collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Great Idea for dealers!!!  (Read 5627 times)

Offline garrettguy

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Kempsey nsw
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Great Idea for dealers!!!
« on: April 06, 2012, 20:28 »
Im sick of hearing people buy equipment and detectors overseas.
Why couldnt we have a section where a forum member could put a New wanted listing.
This is for new equpment only and only businesses can respond with offers.
Then all dealers could PM that member with their best price on that item
1: It saves time for the buyer as they dont have to "Hunt" for the best deal
2: Aussie businesses get an opportunity to put forward their best price, hopefully get a sale
and keep our economy going.
Most of the time dealers can do special pricing but are not always given the opportunity.
And buyers first stop is ebay.
Why not have a submit you best price page?
Other businesses dont need to know the others businesses prices.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=10414.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett at pro international, Fisher CZ 21,little eagle shovel
  • Oldest find: 1917 penny
Money found
Total to date $67.00
Only $999933 to go

Online Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: Great Idea for dealers!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 14:24 »
The sellers would have to be trauling the internet to find your post and then would have to be members to use the pm service. Also new members cannot pm anyone untill they have a few posts up.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

tonyw

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 16:14 »
People are buying detectors and equipment from overseas because they save $100's in my case $240 shipped

You do the maths?

When the Aussie if trading back at 45c in the yankee then you will see the Aussie trader make up his cash, oh but wiat he has to import at 45c in the kanga.

When the Aussie dealers can match the U.S $ pro rata for what its trading at, then lets bring it on, but when the AUssie trader can only trade at +50% compared to the yankee when we are a $1.07 deal hes going to flounder every time, simple economics.

I trade and deal in guitars i know the market very well, i know when to sell, i know when to buy, but my prices remain relevant to the kangas trading value.

Offline garrettguy

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 16:49 »
I reckon though any smart business person takes there products to the people.
the "Build it and they will come" approach to their shops is pre 2009 GFC
If you want to sell your products you need to be in these type of forums
as detectorists stick together and if they can get a fair price they will more than likely buy it.
Theres no overheads for sellers, no advertising fees and people know what they want. They just have to provide a price
and maybe sell a product to someone who would have just got it from america anyway. Its not always price. I know some people in business say
"Thats the RRP thats the price" No discounts no Extras. Fair enough thats thier call, Hard to sell to a smarter buyer like that.
Sellers have to remember, that its easy for a buyer to type in "EBAY". Why not try and be the first point of call
 Im sure the american dealers are part of forums as thats were the market is.
Anyway just my 2 cents. (Which I found with My Garrett AT Pro International)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett at pro international, Fisher CZ 21,little eagle shovel

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 19:58 »
Tonyw in response to your 45c comment. As I import and buy from distributors, as the case is we are in a winning position with our dollar riding high. However that has & will not always be the case. So when the day comes that our dollar drops we have to wear it until it comes good again, as was the case last November.
Garrettguy, I think you have a great idea & there are more then myself on here that sell detectors. I know this as those other dealers often comment on my posts. So maybe it would be a good idea.
Rwork, many of the new guys search & search for the best prices & the way this forum ranks on google it wouldn't take much to find. I think it would be worth taking it up with the other mods as it might even encourage more members to join.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin
It's all about having fun.
www.aussiedetectors.com

tonyw

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 07:35 »
Tonyw in response to your 45c comment. As I import and buy from distributors, as the case is we are in a winning position with our dollar riding high. However that has & will not always be the case. So when the day comes that our dollar drops we have to wear it until it comes good again, as was the case last November.

Thats what i was saying your imports costs at 45C in the $ is much higher than when we area above parity, so a product shouel cost more, what i dont understand is that the price remains the same wether the $ is up or down.

I adjust my products accordingly not many others seem to. Its the old case of do i turn over plenty and make little bits of profit at a time or do i turn over 1 and make it in one hit.

People will be less inclined to import from the U.S.A when our $$ isnt so bouyant.

Offline garrettguy

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 08:40 »
This was just an idea to help aussie sellers.
Gives them the opportunity to Quote their best price first up.
Not everyone has a dealer close so it helps buyers around australia, cause If i didnt find the forum
find out bout the at pro int and talk to willy46, i would have bought off america. Even though I got better price and service here.
Good for local economy and saves the buyer heaps of time, which is why they check american sites as price is current and readily available.
May help smaller dealers reach a target audience. If they want to sell "take it to the people"

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

20%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51

• Total Badges: 33
    Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 17:50 »
Howdy,
 Maybe we should allow new members to put any equipment they want to purchase in their intro. Either that or allow one post in a wanted to buy. Just my 5 cents worth, which I got out of my pocket coz my brand new 2nd hand detector hasnt arrived yet :).
Roger.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline Aussie Detecting

• Platinum
  • www.aussiedetectors.com

0%
    • I live in: Bendigo Vic
    • Aussie Detecting & Prospecting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3

• Total Badges: 25
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 19:20 »
Thats what i was saying your imports costs at 45C in the $ is much higher than when we area above parity, so a product shouel cost more, what i dont understand is that the price remains the same wether the $ is up or down.

I adjust my products accordingly not many others seem to. Its the old case of do i turn over plenty and make little bits of profit at a time or do i turn over 1 and make it in one hit.

People will be less inclined to import from the U.S.A when our $$ isnt so bouyant.

That's the thing Tony. At the moment we are ooking good while our $ is high, however when it drops we still need our suppliers and will continue to source our products from them. Therefore when it drops we will wear it & NOT pass on a price increase.
The same thing could be said for buying from America, you save now while the $ is high. But how many will buy fom America when the $ drops?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Too many.
  • Oldest find: Roman coin

Offline Toysandthings

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Wollongong, NSW
    • Toys and Things
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 15
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:51 »
Interesting idea, did it get started?

Other problem in Aus its more costly running a business then overseas.  But we do try to
get close to overseas pricing absorbing costs where possible.

• Detector(s) owned/used: C-Scope CS4pi, Mini Pulse, BH Tracker IV, Pioneer 505, Garrett Infinium, Fisher Goldbug DP
  • Oldest find: Horshoe for who knows when.
www.Toys-Things.com.au ,Its all fun, radio control toys , Telescopes and Metal Detectors. Never grow up too much.

Offline OZDigger

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Nundle NSW
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 10
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 20:50 »
An interesting suggestion, which  I am sure would be viable and I expect that many sellers are already members and others would join and make sufficient post and do what ever is required to meet forum rules if they felt system was a viable.

As someone with a background in retail, (not metal detectors), I can see both advantages and disadvantages.

The advantage for the  purchaser is low price and ease of shopping.

The advantage for the seller is opportunity to offer price.

In other industries it has been found that the sellers able to win sales on a price is everything approach are those that do not intend to / do not have the ability to, provide after sales service, or warranty support. Additionally these sellers may not obtain their stock through authorised importers who may refuse to service or provide support for these grey market items.

Being a retailer in Australia these days is not much fun. While GST is often pointed to as a great problem it is in fact only a small element in the minefield of bureaucratic costs and hurdles.

For the purchaser the question is; Is this price low enough to justify to loss of the opportunity to establish a long term relationship with a knowledgeable retailer who can provide support and advice when required?

For the seller the question is; If I can only sell this product by offering it at such a low margin, should I be selling this product or be in this industry at all.

The wider consequences of a price is everything approach are however
  • Detector(s) owned/used: none
  • Oldest find: none

thumbup
Great prices and service on new radiators

Started by pete_n_rie on Business Reviews

0 Replies
Last post January 02, 2015, 12:58
by pete_n_rie

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam