collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Whites Service standard.  (Read 1893 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    76.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Whites Service standard.
« on: December 04, 2014, 09:29 »
Got letter from Whites/GoldSearch Australia yesterday...... with request to send SPP Detector back to supplier for "free" upgrade.

How  ???  can one ignore such an outstanding service offer....... SPP packed and ready for posting.

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25827.0

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

76.67%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Whites Service standard.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 13:59 »
Returned this morning from GoldSearch Australia in Victoria (Whites Importer/Dealer/Distributor) is my fully upgraded (totally new circuit board) Whites SPP detector.
10 day turnaround and a reimbursement money order to cover my send to them freight cost.
There was some rumbling/grumbling on another forum where some SPP users had experienced minor unexpected but somewhat annoying issues when using their SPP on our Oz
ground and yes the SPP was tested  by an "Aussie" before release but evidently not everywhere under all conditions.
Instead of Whites/GoldSearch Au. going on about how they respect our opinions in so many ways and exclaiming they are not a charity............ they looked and listened did some
more testing, then went into action and send a letter to all Australian SPP owners and told us an upgrade/fix was available..........if intereste send detector to dealer for required upgrade.....IT'S free.

Service extraordinaire !

ivanll

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 14:05 »
Have you had time to test it yet to see how the improvement works?      I had dealings with Tony, one of the previous owners and always found them very prompt and obliging.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

tonyw

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 15:07 »
I had dealings with Tony and the new owner, always a great place to drop in for a chat and some detector talk, i always end up walking out with something in my hand.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

76.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 15:39 »
"i always end up walking out with something in my hand." ???  .... say no more. ;D

Yes, it took minimal time to assemble, then out on the footpath straight under the power lines...........smooth as..........there will be no trouble when back in the bush or a beach.
I didn't think there was a problem to speak of in the first place, but I took the offer for the upgrade so as to be on the same level with other SPP users in case there will be talk about it's use some day in the future.............this should hopefully also avoid an overenthusiastic individual exclaiming that the first SPP and second upgraded SPP is entirely different detectors.
Had an open invitation to anyone interested in using my SPP some month back, our local supplier is a multi brand not an all brand dealer so we share a little info now and then.
Same as well before the ATX was announced we knew.

ivanll

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 15:43 »
I have been in there a few times when Tony the previous owner owned it and  got a few things and allways a pleasure to go in there , was open  on weekends , the new owners don't seem to open on the weekends which is a shame , I am sure they would do most of their best trading on weekends .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

76.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 16:21 »
Another service convenience is when one go to the Accessories Page there is another 5 choice replacement parts page opening.
Pick what you need and it'll be posted same day, still having it available for instant purchase is the most appealing.

Just like walking in to our local dealer up the road.

ivanll 

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 17:53 »
It is just up the road , from me :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

xx
Whites USA - First class service and repairs.

Started by Old Mate on Whites

5 Replies
Last post October 11, 2012, 20:15
by Count Pierre
xx
whites V3i

Started by alimo88 on Whites

6 Replies
Last post July 21, 2012, 12:53
by alimo88
xx
Whites GMT