collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Milspec  (Read 12641 times)

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    86.67%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1351

• Total Badges: 30
    Badges: (View All)
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: Milspec
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 07:22 »
Hey AD,

Sounds like a legit excuse to me  ;).   Hope you get your items soon.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 14:41 »
Hey AD,

Sounds like a legit excuse to me  ;).   Hope you get your items soon.

Yeah mate agreed  :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Sydney
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 19
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55 »
My last email from them:

Good evening..  I did ship your order Monday afternoon.
I'm sorry I didn't get to email you the tracking. I caught a severe case of the flu... its spreading across the US and I dodged the bullet for a while. I'm in the Veterans Hospital 3 days a week so I guess it was just a matter of time till someone there got me sick..  lol

The shipping number they gave we was a customs number which I cant track, I sent them a email 3 days ago asking for the shipping number no reply as yet. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Mike

• Detector(s) owned/used: Detectors Owened, Minelab Explorer SE Pro , Minelab Excalibur, White's Spectra V3i and White's Surf PI Dual Field. Current detector CTX3030
  • Oldest find: My Wife....:)

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00 »
My last email from them:

Good evening..  I did ship your order Monday afternoon.
I'm sorry I didn't get to email you the tracking. I caught a severe case of the flu... its spreading across the US and I dodged the bullet for a while. I'm in the Veterans Hospital 3 days a week so I guess it was just a matter of time till someone there got me sick..  lol

The shipping number they gave we was a customs number which I cant track, I sent them a email 3 days ago asking for the shipping number no reply as yet. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Mike

That's pretty much what they did to me but it meant I was closer to finally receiving my gear.

Good luck           *These guy's are worse than Day's of our lives.* ::)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

86.67%
  • Liked:

5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 07:40 »
Really dont like the bit about being in the VA hospital.  There was no need to place that part in there. Not saying these guys but some play the vet card to people not in the know to gain favor.(in my humble opinion)   Hope you get the stuff soon.  Send this guys some feedback once you get your shipment so they can improve their service overseas.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 10:30 »
Really dont like the bit about being in the VA hospital.  There was no need to place that part in there. Not saying these guys but some play the vet card to people not in the know to gain favor.(in my humble opinion)   Hope you get the stuff soon.  Send this guys some feedback once you get your shipment so they can improve their service overseas.

Don't be too harsh mate I know you guy's have your pride  (deservedly so )
I seem to remember one of the guy's has injured hands and fingers from a tour Afghanistan way.
Not a good thing when you require your hands for tailoring work.
I take my hat off to any vet Always.

Bye the way as usual I've heard absolutely nothing these last couple of day's not suprising. ::) ;)

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

86.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 17:36 »
Yeah fair enough, give them the benefit of doubt

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

16.67%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 952

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 22:48 »
I hope they get there business going they have paid a heavy price for freedom already and it may just be teething troubles
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2013, 08:12 »
Yes, I agree with a all comments re them being Vets, I have even exchanged a few emails with these guys about myself and them being in the same unit whilst I was on exchange in the US for a few months, and they seem like really nice guys,   however I have still not heard back from them since my last email around a week ago, and still no news on my order that was placed in November. I will sit tight and then once the order does come in I will send them a detailed email of thanks along with a few constructive points about service delivery.

I think this will be my last post on this subject until my gear arrives, at which time I will post a few photos.....thanks

Just got this relpy back:
Hi Mike...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.. Im still sick with the Flu...
Here is the new number or tracking...

it can be found on the USPS tracking site.
I received notification in the mail on the 19th that your package and another international order was being held in Milwaukee due to wrong customs forms that were attached to the boxes. I went there on the 21st to pick them up, and filled out the correct forms and shipped out again on the 23rd.
According to the tracking, they have left the States, and are en route to Australia.
Let me know when you get the box...
Sorry about the screw up...
Cheers

MIke
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:39 by Mike »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detectors Owened, Minelab Explorer SE Pro , Minelab Excalibur, White's Spectra V3i and White's Surf PI Dual Field. Current detector CTX3030

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 22:33 »
Still waiting have heard narda. ::)

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 16:35 »
My order came in today and was to the expected high quality in workmanship, however the order was missing my CTX3030 Module Cover :'( :'(. I have sent them an email, and will sit back and hope they get back to me. There is no denying their gear is top shelf, but they give you grey hair when dealing with them.

I will post photos over the weekend, along with the gold ring I plan to find ;D, on my first hunt for a few weeks.

Mike
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 13:57 by Mike »

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 19:20 »
And still waiting >:(

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2013, 04:47 »
My order came in today and was to the expected high quality in workmanship, however the order was missing my CTX3030 Module Cover :'( :'(. I have sent them an email, and will sit back and hope they get back to me. There is no denying their gear is top shelf, but they give you grey hair when dealing with them.

I will post photos over the weekend, along with the gold ring I plan to find ;D, on my first hunt for a few weeks.

Mike

Seems to be a astonishing coincidence that both of us did not receive our module covers. ::)

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 06:35 »
Sent a Email basically asking why I have heard nothing from them since  17/1/2013 ::)

This is what it has been like week after week month after month dealing with them.
it's like extracting teeth and it still continues. >:(

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 14:08 »
Not more than 45 minutes after sending my email I got this email back.
Wonders will never cease to amaze me especially with these guy's :)
Lets see if it promply comes  though although I must say I'm not conferdent. ::)

Milspec

I made up new module covers for you and your mates. I will ship out tomorrow morning. I will e mail you with the tracking number.

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 17:28 »
Seems to be a astonishing coincidence that both of us did not receive our module covers. ::)

Yes I was thinking the same, but I don't know why this would be the case, as if you can make one part you should be able to make a module cover, I have their phone number and was  going to call but I will hold off for until the weekend, if no reply to my email by this Saturday I will call, and post an update.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2013, 18:27 »
Had this Pm sent to me from Mike who like me has also been waiting on his module cover

Mate

Just a heads up I have given up on Milspec, I sent them an email re my Module cover and 5-6 days after I get an email, stating they were just following up to make sure I received my order, I then resent them my most recent email advsing of the missing cover, that was 3 days ago and no reply, as such I am cutting my losses and moving on.....had a gut full of the whole thing.

Mike

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mike sorry to hear that but I'm not going to give up.

Please if you don't mind post your annoyance in the business section. At least where stopping others enduring what we are going through.

Or let me copy and paste what you sent me.

AD
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:54 by aussiedigger »

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 18:35 »

Milspec 4/2/2013

I made up new module covers for you and your mates. I will ship out tomorrow morning. I will e mail you with the tracking number

Just sent this to Milspec because again as I figured iv'e heard nothing

Milspec
Hi mate can I get that tracking number please.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2013, 17:15 »
11/2/2013

Milspec

the tracking no is LC953280015 US
************************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************
LC953280015 US

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Doesnt work Mate
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:50 by aussiedigger »

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2013, 17:20 »
MILSPEC
I received another notification from the post service that the wrong customs forms were filled out with your package, yet no one there at the counter ever told me it was the wrong one. The Post service changed forms again.
Here is the NEW NUMBER...
LC927234825US
You can find this one the USPS Tracking info site

I DONT THINK I REALLY BELIEVE IT I KEEP PINCHING MYSELF BUT SEEMS THERE ON THERE WAY  :o

Only took ahh!!!!!   I'm not even going to do the numbers fingers crossed. :P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:48 by aussiedigger »

Offline Sweepndig

• Silver
  • One More Step!

0%
    • I live in: Brisbane (Qld)
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 21:17 »
Well bit the bullet and put an order in with them,their responses to my emails were very quick,told me not to use their website ordering form as this has been causing problems for them so emailed order to them.Will wait and see what happens.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro international,BH T4
  • Oldest find: Pastry cutter from the early 1800's
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name."
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt(1730-1809)

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 21:22 »
MILSPEC
I received another notification from the post service that the wrong customs forms were filled out with your package, yet no one there at the counter ever told me it was the wrong one. The Post service changed forms again.
Here is the NEW NUMBER...
LC927234825US
You can find this one the USPS Tracking info site

I DONT THINK  REALLT BELIEVE IT BUT SEEMS THERE ON THERE WAY  :o

Only took ahh!!!!!  I'm not even going to do the numbers fingers crossed. :P

This is what they sent me two weeks before my order arrived, and after one or two emails:

I received notification in the mail on the 19th that your package and another international order was being held in Milwaukee due to wrong customs forms that were attached to the boxes. I went there on the 21st to pick them up, and filled out the correct forms and shipped out again on the 23rd.
According to the tracking, they have left the States, and are en route to Australia.

Mike

Offline Sweepndig

• Silver
  • One More Step!

0%
    • I live in: Brisbane (Qld)
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 21:55 »
Most of my correspondence was with the bloke who does all the manufacturing of the covers,however on the second email it was from the other bloke who said they were trying to build up their stocks and to contact again in 30 days,then got an email from the first bloke to say he would fill my order straight away,be interesting to see how it goes
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro international,BH T4
  • Oldest find: Pastry cutter from the early 1800's

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 07:46 »
Well bit the bullet and put an order in with them,their responses to my emails were very quick,told me not to use their website ordering form as this has been causing problems for them so emailed order to them.Will wait and see what happens.

Good for you ;)
Hope you do better than Mike and I. ;)

Offline Mike

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2013, 16:59 »

Good luck :o

Mike

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam