collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Surf Master PI Dual Field  (Read 3166 times)

tonyw

Surf Master PI Dual Field
« on: June 01, 2014, 14:32 »
Thinking about laying my hard earned out on one of these, i know its a PI and i know i will dig everything half way to China, but hey i do the same with my SD2200V2 so that no big deal.

Anyone have some good knowledge on these units? i have been reading until my eyes bleed and all seems good, but nothing like some 1st hand info.

It seems to have at the moment in my thoughts at least overtaken the Excal II i have been wanting, and not having a Whites detector might just be a good enough reason to buy it eh ;)

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=24096.0
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 15:16 by tonyw »

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 350

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Surf Master PI Dual Field
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 16:31 »
I have only had a few grabs at the website lateley but I do recall Drunkbrother holds this machine in high regard and I think Golden Genie has aquired one recently as a back up, both have Excals, personally I respect any opinions they offer and from memory they both were quite favorable....cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

13.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 17:13 »
Here are a few reviews that might help you decide.
http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/207-1-surfpidualfield.html
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

tonyw

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 17:52 »
I have only had a few grabs at the website lateley but I do recall Drunkbrother holds this machine in high regard and I think Golden Genie has aquired one recently as a back up, both have Excals, personally I respect any opinions they offer and from memory they both were quite favorable....cheers Colin.

Alot to do with the operater Col, any good machine in the hands of a novice is going to turn up very little, but the 2 above are well above the average as detectorists, so their input is always valuable.
Not sure but i think GG got herself a surfmaster, the predecessor to this one, i will have to double check it.

Here are a few reviews that might help you decide.
http://metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/207-1-surfpidualfield.html

Thanks Adrian for the link, that was was of the sites making my eyes bleed, i love the 1st guy, rates it a 2 but doesnt own one yet. ;D

Offline juan de mar de ajo

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Mar de ajo Argentina
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45

• Total Badges: 10
    Fourth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 10:47 »
Thinking about laying my hard earned out on one of these, i know its a PI and i know i will dig everything half way to China, but hey i do the same with my SD2200V2 so that no big deal.

Anyone have some good knowledge on these units? i have been reading until my eyes bleed and all seems good, but nothing like some 1st hand info.

It seems to have at the moment in my thoughts at least overtaken the Excal II i have been wanting, and not having a Whites detector might just be a good enough reason to buy it eh ;)

Hi Tonyw ,I have a surf master pi dual field ,this is a good detector to looking for in black sand , is quite sensible to the little pieces of gold .
This detector is very good working in salt sand ,I found  many little things like coins very deep .
The worst is dig everything because the detector is PI ,I am used to working with this detector in some lonely places because there isn´t modern rubbish.
Bye bye
  • Detector(s) owned/used: fhiser cz, whites surf pi, pinpointer garret and good luck
  • Oldest find: bullets of cannon

tonyw

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 12:17 »
thanks for the reply Juan
For now i have decided to stick with buying the Excalibur 2.
After speaking to a previous owner of the DF, he feels the conditions around where i hunt will have alot interference from the power lines, phone towers etc causing the machine to carry on.

Offline aussiedigger

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a time. When in every rightly constructed boys life. Where he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden Treasure.
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 946

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 12:35 »
thanks for the reply Juan
For now i have decided to stick with buying the Excalibur 2.
After speaking to a previous owner of the DF, he feels the conditions around where i hunt will have alot interference from the power lines, phone towers etc causing the machine to carry on.

tony

I could not sell mine quick enough. I used the funds to buy my Cibola Tesoro.

Took a huge loss as it only had a few hours on it from new but after using my Excalibur11 for several years on the beach. I just could not be bothered digging ten million holes for a bucket full of junk metal.

I agree whole heartedly agree it is deeper but it's too time consuming especially when your on a good patch and discrimination rules. ;)

ad...  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPZ 7000 / SDC 2300 CTX 3030 / Excalibur 11 with Remote Pinpoint modifications on handle and able to swap headphone capability Using Skullies and Garrett Amphibians All thanks to Joe (Oldbeechnut) /
  • Oldest find: 1817 George III Sixpence (Bulls Head) / Gold nuggets
** WELL IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE *PIRATES* YOU SEE,AND *PIRATES*ARE NOT PART OF THE LOST AND FOUND DEPT**

thumbup
PI DUAL FIELD

Started by tailofdog on Whites

3 Replies
Last post July 20, 2011, 16:29
by tailofdog
xx
Anyone having success with a Dual Field (here in Oz)?

Started by Looking Man on Whites

13 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 21:42
by ozjesteroz
xx
Picked up a Dual Field Sunday

Started by bicter on Whites

18 Replies
Last post December 21, 2017, 08:15
by Ravvin
question
WHITES PI DUAL FIELDS