collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Bounty Hunter Tracker IV  (Read 6435 times)

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast QLD.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 26
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
« on: April 25, 2012, 17:47 »
Along with SWEEPER"S Sovereign he also gave me his Tracker IV. I tried it today and, was pleasantly surprised.
I hit an area i alwas go to with the Vaquero. I was using tones with disc at 12 oclock. Results were 7 coins and, the trash was all what we all dig. (old pulltabs, little pieces of aluminium) I stayed pretty busy with the BH. I looked up the Frequency and it's 6.6. Would this make it hit hard on our coins? All finds were shallow(as to be expected)
I tried posting Phot's earlier but, they seem to be lost in HYPER SPACE
I will try again. BTW this Detector is feather light and you can really run with it!

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=11043.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Silver Umax & Vibra Quatic 2 Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1921 6pence
WANDERING IN A FOG BUT WITH A GLIMPSE OF A GOLD COIN

Offline SWEEPER

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast Qld
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64

• Total Badges: 23
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 18:26 »
Glad you are enjoying yourself, at least my gear is getting used, which is better than it sitting in the shed because I have little detecting time at the moment.
The Tracker  suffers from being too light and too cheap for a lot of people to take seriously I think. ~But as a park or playground weapon its great to keep in the car for those quick little hunts.
It makes me wonder how good the more expensive Bounty Hunters are? maybe worth more research.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Sovereign Elite with Coiltek 12x8 coil,Minelab CTX 3030 & Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
  • Oldest find: 1880's Keg Tap

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 22:39 »
Along with SWEEPER"S Sovereign he also gave me his Tracker IV. I tried it today and, was pleasantly surprised.
I hit an area i alwas go to with the Vaquero. I was using tones with disc at 12 oclock. Results were 7 coins and, the trash was all what we all dig. (old pulltabs, little pieces of aluminium) I stayed pretty busy with the BH. I looked up the Frequency and it's 6.6. Would this make it hit hard on our coins? All finds were shallow(as to be expected)
I tried posting Phot's earlier but, they seem to be lost in HYPER SPACE
I will try again. BTW this Detector is feather light and you can really run with it!
:D  beats me T. is the t4 better than the discovery 3300? man, they seem to do the job, big time. very embarrising  for dearer brands. :P  dunno.  ::)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

Offline tailofdog

• Gold
  • SALT + SAND

0%
    • I live in: Gold Coast QLD.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 26
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:38 »
I just looked up the reviews on the Bounty Hunters and, the IV is the only one with a 5 star review.
Automatic ground balance and tones on this little cheapie. The tones don't work well but, considering the price and,
how quickly you cancover ground i have a new respect for this unit.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Silver Umax & Vibra Quatic 2 Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1921 6pence

Offline turonhippy

• Bronze
  • Hi all, love finding relics and gold

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 08:02 »
I have nothing but praise for the humble tracer 4, heres some of my finds with mine

cheers  steve  ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: tracker iv
  • Oldest find: 1800

Offline Chooksta

• Gold
  • Keep the coil on the soil

0%
    • I live in: Victoria, Doreen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 24
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 10:37 »
Is that two holloway's tokens I spot in your collection hippy?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab safari , GPZ 7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 George III cartwheel penny

Offline Smurf

• A Find is a Find
  • Platinum
  • SMURF and his AT PRO

0%
    • I live in: Woodgate Queensland
    • Facebook
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

• Total Badges: 48
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:54 »
My first detector was a BHIV

And it was what got me hooked into detecting

• Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter IV (Sold), Garrett AT PRO (Current), Garrett PinPointer, Minelab ProFind
  • Oldest find: 1863 ITALIAN 50 CENTESIMI, 1884 BRITANNIA PENNY,1881 BRITISH THREEPENCE, 1911 AUSTRALIAN HALF PENNY
Decimal Tally     Pre Decimal Tally      Silver Tally
$344.41           3 Pd / 6s / 1d             72

Total Decs          Total Predecs
   636                       262

detectorsmurf on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/DetectorSmurf

Offline turonhippy

• Bronze
  • Hi all, love finding relics and gold

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 16:28 »
Hi Chooksta, ive got 4 holloways, three full size and a halfpenny holloway , seems the prof really got around  :)

Yep same here Smurf, havent upgraded yet, it suits me fine around here, i tend to dig everything, cause you never know

I am curious if anyone has tried the smaller coil and what there opinion is of it

cheers  hippy  ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: tracker iv
  • Oldest find: 1800

lynn27

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 19:35 »
I can't fault the bh tracker 4 ,just love mine  i like the fact that its light ,I have a problem with my right arm and the minelab that I borrowed is under the bed as it 's just toooo heavy and anyway I found less with it than I have with the tracker .most of my coins were at about 4-5 inches under but the 1862 was a fair way down and i still got a reasoable signal from the Bh ,enough to be sure it was a coin . cheers

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 25
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 21:57 »
I can't fault the bh tracker 4 ,just love mine  i like the fact that its light ,I have a problem with my right arm and the minelab that I borrowed is under the bed as it 's just toooo heavy and anyway I found less with it than I have with the tracker .most of my coins were at about 4-5 inches under but the 1862 was a fair way down and i still got a reasoable signal from the Bh ,enough to be sure it was a coin . cheers

HI LYN.  i find it amusing that the humble bh tr 4 seems to do so well, and you are a notable case in point.beep and dig seems to be the go. i never had much luck with my discovery 3300, but i am thinking all metal, dig all is the go now. i'm finding  TDI is only a guide and masking is an issue. keep doing what you do, it's working.  :D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny

Offline Bower bird

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Townsville, QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 02:13 »
Glad you are enjoying yourself, at least my gear is getting used, which is better than it sitting in the shed because I have little detecting time at the moment.
The Tracker  suffers from being too light and too cheap for a lot of people to take seriously I think. ~But as a park or playground weapon its great to keep in the car for those quick little hunts.
It makes me wonder how good the more expensive Bounty Hunters are? maybe worth more research.

Haven't got to use a Tracker IV, but I have had a Sharp Shooter II for a while now and it goes good, still getting used to what height to have it at when pressing All Metal the first couple of times and ground tracking when getting it set up.

I often don't have it at the right height when setting it up, so don't get it beeping properly, just get longer beeps with a bit of audible threshold noise instead of no threshold noise and short sharp beeps.  So I often don't get the full depth, sensitivity and pin pointing capabilities out of it.

It's not the best on wet sand though, re-doing the ground tracking fixes that a fair bit, but it could be better. It looses a fair bit of depth, sensitivity and swing speed in descrimination mode, so I just stick to All Metal and use the LCD target indicator arrows to tell what the target is.

Good target recovery time, a bit hit and miss trying to narrow down the exact location of the target in the hole, but that would mainly be to do with me not having it tuned correctly.

About 70-80% Accuracy with the target indication, like alot of detectors coin sized folded bit's of aluminium trick it and the odd bottlecap, it's pretty accurate with most other junk though, really good on accurately IDing ringpulls and foil.

I've so far liked the Goldsnoop I started out with the best, it was a great detector and handled mineralisation great with good descrimination abilities and depth but had crappy, quick to fail parts in it, so I went through a bunch of them while still under warranty including a Goldsnoop Pro and Treasure snoop before I gave up on that brand.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Began with a Goldsnoop, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Garrett A2B Groundhog. Tried a Excal, now using XS2-pro Sovereign and a XT1700
  • Oldest find: A english military button from about 1885
If it's shiny or moves I'll notice it even if it's a well camouflaged critter.

Offline SWEEPER

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 12:47 »
Bowerbird, thanks for the 2.13AM(!!!) reply(and I thought I got up early) run down on the Sharp Shooter. Sounds like a useful detector once the learning curve is completed.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Sovereign Elite with Coiltek 12x8 coil,Minelab CTX 3030 & Minelab Excalibur 2 1000

Offline Bower bird

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Townsville, QLD
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 20
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 15:05 »
Bowerbird, thanks for the 2.13AM(!!!) reply(and I thought I got up early) run down on the Sharp Shooter. Sounds like a useful detector once the learning curve is completed.

No trouble, was still up, I take a long time to wind down enough to get to sleep, especially on days I've been out and about.
I had a breakdown ages ago and have PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), these days I've got alot of area's alot better and a handle on them half-most of the time but other area's not much improvement and still easily trigger the anxiety, nerves and easy irritability into overdrive.

Metal detecting has helped me to slowly improve in a few key areas including being able to handle being out in public on my own (am too focused on the hunt for the usual nerves, self consciousness etc to hit in as bad as normal), perserverance, patience , a form of stress relief/way to blow off steam (all the digging and high focus on the hunt is good for that) and also gives me the extra exercise I need that I'm often lacking in.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 15:07 by Bower bird »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Began with a Goldsnoop, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Garrett A2B Groundhog. Tried a Excal, now using XS2-pro Sovereign and a XT1700
  • Oldest find: A english military button from about 1885

Offline SWEEPER

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 20:50 »
Bower Bird,
Great to read your thoughts and thanks for sharing
In regards to metal detecting,the physical work out is often commented on, as is the enjoyment of being in the outdoors but your comments have revealed another area.
  I was only explaining to someone yesterday, that metal detecting , especially with headphones on, tends to focus you so that that your worries or problems ( be they major or minor) get put aside for a while.
Perhaps its only  escapism but the effect or   'mind rest' is part of the addictiveness of the hobby I think. Of course finding cool stuff and valuables helps too!

Thus , with out making light of your condition, maybe Detecting is just what the doctor ordered ( for a lot of us, for a variety of reasons)

Keep swinging, enjoy yourself and mend well.

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

20%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51

• Total Badges: 33
    Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 22:19 »
I also have the Tracker IV and love it. It has handled all the conditions I have thrown it at ( figuratively that is) including the wet sand at the beach and found lots of coins relics and of course rubbish. After a while I have learned to recognise the most likely coin signals and am getting pretty accurate pinpointing with it (it is best in all metal). As to the 4 inch coil it is a ripper. Have found reasonably deep coins and such with it and for detecting around rocks and shingle it is very manouverable and is very easy to pinpoint with. Thoroughly reccommend getting one. I am very happy with it.
Roger
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:11 by Tasrog »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

xx
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV - Questions

Started by Fatchook on Bounty Hunter

18 Replies
Last post July 31, 2013, 19:42
by Ben78
xx
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV falsing

Started by simonfcw on Bounty Hunter

4 Replies
Last post September 02, 2012, 21:43
by lynn27