collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Full Field test of the Fors Gold , the way I found it to in NSW  (Read 6385 times)

Offline Marty

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    30%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
After my first review almost a month ago, I was told to get used to the machine and edit the review once you get used to the machine , so I did and here it is

My findings with the Fors Gold by Nokta - take 2-

The package arrived the other day from Notka , packed and presented well in its own carry case that doubles as a Backpack as well.
Assembly was pretty much the same as most detectors out there, the shaft design was actually better than I first thought the angle and design of the handle meant that less pressure was on the users wrist when in use, having a small LCD screen at the top of the handle made for ease of target Id'ing this would also light up for night time use displaying the target ID clearly  .

Attaching the control box it would have been nice if the 2 securing bolts had at least 5mm longer this would have helped getting the threads to take a little better, with the control box mounted next came the coil the plastic mounting bolt was ext hard to get through the rubber stem washers and made for slow fitting of the coil, this plastic bolt also bends quite easily and since there was only one in the kit for all 3 coils a little care had to be taken not to break it, It would be better suited if something like the coil bolts that ML use

With the detector now assembled looking at the control box that has a design not that different to what most PI users are used to , 2 rocker switches that allow you to scroll up and down the switches them selves are not water/dust proof and fitting rubber booted switches similar to what has been used on their pin-pointer would have been much better, The on off and GB switches were also simple rocker switches of a different design , update - I have since been told that these switches have now been changed to a waterproof switch

The screen that faces the user on the left side of the control box was clearly visible to a right handed person , however any left handed user would have been at a greater disadvantage with the screen facing way from them them again update - I have been told that they are going to make units for left handed users as well , right next to the LCD screen was the battery cover much the same as you find on the back of most TV remotes, a simple design that does work but would have been nice if it was slightly stronger lid with a rubber seal and single lock screw was used.

One feature that caught my eye was the rearward facing speaker when the machine was used left or right handed the sound was directed towards the user and even in strong wind with the trees and leaves making a racket you had no problems at all hearing the sound from it, the arm cuff halves may need to be bent out of shape a little if you have larger/thicker forearms as the gap was a little small for a larger person to place there forearm into it , I used the machine without the supplied strap as the balance of the machine was good enough that you didn't need the strap at all for the 2 smaller coils, with the larger coil a little more weight at the end of the control box was almost needed as you had to place more downwards pressure on you arm to keep the balance

Using the Fors Gold with any of the 3 coils supplied with the Pro Pack was simple the design of the shaft gave you a better angle for your back posture over longer periods than what a straight shaft would have done. the handle could do with some padding but it was comfortable as it was

Ophir where a mate and I headed to 1st ( central west NSW ) some of the hottest ground was here and VFL's in general just cant cope it this dirt, turn the unit on do a GB and away you go not even with the tracking turned off, it handles the ground no worries not as much a murmur unlike my 705 or 3030,  I headed over to Surface hill where ever man and you know had been over it red hot soil and loads of trash , the with the Iron reject set at 10 FP using the mid size coil that comes std with both the Pro or basic model of the Fors Gold away we went getting used to the machines different sounds as I was in BST mode from the 3 settings available, with the sensitivity set at 50 FP to start of with found all the trash and amongst them some old paper wound shot gun shells came out these could have been gold just the same as the shell had not been dug at all at some 10cm deep, I headed up to the top of the hill where most PI's machines dont like the basalt again the Fors Gold performed nicely no falsesing  at over them at all

Another feature I wanted to try out was the vibrating handle ones selected from the menu every time a target was found a strong vibration was felt this would be great for people that have lost some or most of their hearing also very useful when working at night where you dont want to sound to travel giving away your location , headphones are included but I never used them as they just make you sweat to much in summer

One thing the Fors Gold dose not like is red hot damp ground tested in all 3 modes that the machine has to offer with high or low setting no matted how hard one tried the machine was falsesing with every swing chatter'y update - to overcome this raising the iron mask to around 35 made it more stable and now allowed you to locate targets, the handles LCD screen didnt pick up any target ID numbers at times over a iffy target but would make a sound that pulled you up to recheck the target

Down by the river where the soil was mild the Fors had no problems at all , looking for targets in the water, created a different issue as it was extremely hard to get the machine to GB , tracking on made no difference , the blending of signals eg; rusty nail would fall into the gold range numbers and one would have to more or less dig everything, a lead bulled that we had found earlier was placed into the water it gave a strong clear signal but more like a higher pitch that you get from aluminum maybe a higher than normal iron reject was used the signals might have cleared up but then you would have missed smaller gold

Not having any joy in finding some colour at Ophir, we headed to Sofala region the next day to try our luck there

Diggings everywhere great lets hit those again, the Fors Gold handled the ground with ease this time I used a more aggressive approach Iron mask at 20 and sensitivity at 80 this made the machine punch a little harder and I thought that EMI might have been a problem but there was none again no gold and I was wondering why there wasn't any amongst the trash , we kept going over the ground and found lead , buttons and some older long shell 22's bullet casings but no gold.

Well hidden away from the main roads where the 2300 had found some gold at the last trip we knew there was more to be had so we headed over to that spot , this time armed with the large coil as the ground was mild but deeper , we spent hours looking for new targets , nails= low grunt , lead= mid tone etc etc but still no colour , frustrated I swapped machines to the 2300 and bang not 5mins into it at the exact same spot where I had tried the tiny 5" coil, the 2300 got a target that the Fors didn't see , before digging it I went a grabbed the Fors that still had the small coil on it and the best the Fors could do was give a tone with no target ID, the signal was more a chopped crackle sound that just wouldn't pull you up if you walked over it. Enough , digging time and sure enough out came a 1.2 gr nugget at 7cm I was somewhat disappoint that the Fors did not give a solid response even when all modes where used with different setting there was no solid Dig here type signal ,update -I know its not a fair test using the 2300 v Fors but it was simply used to find a target to test on , Since then I have had more time to play around with the settings and I can now say there is a trick to it and had I of used that on my first outing that nugget would have come in load and clear , By using a higher Iron mask of 27 and upping the sensitivity to 87 made a big improvement on the target signal strength/sound ((my Bad))

On larger gold eg: 20gr test piece it had no problems seeing the nugget surrounded by trash using the Iron mask at 20 with nails and gold in the mix the 5" coil worked great, spotting all targets with the larger coils the was some blending of target Id's and any target that gave a smooth sound and ending in a grunt you just walk away from as we found it to be trash every time , any smooth sounding target end in a high pitch was also trash update - by running a higher mask and sens a lot of the blending issue is now all but gone and the TID numbers are a lot more accurate now as well

Update

On private land where there are large tailings surrounded by digging overgrown with grass, today the fores did find its 1st piece of gold for me although the ground was only mild I wanted to try out the newer settings mentioned above

mask at 27 , sens at 87 in BST mode to see if I could gain any further depth and this time it worked the way it should have to begin with ((user error)) ME LOL anyway with a new camera in hand here is the nugget

that was close to 10cm and about a further 2cm of air

http://vid135.photobucket.com/albums/q123/memberspictures/MOV00239_zps962tbxu3.mp4

This how I found the Fors Gold over some of the hottest ground in NSW
I hope this dosent spark a new feud with forum members , I have no affiliation with Notka just to clear this up

Hope my testing was fair and ok for you guys , so dont shoot me down in flames  ;D

Marty

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25999.0
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 22:47 by Marty »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline GemQ

• Platinum

43.33%
    • I live in: Melbourne
    • GEMQ1 Channel
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 866

• Total Badges: 46
    Seventh year Anniversary Coin of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: Full Field test of the Fors Gold , the way I found it to in NSW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 22:34 »
Marty,

Thanks for a great review mate. I'm sure others would be interested in how it goes in the future. How much lead shot did you find?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPX 4500 "The Gold Wand"
  • Oldest find: Cartwheel Penny
Enjoy the hunt, love the pre-decimals & Nuggs

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 23:20 »
Lead shot , well I didnt come across any today with the better field settings 27/87 this might be due to the area where I looked today , I normally dont find to many shot right on the diggings anyway, as they tend to be a little further way 
Today was also my last time out as we have to make the move to the new house and my next time out wont be till Feb  :( which at that point wont be much fun as the temps will be to hot for a swing out west, I might find some hot ground near me and do some 10 and 12 gauge shot testing 
Knowing now that the unit responds better to higher gain/sens and mask where I was hunting and not listening to the crackling sounds but TID's closer to 47 to 54 anytime these poped up , take 2" of the top if they remained the same things would be looking good in trashy ground. I must say it does take a little time to get used to the different sounds the machine makes 
Marty 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

10%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 965

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 09:29 »
Well all i can say is thank god for a good review, first time that there have been a few negatives about the machine and every machine has them
Thanks for the honest report 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Detrack

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 17:07 »
Marty

Well done on such a long report and a good one at that,
Could of saved all that typing and just posted some Videos on finding targets and there recovery , for all to hear and see the target coming out gives even a better honest view on how it proforms

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 17:20 »
That FT was an interesting read
Do you feel that it is good value for 1400 dollars or there abouts?
Sounded like a normal TID VLF in that it struggled in hot ground, TID numbers jumped about depending on iron minerals, Sensitivity has to be reduced to get quiet operation in hot ground.
Odd that fresh water submersion upset it. All of my VLFs perform faultlessly in fresh water including some that are pushing  30 yrs old that have excellent All metal GB mode sensitivity. If it had been salt water then that would be understandable.
I guess it will find it's nitch in the sea of metal detectors out there although I wonder if it will nudge the Gold bugs and GMTs aside in Australian ground conditions?

I wasn't so much that the numbers jumped all over the place at all , it handled the ground very well , it was only on the damp red soil where the mask had to be raised to stable it but I was only told about this after I had gotten back home from the 1st outing 

The water test I need to do some more on that in the future but I thinks its only the operator that need tweaking I think the machine is more than capable the way it is 

Not knowing what other machines sell for but comparing it to a 705 gold pack or 3030 than yes its value for money  

Marty

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 17:24 »
Yeah I know Dave , at the 1st outing I had left the bag with all the camera gear at home and didn't realize till we were 2hrs up the road , after we have moved I'll do some more videoing , the one nugget in the video was the only nugget found spose I could have taken some of the trash as well 
The GB was fast as well if I didnt mentioned that before 
Marty

Offline Willo

• Platinum
  • Adopt a glass "half full" attitude when detecting

0%
    • I live in: Canberra
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61

• Total Badges: 38
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 08:16 »
Marty - thanks very much for all your effort in putting this report together, the machine seems a bit lighter is that the case?  I agree with you it will find its niche - I think detectors are like golf clubs, some are used more often some have more specific uses, Willo 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab E-trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab 25 pinpointer, Garrett Propointer
  • Oldest find: 1700s Chinese coin
Follow Willo on youtube! See my metal detecting adventures at: http://www.youtube.com/user/1963Willo

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 19:18 »
Hi Marty,
Thanks for the response.
It sounds a bit like one of those detectors that has triggered a bit of interest but will take a while for the well known brand users to accept as being the equal of their current favorites. Understandable I guess.
Nokta has to overcome the poor reputation that it generated here in the past and the only way that will happen is when they come up with a realy good machine whether it be for gold field work or as a coin and relic detector.
Of course newbies without any knowledge of Garretts, Whites, Tesoro, Minelab, Fisher will give it a go and will not be any the wiser as to whether the detector is realy much good because they will not have anything to compare it to.
The Fors Gold actually sounds like a reasonable metal detector but is not something I would shell out 1400 dollars for on spec when I already have some pretty good detectors capable of finding whatever I want them to find. Nokta make some big claims for the Fors Gold detector such as: That it is a perfect gold detector and that it is the ultimate gold detector you will ever want to purchase.
Perfect & Ultimate.....Give me a break!.......It is the use of terms  and words like those that automatically put prospective buyers who have come to expect scams and cons, on their guard.

Hello... This is Dilek  - Sales & Marketing Manager. First of all, we did not enter the AU market nor joined any forums and marketed our products until we launched FORS which is a very suitable and compatible VLF product for AU.
Second, this detector has been tested and reviewed by so many people around the world and if you have a few minutes please read the comments of some of the most trusted names in the industry saying that this is one of the best VLF detectors they have used. Now we are not comparing this unit to PI units but yes we are claiming that it will work much better than many VLFs in the market and equally with certain models. And when comparing it to a model that handles the ground equally well, customers will make a decision based on other features, depth, ergonomics, price etc. Now regarding price - the MSRP $1400 is the price for the pro package including 3 different size coils + headphones+ rechargeable batteries + AC/Car charger  + environmental covers for the system box and handle + carrying bag/backpack +  treasure pouch + cap. The MSRP for the standard package with 1 coil + headphones + regular AA batteries is $999 so the pricing is well lined up in the market with competition. 
Now regarding our claims - if you are talking about the slogan on our package using the word ‘’ultimate’’, I recommend you to take a look at some of the web sites of other brands….here is a few words used on their web sites - ''the best'', ''the most sensitive'', ''extreme'' etc etc... so let’s be fair. If you expect Nokta to market a product like FORS, which is praised in every market it entered so far, as an average detector sorry but the product deserves more than that.
We can understand the prejudice towards the brand as it is fairly new and we respect competition. As I have stated so many times, we are not here to get into debates about competition, we are here to support customers who purchased our products (Nokta and Makro) and who will. But we will not accept unfair comments such as ‘’scam’’. Nokta is known by its customer oriented approach and superb service around the world. We are not forcing anybody to buy our products. We are marketing our products just like other manufacturers do and we are being very open and honest about it. We were asked to send test units and we did. Marty was one of the selected people – I personally have no idea who he is and he wrote and posted his review here himself.  At the end, customers will make their own decisions and we are just here to support those who are interested and to answer their questions if any. Thank you. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Treadsoftly

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 17
    Sixth year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 20:58 »
Just wondering why two Nokta dealers in Australia are selling the Nokta Fors Gold pro pack for $1600.00 if you representing Nokta Detectors states that the price is clearly $1400.00. Can you please explain why there is a $200 difference in the price.
Thank you for your reply.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A2B, Minelab Sterling, Minelab 2100, Etrac
  • Oldest find: Young Head 1838 one shilling piece

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 22:33 »
Just wondering why two Nokta dealers in Australia are selling the Nokta Fors Gold pro pack for $1600.00 if you representing Nokta Detectors states that the price is clearly $1400.00. Can you please explain why there is a $200 difference in the price.

The $1400 is the MSRP and in many countries resellers add tax (VAT) to it. Depends on the country and the laws etc.. Europe for example sells it for more versus USA because their tax rates are very high. We do not want to give you wrong information for AU and mislead you so please check with the dealer. 

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 22:34 »

I've seen them before the xmas deals for 1900 for the pro pack,  now it's 1600 , ,,, , 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 23:04 »
I'm not NOKTA  but ive never seen the Pro pack@$1900 :o

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 23:18 »
Go have a look, ,,  xmas deal 1600 ,, 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 23:21 by Stalker »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 336

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 18:26 »
Bit pricy for a mid range single frequency vlf detector , if your buying one after xmas ,, I have noticed a few  USA user's are not happy with the tid and some here in aust also,, tid needs to be tweaked  , and like Steve H said in a post it's a good detector but it's not a magic wand  , 

Offline Killer

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 21
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 18:39 »
Marty, do you get to keep your test detector. Killer
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPX4000/Xterra705/Tesoro Comparde

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 19:28 »
Just wanted to mention once again that the MSRP $1400 is the price for the pro package including 3 different size coils + headphones+ rechargeable batteries + AC/Car charger  + environmental covers for the system box and handle + carrying bag/backpack +  treasure pouch + cap. 
The MSRP for the standard package with 1 coil + headphones + regular AA batteries is $999.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2014, 19:46 »
Just wanted to mention once again that the MSRP $1400 is the price for the pro package including 3 different size coils + headphones+ rechargeable batteries + AC/Car charger  + environmental covers for the system box and handle + carrying bag/backpack +  treasure pouch + cap.
The MSRP for the standard package with 1 coil + headphones + regular AA batteries is $999.

not in western Australia ,, it's 1600 bucks from your nokta dealer here ,, are you quoting American dollars ,,  

sorry Marty for hi jacking ya thread

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 336

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 19:50 »
Just wanted to mention once again that the MSRP $1400 is the price for the pro package including 3 different size coils + headphones+ rechargeable batteries + AC/Car charger  + environmental covers for the system box and handle + carrying bag/backpack +  treasure pouch + cap.

Don't tell us, mate - tell your dealers! They're advertising the standard package for $999 OK, but asking either $1,600 (http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4702898) or $1,900 (http://www.avonvalleymetaldetecting.com.au/products-page/nokta-metal-detectors/fors-gold-pro-package/), for the Pro package.

And don't give us that line about VAT, please, because if that was the explanation, how come the Standard pack is advertised at the MSRP of $999? http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4702891
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 20:21 »
Marty, do you get to keep your test detector. Killer

Yes I do

Marty

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 20:23 »
Bit pricy for a mid range single frequency vlf detector , if your buying one after xmas ,, I have noticed a few  USA user's are not happy with the tid and some here in aust also,, tid needs to be tweaked  , and like Steve H said in a post it's a good detector but it's not a magic wand  ,

Like you said, there may be a few users who are not happy with the tid versus the many comments on the same forums such as '' Steve (Herschbach) you said it all. I just turn it on, GB, and switch to DI3 and hunt. Ridiculously easy and works wonderfully. I absolutely love the feel of the detector and care not to even look at the side display. The machine is a sound giant to me in DI3 it's all about the ears then check out the "most accurate TID" I've ever laid my eye's on when you hear the right sound.''  

It is impossible for any manufacturer to make every single person around the world happy with every aspect of a detector. But then again we are curious to know the few users you are referring to who are not happy with it... can you please send us the links to their comments so we understand the reason behind their unsatisfaction and try our best as Nokta to make them happy or at least see what can be done, if any, for the future? And yes, it is true that FORS is not a magical wand just like no other detector is. It just delivers its development purpose very well which was ''to build a very good VLF detector''. Thank you... 

Offline ANT1967

• If it sounds crappy - still dig it... !!
  • Platinum

80%
    • I live in: Victoria for now ......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2382

• Total Badges: 38
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin Of the Month Winner Find of the Month Winner The Gold Ring Nugget Under 1 Ounce Rising Sun The TON 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2014, 20:29 »
Gday All ,
        Again if anyone would like to comment on this post .
        Please refer to the topic...!!
           Anything seen as detracting from general topic commentary may be deleted
           Any questions that Marty cant answer , Please direct to the Australian distributors .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: - Owned - Sovereign GT, - Own - GPX5000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: 1857 Gothic Florin , 1858 Holloway Token , Gold Nuggets .
Anywhere , Everywhere , Nowhere & 
Somewhere are the same place  !!

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2014, 20:43 »

not in western Australia ,, it's 1600 bucks from your nokta dealer here ,, are you quoting American dollars ,,  

sorry Marty for hi jacking ya thread

Yes, our list prices on our website are in USD. 

Offline Killer

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 21
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 20:46 »
Marty, thanks for an honest answer. Killer
  • Detector(s) owned/used: GPX4000/Xterra705/Tesoro Comparde

xx
FORS Gold/Core Beach~Park~Gold Field.

Started by ivanll on Nokta

20 Replies
Last post February 03, 2018, 14:16
by ivanll
clip
FORS Gold Scores Spectacular Gold Specimen!

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2014, 20:16
by Nokta Detectors
clip
nokta fors gold does find gold

Started by californiagold on Nokta

21 Replies
Last post January 22, 2017, 13:08
by ivanll
wink
AM and a New Fors Gold+