collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Protectors for ctx3030  (Read 4052 times)

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Protectors for ctx3030
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:28 »
Well I've noticed alot of posts on covers, and I am aware that one of our members makes great covers, I decided I liked the look of one company's covers and thought it would be perfect . Protectors UK .
Although an eBay purchase I was extremely happy with the customer service, the price wasn't too bad considering coming from the UK ( around $80) and it was fully covering an expensive machine , as we all can't afford to replace constantly . So after about a week of waiting for it arrived it arrived today and I'm very happy, although it would be better to support and Aussie company, sometimes u gotta search for what u need , have tried it out and the glare also is quite good , but it is overcast today . But here's a few pics of how it looks etc, and comments and querys are welcome . And no this isn't a plug for the company just showing what's available out there .

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=16190.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Protectors for ctx3030
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 17:14 »
Shame there's no visor pretty color.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

76.67%
    • I live in: Fraser Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 370

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 18:42 »
Mine arrived today, too.

Went to the beach this arvo, & the control box cover is great. No problem viewing the screen at all.

The rest seems to fit ok, but there seems to be a "double up"  of cover in front of the control box on the shaft, but maybe I've fitted it

wrongly. ::) (I'll have a good look at it later).

All in all, very good. :)

I ordered black but had to take camo, but now I don't mind it at all. ;)

Good, Quick Service. 8)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Sweepndig

• Silver
  • One More Step!

0%
    • I live in: Brisbane (Qld)
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 25
    Fifth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 21:28 »
Is it made of good material John,am about to buy a  ctx 3030  and it looks like a good cover.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030,Garrett AT Pro international,BH T4
  • Oldest find: Pastry cutter from the early 1800's
One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name."
Thomas Osbert Mordaunt(1730-1809)

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Protectors for ctx3030
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 22:28 »
It's pretty good material mate, although not as strong as the mil spec ones I presume , AD I brought this one as it doesn't have the visor , I don't care about a bit of glare, it was about service and covering the battery cover, I also have my old cover under it so screen has double the protection and this lessons the glare , I think the visor is ugly looking but that's personal preference!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Protectors for ctx3030
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 22:30 »
Glad you like it CP , mine has no double up maybe u have it a bit wrong although is very tight .

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

76.67%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 18:06 »
Took mine for a workout today.

It's OK, but I'm not entirely happy with the piece around the hand grip.

Where the velcro closes up is on the left of the grip......I am left handed, so the palm of my hand sits right on the join, & is quite

uncomfortable. I'll have to remove that part &  use something else. :(

As for the rest of the cover...no problems. ;)

• Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02 »
Took mine for a workout today.

It's OK, but I'm not entirely happy with the piece around the hand grip.

Where the velcro closes up is on the left of the grip......I am left handed, so the palm of my hand sits right on the join, & is quite

uncomfortable. I'll have to remove that part &  use something else. :(

As for the rest of the cover...no problems. ;)

Photo's please CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Protectors for ctx3030
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 13:45 »
Well I used it today for first outing, and it went well , I always use gloves , and there is good reasons to wear them . I didn't notice the joins at all, and found it more comfortable

There's a pic of the join AD.

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

76.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 16:01 »
Can't, aussie.........ripped it off. Thought I might wrap a hanky around it for protection,instead. ;)

Forgot to mention, it also made the pinpoint button difficult to access for me. :-[

Why don't Minelab put in a toggle switch like Whites! ::).................much easier! :(

Offline Stealth914

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: NSW nth east
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 37

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 21:45 »
Great company to deal with i too got one but mine is the black wetsuit material very soft n comfy also has the screen visor which attaches with Velcro so you can take it off if you don't like it.
Thanks for this cover post J24g good find.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Now the precious 3030 woohoo,Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab pin pointer 25, Nel Hunter
  • Oldest find: 1846 Four Pence yehaw
Dirt Fishing gotta love it

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam