collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Just Ordered the MXT Pro  (Read 4094 times)

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Melton Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Just Ordered the MXT Pro
« on: June 28, 2013, 21:36 »
Well I bit the Bullet, with my money coming early, I have ordered the MXT Pro with 2 extra coils, the 4"x6" Shooter, and the 6"x10" Eclipse.  Was looking at the 10" D2 but that would have broke the bank. 

Will be part nugget hunting, coin/relic and a little bit of beach detecting as well, should keep me busy for a while and keep me out of the house.

got some trips organised for the next couple of weeks, Wombat Forest, and maybe the Whipstick, and looks like Maldon will be on the cards as well.

It's been a year since I've been without a detector, I'm getting a bit better and starting to move around bit more now.

Any other MXT users out there would be glad to hear your input.

Thanks
Larry & Sandy

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=19450.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites MXT Pro, BullsEye Pointer, Garrett Pro pointer, 4x6 Shooter, 6x10 Eclipse, D2 10" DD ,12" Spider

Offline MGakowski

• Bronze
  • A man can dream...

0%
    • I live in: Weipa, Queensland
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Just Ordered the MXT Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 21:43 »
I'm sure it'll make you happy. After the first day I had mine and gave it a spin I thought to myself, "Yeah, it was worth it". Enjoy. ;)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garret AT Gold, Metal Detector with LCD Display, Old second hand one
  • Oldest find: 1912 Penny
Penny for your thoughts.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 737

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 22:01 »
Good to see you will be out and about again. Might see you at another Bpc outing. I see the Facebook connection with my Daughter. Small world.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline sirfindalot

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 48

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Roo Penny Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 22:50 »
Tigerkraw

you will love the MXt Pro  I have had mine for about 16 months The first outing I picked up a White Gold Diamond ring (12 Diamonds) and now up to $1125.00 in Spendables
Its a fantastic machine have not had the chance to hit the gold fields but I am sure it will perform well

Cheers

• Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030 - Whites MXt pro - Excalibur 11 - Pro Find - garret Pro pointer
  • Oldest find: German coin - 1796
-------------------------------------------------------
" I intend to live forever.    So far, so good. "

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 00:01 »
Thanks Everyone for the replies, thanks Rwork, we would like to rejoin BPC, I think our Miners Rights runs out this year as well, need to get that fixed.

looks like we will be moving back to Bendigo in about 12-18 months to look after Sandy's Mom & Dad, it will be good to get back into the Triangle.

What sparked our interest was some relatives from England come down for a month and we went to Sovereign Hill, spent about 3 hours there panning for tiny specs, we had a great time, we also hired a X-Terra 705 for half a day and pottered around the Whipstick, no gold but a nice old padlock and a fancy handle possibly off a dresser door.

After the relatives went back to England, I promised them next time we will have a metal Detector, so the last few months has been intensive Youtube videos, multiple forums and plenty of reading, ending up with about 6 possible Detectors to choose from.  Ended up with the Whites, as it looks like it won't break in a hurry, by most reviews it's a reasonable multi-use machine and maybe hold some resale value further down the track.

any I talked long enough, thanks for the kind words and support.
Waiting for the delivery van next week :)

Larry & Sandy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites MXT Pro, BullsEye Pointer, Garrett Pro pointer, 4x6 Shooter, 6x10 Eclipse, D2 10" DD ,12" Spider

LazyTrommel

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 01:42 »
Great detector, You'll love it...

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 19:08 »
Just found out from my Family that they have ordered an extra coil, as a early Christmas gift, As I was Umming and Arring on the D2 10" coil before ordering the MXT Pro.

I hope the saying "You can never have too many coils" is true, otherwise I've gone overboard on coils :)

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

20%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51

• Total Badges: 33
    Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 19:20 »
My pro came with 2. Seriously thinking about the sniper coil for it. So my answer to your question can you have to many coils......nope ":D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline Raoul

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 24
    Seventh year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 01:12 »
Good choice! i have the same as you upgraded the MXT and bought the pro not much differance in the 2, if i had known what i know now i would have stuck with the MXT. You will find the 4x6 a great little coil with excellant depth i have dug coins at 8 inches plus in some areas,the 6x10 is also great beats the standard coil that comes with the detector.
 i find relic mode the best for my hunting. 
All the best, i know you will love thw MXT PRO..    ;)   Raoul
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites..6000D,PI 1000,Surfmaster PI,MXT,MXT Pro .V3i Deus Garrett..Groundhog,Scorpion gold stinger Infinium LS..Fisher..1265X. Minelab..Sovereign,FT1600,SD2200D,Excalibur 1000.Explorer,Etrac

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 00:40 »
Thanks Raoul

My detector arrived today, still waiting on second parcel which is the D2 coil and book.

Meanwhile the other two coils and and the bonus bullseye pointer arrived with the main package.

Did a hour at Melton Reservoir, very trashy site, used the 4"x6" Shooter, no luck just some molten metal that rang high on the VDI screen.

More luck at home, My wife Sandy dug up a Two cent piece about six inches down, using the Eclipse 6"x10"

Very happy with the build and operation, will need a lot of practice to master it.

Off to the Wombat forest on the weekend, hopefully a small nugget, or most likely some interesting trash. :)

Thanks for your support
Larry & Sandy :)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 06:40 »
Good to see your new rig works well.How did the bullseye pointer work. I guess you tried around the clothes line. I don't think i have your email address any more to send a newsletter.

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 12:36 »
Thanks Rwork,  We tried near the clothes line but mostly concrete underneath, its a small side fence mounted type.

The house is roughly 7 years old, small back yard, I thinking the coin was there before the house was built and maybe dropped before it went out of circulation.
EDIT*  The Bullseye Pointer while it was a nice free gift, I still prefer the Garrett, the sensitivity control was good on the Bullseye, but still prefer the all round solid build of the Garrett.

the rest of my order arrived today the D2 10" DD coil and the MXT Edge by jeff Foster, will read up on it before we head out to the Wombat Forest on the weekend.

Latest photo

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 18:44 by Rwork »

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 18:48 »
Newsletter sent and email removed.

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 18:56 »
Thanks Ray, Newsletter arrived safely, looking forward on catching up on the news. :)

Offline sirfindalot

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 48

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Rams Head Shilling Sixpence Roo Penny Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 20:00 »
You will love the MXT Pro .... Happy hunting
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX3030 - Whites MXt pro - Excalibur 11 - Pro Find - garret Pro pointer
  • Oldest find: German coin - 1796

Offline TigerKraw

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 19:15 »
Went out to Wombat Forest Today, following a creekline, found plenty of Tent pegs, drink cans and foil, Sandy found a 50 cent piece about four inches down, and Ray our son-in-law dug up this Sporting Knife, pictured below.  It was about 6-8 inches down, broken, missing the steel rod that runs through the wooden handle. We cleaned it up and put it together as best as we can, but it looks like it's destined for our trophy finds box.

We had a good day today 3 families and about 8 kids, plenty of little helpers.  We forgot the gold pans, it would have been a good spot to try our luck.  Looking forward to the next outing.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 20:22 »
Somebody a bit handy could make the rod and repair it. Hope you get some coins next time.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam