gold rings with my Garrett. I was quite surprised that some very horrible signals turned into gold rings on more than one occasion.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total (trial run) 2 man operation: over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.
2018 gold total for our 2 man operation: 562 nuggets, 20 species 152 grams

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 21:55 »
All VLF TID detectors ever built will signal on beer caps and a lot of wire and bits of rusty trash with a response that can bang around between max negative to max positive and also give a good solid hit that sounds all the world like a big gold ring.
if all you get is a wildly varying signal then it is likely to be ferrous. But That is all you can say because it is not a certainty.
The day that I obtain  hand held hobby type metal detector  that can 100% ID between small gold and ferrous rubbish, will be the day I can stop digging all targets.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

xx
Equinox

Started by Nuke em on Equinox

24 Replies
Last post December 18, 2017, 20:35
by Nuke em
smiley
First run with the Equinox

Started by GemQ on Equinox

21 Replies
Last post February 22, 2018, 17:12