collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Just fin using my bounty hunter track 4 any tips  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Goldwar

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114

• Total Badges: 19
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Just fin using my bounty hunter track 4 any tips
« on: April 12, 2014, 16:55 »
Just got back in from metal detecting my oval for about 2 hrs all I found was crap its always fun to find crap I noticed that in all metal mode I get lots of signals but when I switch to discrimination mode the discrim even knocks out coins what should I be hunting in.so far all metal mode is the best with sensitivity at max I'm still yet to find a coin with my bounty hunter but maybe its because my at pro ate them all up.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=23507.0
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 16:58 by Goldwar »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty hunter tracker 4
  • Oldest find: Australian Penny 1941

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Just fin using my bounty hunter track 4 any tips
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 17:07 »
Your better off testing in the back yard with coins and common junk you'll find when out hunting .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

3.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 18:51 »
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56761 This bloke did his research and it is a good thread for info . There is another thread in the BH section somewhere that I will post when I find it.

found it.
 Smurf posted this a while ago but had trouble finding it so decided to put it in here.
http://www.whiteriverprep.com/vintage/bountyhunter/BH_TrackerGuide.pdf
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 18:53 by Tasrog »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

6.67%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:10 »
Just got back in from metal detecting my oval for about 2 hrs all I found was crap its always fun to find crap I noticed that in all metal mode I get lots of signals but when I switch to discrimination mode the discrim even knocks out coins what should I be hunting in.so far all metal mode is the best with sensitivity at max I'm still yet to find a coin with my bounty hunter but maybe its because my at pro ate them all up.

Set the disc to just below 5 cents and you should find all coins. plus a lot of trash
If you set it at pulltab level then you will lose a lot of gold and other goodies.
Set the sensitivity to wherever the the detector runs stable for the ground you are detecting. If it blanks out as the coil approaches an inch or so from the ground then you will not detect much at all.
    Exp with the disc at the beach because you may be able to reduce the effects of the salt, although I have not tried that with the tracker 4. I donot know the range of the disc control.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:31 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Peter 64

• Silver

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11

• Total Badges: 18
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 17:14 »
In addition to what Adrian said, I would turn my sensitivity down a bit....start at about 50% and see if it needs to come down further....many coins and such are missed because of high sensitivity in target rich areas (not all targets being good targets).  The Tracker IV is a very good detector...my son still has his....
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, Teknetics,Whites, Garrett
  • Oldest find: 1826 halfpenny, 1662-1722 Chinese coin.

Offline accadaccasteve

• Bronze
  • Cleaning up Australia one hunt at a time...

0%
    • I live in: North Bendigo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 97

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 10:31 »
I've only been using my Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 for around 4 weeks, most of that time I've just had it in "all metal" mode with sensitivity at max. But the last week and a half have been mucking around with disc mode and find that sensitivity between half and 3 quarters depending on the ground/rubbish set where you're happy, and disc at quarter, I have found coins in my backyard I missed from being in all metal mode with sensitivity at full, and ring pulls lots and lots of ring pulls....But I hear it's good to be finding those, finding ring pulls equals finding gold rings if they're there. Steve.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX 5000, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
  • Oldest find: Gold!
"Take all junk and refill your diggings"

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

6.67%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 09:08 »
G/Day Steve.
Am wondering how you are going with the Tracker IV
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline accadaccasteve

• Bronze
  • Cleaning up Australia one hunt at a time...

0%
    • I live in: North Bendigo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 97

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 15:11 »
G/Day Steve.
Am wondering how you are going with the Tracker IV

It's been sitting in my boot mate with no batteries as I'm using my father in-laws gpx5000. It's about to get its first run in a while with my daughter as I'm taking her out with me this arvo to see if I can get her interested in detecting....
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX 5000, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
  • Oldest find: Gold!

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 21:50 »
Well be sure to take her to where there is something to be found otherwise interest will fade quickly.

Offline Coinballs

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18

• Total Badges: 12
    Third year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 22:27 »
It's been sitting in my boot mate with no batteries as I'm using my father in-laws gpx5000. It's about to get its first run in a while with my daughter as I'm taking her out with me this arvo to see if I can get her interested in detecting....

Coin and relic hunting is by far the best way to get into detecting
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XTerra 705, Wot mk2 15" 18.75, Profind25, TRX
  • Oldest find: 1866 Half Penny, Oldest Silver - 1900 English Sixpence

question
BOUNTY HUNTER VLF 2.1

Started by BOUNTYBILL on Bounty Hunter

2 Replies
Last post December 27, 2013, 19:26
by Rwork
xx
Bounty hunter iv

Started by Stewyd on Bounty Hunter

4 Replies
Last post May 25, 2012, 16:58
by Stewyd
xx
bounty hunter

Started by grandad on Bounty Hunter

0 Replies
Last post July 17, 2013, 19:03
by grandad
exclamation
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Started by tailofdog on Bounty Hunter

14 Replies
Last post July 18, 2012, 22:19
by Tasrog
xx
Bounty Hunter tri coil

Started by 6666 on Bounty Hunter

2 Replies
Last post August 05, 2011, 13:08
by Goldfever
xx
Review - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Started by happyhunter on Bounty Hunter

14 Replies
Last post January 23, 2012, 20:12
by lynn27
xx
Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300? Has anyone used?

Started by Stringybark on Bounty Hunter

29 Replies
Last post March 13, 2015, 10:39
by shirlbob.christoffel

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam