collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Milspec  (Read 13330 times)

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Milspec
« on: January 08, 2013, 17:54 »
Ordered for my CTX 3030 three lots of covers with sun shades one spare and one for a mate plus every other option they sell well over $320.00 worth 29 September 2012.

The partial order finally  ::) arrived today that's 102 days,15 weeks or nearly 3 and a half months ago. Missing the 3 free wm 10 wireless module covers promised me for there lateness too obviously keep me happy and quite.
I have heard every excuse why they have continuously let me down on deliver dates ranging from a death to hospitalization.
The amount of emails and wasted trips to my PO box are too numerous to mention
I'm a patent man but not including the promised goods is unfortunately the straw that broke the camels back for them and me.
There quality is great if you ever get what you order or don't mind waiting over a quarter of a year. :o ::)
Would I recommend them to anyone no.
If I had of known the continuing line of great stuff Detrackozi is producing I would most defiantly have ordered from him.
I continually hear great things about his Aussie quality made products.
I have have sent a strongly worded email to Milsec demanding I receive what was promised .Do I expect to receive those goods.?
Well lets just say I'm not holding my breath.

By the way as a consequence of there lateness and leading me falsely on every week. The screen on my CTX is very badly scratched and the top of my wireless module has torn off. Ironic and heart breaking as that's the very reason why I  ordered this protective gear from them in the first place. >:(

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=16126.0
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:06 by aussiedigger »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 395

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
Re: Milspec
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 18:43 »
Where are they, aussi?   ???

Have never heard of them!   :o

Not Nice! >:( >:(
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 19:49 »
Where are they, aussi?   ???

Have never heard of them!   :o

Not Nice! >:( >:(

Just google them Milspec metal detecting
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 20:15 »
Being a business man and self employed for over 38 years and being a bit of a softy to boot I think I know exactly what went on over in the US of A.
These vets became too successful too fast and well done for them. They have just not handled their success the right way and should of got help as soon as they realized the predicament they where in. Sooner or later you have to walk the walk a bit of good PR and just honesty in my opinion would have gone a long way. Even while I was receiving there emails I knew they where just telling me what they thought I wanted to hear.
Isn't hindsight a wonderfull thing :-[

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Sydney
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 19
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 20:28 »
CRAP, I did not wont to read this, as I have an order with them, it was placed on November 30, chased up once and have had a reply advsing my order is just about ready for shipping, that was about a week ago. I will give it one more week before sending a new email, I will let you know how I go. :-\ :-\ :-\

Mike

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:29 by Mike »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detectors Owened, Minelab Explorer SE Pro , Minelab Excalibur, White's Spectra V3i and White's Surf PI Dual Field. Current detector CTX3030
  • Oldest find: My Wife....:)

Offline Sweepndig

• Silver
  • One More Step!

0%
    • I live in: Brisbane (Qld)
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Milspec
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 21:24 »
Sounds like I will be giving them a miss.I was going to try their covers for my AT Pro.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 21:25 by Sweepndig »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro international,BH T4
  • Oldest find: Pastry cutter from the early 1800's
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name."
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt(1730-1809)

Offline Smurf

• A Find is a Find
  • Platinum
  • SMURF and his AT PRO

0%
    • I live in: Woodgate Queensland
    • Facebook
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7

• Total Badges: 48
    Seventh year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 17:41 »
Is this the Company made up of Retired American Army Veterans from the Gulf war??

They were on TV a few months ago

• Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter IV (Sold), Garrett AT PRO (Current), Garrett PinPointer, Minelab ProFind
  • Oldest find: 1863 ITALIAN 50 CENTESIMI, 1884 BRITANNIA PENNY,1881 BRITISH THREEPENCE, 1911 AUSTRALIAN HALF PENNY
Decimal Tally     Pre Decimal Tally      Silver Tally
$344.41           3 Pd / 6s / 1d             72

Total Decs          Total Predecs
   636                       262

detectorsmurf on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/DetectorSmurf

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 19:10 »
Is this the Company made up of Retired American Army Veterans from the Gulf war??

They were on TV a few months ago

The very same  Smurf.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 08:54 »
This is the sort of back and forth emailing that has begun yet again with them  ::) youll notice i'm quite curt with them now., Which is a shame as they both come off as nice guy's but business is business. Here we go again.

Hi

Received my delivery!
You made very happy when you appeased me with the notion of having 3 module covers at no charge but unfortuantley they weren't in the package.
Can you send them asap please as I had waited for over 3 an a half months for my original order in the first place.
Thanks

Milspec
Terry.. Hi.. I made 3 module covers for you.. I know I sent them.. they are not around here.. Does it look like customs may have messed with the package? I will double check here.. But I know I made them for you...

Terry
Mate the package was sealed up tight every thing else was there. No messing from customs they just simply weren't sent

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 09:30 »
Had to laugh saw this on my facebook Page. ::)

11/1/2013

MILSPEC

Until further notice... We are no longer accepting orders. Thank You

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 10:07 »
As of 9.10 am  13 / 1 /2013

Guess what it comes as no suprise that I have not heard back from them.
Forgot to mention reply's where very slow in coming if at all. ::)

Detrack

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 13:39 »
Hi

has anyone had dealing with Colonial Metal Detectors before I do

cheers
David

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 15:07 »
Same here I have sent two emails this week with no reply, I plan to try and call them to find out whats going on with my $200.00 order.

Mike
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detectors Owened, Minelab Explorer SE Pro , Minelab Excalibur, White's Spectra V3i and White's Surf PI Dual Field. Current detector CTX3030

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

3.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 395

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 15:46 »
Looks like they're off the air, aussie. ::)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils ,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

23.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1476

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 16:37 »
Hi

has anyone had dealing with Colonial Metal Detectors before I do

cheers
David

Bought a pro pointer and leshe from them.  no problems.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline Banjo

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45

• Total Badges: 24
    Eighth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 19:07 »
David, i just ordered some gear from Rich and found him very helpful, i will post in the thread below when it arrives
http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php/topic,5691.0.html
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Zed, SDC, GPX 5000, CTX 3030, Excalibur, Vaquero and Compadre, GP3500/2200D green machine
The earth can provide for all mans needs
but not for his greed's

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 19:52 »
By way of keeping everyone in the lops who are interested in the Milspec issue this is the email I received today:

Hi Mike.. I did get your email with the belt size.. finished up your order. Ships Monday morning. Should have it by the weeks end. Tracking number will follow as soon as I get it.
Have a good day.

Time will tell I guess. On a side note from all reports their gear is spot on, its just the wait thats the killer.

MIke

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

63.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 21:47 »
Re Colonial Metal Detectors, bought a waterproof pinpointer last year, no problems whatsoever....cheers Colin
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 15:23 »
So where now some couple of day's later 15/1/2013  2.20 pm and it comes as no suprise that I have not heard a thing from Milspec :(
Starting to see what I mean folks. >:(
Give it another day. ::)

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 11:15 »
Sent this this morning at 10.15am 16/1/2013

Still waiting for a reply and of course my 3 Module covers.

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:18 by aussiedigger »

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2013, 11:18 »
Do you folks think I should make Milspec aware that I'm now posting about them.

Or like me do you think it would be detrimental to my plight.?

Offline Glyde62

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: Tanah Merah Queensland
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 12:32 »
Best you don't upset them, otherwise you might get some of their black ops friends gunning for you

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

• Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab CTX 3030 , Minelab Pro Find ,GARRETT TR DISCRIMINATOR, Fisher F4 and Garrett Pro Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1910 Threepence 1910 Sixpence

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 17:50 »
Best you don't upset them, otherwise you might get some of their black ops friends gunning for you

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Good piont  ;)

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 22:01 »
Got this today things are looking up   :)

MILSPEC
Hi Terry.. Ive been sick with a Bad FLU Virus going around the entire Country. I have help coming on Friday to mail out items, I couldn't find them anywhere here, so I must have put them in someone shipment. Haven't heard back from anyone about extra items in their box.
I will contact you back here when they post

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 866

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2013, 22:38 »
Does he mean that he will contact you back when they post ( the items back to him ?)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything