collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Hey Nokta. Race in here..  (Read 4763 times)

Offline argyle

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Goldfields
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 5
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
Hey Nokta. Race in here..
« on: February 13, 2015, 17:51 »
Do you realise that you couldn't have chosen a worse Australian Distributor if you tried?

Nobody but those new to detecting will buy from this guy.
You should be quickly changing your mind over who distributes your detectors,,,  because we aren't buying from someone we cannot trust to...

1. Actually have the Detectors in Stock instead of lying.

2. Have the correct amount of Accessories on hand, both immediately and for future purchase.

3. Have the best interest of Nokta/Makro and their customers at heart.

4. Know how to swiftly deal with Warranty issues.

This guy and his friends do not have the slightest clue how to use metal detectors for any purpose. Let alone run a reputable Detector Dealership.

Distributorship of Nokta /Makro had better change quickly.

Sorry to have to tell you this... but sales and continuing usage of Nokta /Makro detectors here will decline so rapidly that your units will be non existent...

How the hell did you ever decide to go with him?

We are already trying to source our new Racer's overseas, and have met with success... But we'd rather buy local.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=26583.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Whites, Garrett, Tesoro, Euro. Nokta.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Hey Nokta. Race in here..
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 19:11 »
Do you realise that you couldn't have chosen a worse Australian Distributor if you tried?

Nobody but those new to detecting will buy from this guy.
You should be quickly changing your mind over who distributes your detectors,,,  because we aren't buying from someone we cannot trust to...

1. Actually have the Detectors in Stock instead of lying.

2. Have the correct amount of Accessories on hand, both immediately and for future purchase.

3. Have the best interest of Nokta/Makro and their customers at heart.

4. Know how to swiftly deal with Warranty issues.

This guy and his friends do not have the slightest clue how to use metal detectors for any purpose. Let alone run a reputable Detector Dealership.

Distributorship of Nokta /Makro had better change quickly.

Sorry to have to tell you this... but sales and continuing usage of Nokta /Makro detectors here will decline so rapidly that your units will be non existent...

How the hell did you ever decide to go with him?

We are already trying to source our new Racer's overseas, and have met with success... But we'd rather buy local.

Thank you very much for all the feedback. We will definitely look into this. You need to understand that although we have been in this industry for many years, we have not pursued the AU market due to the simple fact that we did not have suitable products for your market so we are a newcomer in AU in that sense. We keep on researching and trying to understand the needs of the customers in AU. For us, the most important thing is ''the customers'' and what they want. We will do whatever is needed to provide the service the customers deserve. Any suggestions in this matter will definitely be taken into consideration and we will take the necessary steps.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 20:33 »
Thanks very much for your reply Nokta,  very appreciative of your response to user's questions and thoughts on your detectors. You have mine and I would say many others full admiration in that regard.

Now, concerning the Fors CoRe/Fors Gold and the Makro Racer, Plus the future Gold Racer....

We realize these detectors have a lean toward the often called 'Relic' market,  due to that nice high gain that can be implemented in with the other settings, their separation quality's and iron rejection system, with a very nice ground balance and tracking system to boot.
But to be brutally honest, there are many many detectors on the market now that equal these for high-gain low-trash open area relic and coin detecting. And none of those overload if a bottlecap is near the coil.

As for the Gold Racer, that detector has the ability to dominate sales of Gold VLF's.... not just here in Australia but across the globe, Africa, USA, Brazil.... anywhere detectable gold in nugget or specimen form can be found. (You make them work well here, with the ability to use extra gain when on milder ground type's .. and their success worldwide is guaranteed)

Sadly the CoRe and Fors Gold,  and the Racer... Overload within inches of our Hot Ground (vast majority of ground) here and cannot be used in the Goldfield's unless on dead quiet mullock (discarded mine diggings)
Something which they are extremely good at, in fact they'll hit on small gold on these dead quiet spots much deeper than Minelab Pulse induction detectors and American VLF's.

There have been terrific VLF's made for the past 20 years that we can master on Hot Ground here, so there is no excuse that one cannot be built by your company.

What is needed for a Gold VLF is sensitivity with refined stability. The ground balance system on the three detectors are fine, unfortunately the high gain your engineers are running through them is over-extended to say the least.
The Audio on the detector must let us hear the Internal workings of the machine operating, the Threshold must be high, smooth (no cackle) and there must be a Dampner in the circuity to reduce blast.

*No Discrimination!  We don't and cannot trust it.

*You build a nice enough initial Ground Balance grab on the units now, but I doubt your boys can make a better tracking system than is on those three detectors already, and as they do not track well enough in Hot Mineralised ground, It would be no problem for us to have a Maual Ground Balance, just as long as we can "Ride the ground balance as we detect by our index finger, making changes as the ground changes ... as long as the detector is designed so that this does in no way upset the other setting while in operation of making those changes on the swing without stopping.

*There must be a Tone control for the Threshold tone. Not for each individuals hearing, but so we can adjust the length of a Signal Response of gold at depth. Most important!

*No Screen needed, nor VID numbers or Ground Phase readings.... We know what the ground is like when we hear it.

*For God's sake stop making S Rod handles, regardless of rear mounted batteries,  the s rods are ergonomic nightmares.... Only 1 in ten prefer them, and those guys only hunt for an hour.
Ever detected with an s rod, or one of the FORS with that terrible handgrip for 9 hours in a single detecting day?
Injury begging to happen, slight muscular tears and tendon bow's.

*If the Deaf want to use a detector, let them pay extra for a vibrating handle. We don't need one.

*The handle light is a beauty, as most do night detecting.... keep that on, but please place a rounded handle on a straight shaft with those nicely weighted battery packs under the armrest.
Your going to need a better stand under the battery pack though, it'll wear through or get badly spiked by small rocks in no time.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Whites, Garrett, Tesoro, Euro. Nokta.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:14 »
*There must be a Tone control for the Threshold tone. Not for each individuals hearing, but so we can adjust the length of a Signal Response of gold at depth. Most important!
Can you elaborate as to how adding threshold tone will alter recovery speed.? Meaning, i can find the same target at depth with or without threshold....i can do that on just about any detector.

Also, how at depth do you know its a low conductor in AM.?... remember, you dont wand a VDI screen report.

The Audio on the detector must let us hear the Internal workings of the machine operating, the Threshold must be high, smooth (no cackle) and there must be a Dampner in the circuity to reduce blast.

I doubt your going to get any backing for internally generated noise from detectors manufactured in the year 2015 and beyond. Its not desirable through the use of  headphones. Especially bluetooth.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:43 »
Can you elaborate as to how adding threshold tone will alter recovery speed.? Meaning, i can find the same target at depth with or without threshold....i can do that on just about any detector.

Also, how at depth do you know its a low conductor in AM.?... remember, you dont wand a VDI screen report.

I doubt your going to get any backing for internally generated noise from detectors manufactured in the year 2015 and beyond. Its not desirable through the use of  headphones. Especially bluetooth.
Who said anything about recovery speed Narrawa???
And NO....You most certainly CANNOT hear a deep signal response without Threshold, why do you think every Gold PI and VLF have a Threshold?   
If a detector has a True thick livable Threshold...  You will hear deep target responses only with a Threshold based unit.
The Tone of a True Threshold will lengthen/shorten those responses, wether they are rises, sucks, or dropout of threshold. The wrong Tone used on a particular ground type will place, especially on a rise of threshold, too broadening of a signal at depth, taking it too close to ground signal noise and away from signal response.

You'll do no such thing with your "any detector"

Why the hell would we want to know if the signal response at depth is a low or high conductor Narrawa? It's a gold detector to be used on highly mineralised ground. No detector ever made will give you true VDI over hot ground period! And certainly not at depth on pussy ground.

Who's asking for "Internal Generated NOISE Narrawa???
We need a gold detector with the Audio capabilities of Amplification with Suppression so we can hear deep signal responses with the internal workings of those correlation's mixed into the Threshold.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 14:59 »
Thanks for your response Argyle, happy to leave it at that.

Online Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 866

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 15:08 »
I used it for half a day today, no threshold and found old coins and bling on the side of heaps that i would have walked away from with my 5. I don't own it and didn't bring the book but it seemed  to work ok.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 34
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 23:39 »
While I agree mostly with Argyle on his suggestions for the Gold machines I would want something different from the Racer. A cross between the Gold Bug Pro and the Fisher F75 without the instability. Also make it as much a tone machine as a VDI - think Xterra. Doesn't need a threshold tone, doesn't need to be so deep it becomes unstable, just needs to be good at target separation and see high conductive targets in iron. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the Racers brief was highly mineralized ground, more of a park machine with a beach mode.    
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 23:45 by Tommy Cash »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33 »
I think you'll find the RACER will cover the concerns you highlighted.

Not sure if you have used one of the Nokta models, but their very speedy, simple to use and unmask very well in all but highly mineralized ground. Instability was not an issue even at higher gain levels.

Have a look at what the yanks are seeing with the RACER for a more informed opinion.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,72384http://

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,72545http://

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 23:15 »
A  lot of those so called armchair operators will teach you certain things about how the detectors works. How to set them up for certain conditions and what many of the internal settings are and what they do.  However if you already know it all.....your right, there is nothing your going to gain from reading thier waffle.
However other people find their postings very interesting, and can learn quiet a bit from their input. I mean to say, they cant all be wrong now can they.?

The current Racer is what it is already  Tommy.....they can't change it now.
Just like they couldn't change the switches on the first models to the new touch pad style.....no, there is nothing they can do is there by listening to the end users input??

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 23:52 »
Hello ...we will listen to any feedback and suggestion by members and we respect everybody's opinion. However, we cannot let anybody insult the capabilities of known members of other forums who have been metal detecting for many years and whose opinions are respected by members, users as well as manufacturers. Many manufacturers quote these people's comments and post their videos on their websites as well as get their feedbacks for new units being developed (including the manufacturer in your country). This sub-forum belongs to a manufacturer unlike the other sub-forums and our responsibility is to be professional and fair to all. 

Online Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 07:19 »
A post before Narrawa's reply 9 was deleted so he isn't referring to Tommy Cash's post.

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 07:50 »
Yes your'e absolutly correct Nokta, we had better not tell the truth about your American "testers" that recieved free detectors with promises of more free units to follow. These yank testers had you sucked in big time, but i guess you went with anyone that would tell lies. Those yanks have no credibility, nor do you with your Fisher "copy" detectors.
That would not go with the flow in todays world, free honest speech is a thing of the past.
Sad to see an Australian Forum being run and controlled by European companies. The Aus Prospecting forum is being run and controlled my miners den, who are owned by Minelab, and this forum controlled by Nokta.
You mods and Admin should be ashamed to have this company running your forum. This is the infamous "long range locator" mob.

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 07:55 »
Whenever posts have been deleted, ya know the truth has been stated...

Online Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 13:00 »
Argyle, this forum isn't run or owned by Nokta. They have the use of this section and we leave them to modify or delete as they want. I use a Minelab as do all our prospecting club members. I think the new version of the Nokta could have a use in conjunction with our normally used machines.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 23:07 »
Yes your'e absolutly correct Nokta, we had better not tell the truth about your American "testers" that recieved free detectors with promises of more free units to follow. These yank testers had you sucked in big time, but i guess you went with anyone that would tell lies. Those yanks have no credibility, nor do you with your Fisher "copy" detectors.
That would not go with the flow in todays world, free honest speech is a thing of the past.
Sad to see an Australian Forum being run and controlled by European companies. The Aus Prospecting forum is being run and controlled my miners den, who are owned by Minelab, and this forum controlled by Nokta.
You mods and Admin should be ashamed to have this company running your forum. This is the infamous "long range locator" mob.

Hello first of all... nobody including Nokta or any of the testers in USA or UK AND Australia!!! have denied that we sent them free test units. We state this very clearly on forums just like we made an announcement here when we first joined that we were looking for testers and asked if there were certain individuals in AU considered to be experts by the members. Unfortunately, we were not pointed to any individual in common so we picked a few people as we were not familiar with anybody in AU.  I do not think the testers in USA whom you are insulting are doing what they are doing to get free units as they do not need them. If Nokta/Makro is ''being sucked'' in your terms, then all the other manufacturers  are in no different situation including the one in your country. There is nothing wrong in sending  test units to people who are considered to be experts by thousands of people to get their feedbacks from a user point of view. If you think that these people have no credibility, then who does? Somebody who insults others including a manufacturer? And we are being accused of deleting a post insulting respected people who are not reading this forum and as a result who cannot defend themselves? Yes we will delete such posts because you are referring to people who are not here to answer you – it is simply not ethical! We are a very professional company and we will not let this sub-forum turn into an argument arena. Our only goal here is to support people who are interested in our company and products. Anybody who is not interested can simply avoid reading this part of the forum. Nokta/ Makro have come a long way. We may have made mistakes in the past just like any other manufacturer has when they started but we are proud of where we are today. This may be a forum dominated by the supporters of our competition and it is OK because we respect our competition as we believe competition forces manufacturers to offer better products which will benefit the end-users at the end. And we please ask for the same courtesy and respect that we show to all members of this forum. Your accusations will only be meaningful for people who choose ignorance over looking outside the box and learning. Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 23:22 by Nokta Detectors »

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

3.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 23:21 »
I will agree with the last post made by Notka ..... Mostly. As far as I know Uncle Buck owns the Forum not Minelab.
Roger
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Ichabod Crane

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 01:21 »
can I can add just one thing just because people post on forums dosnt make them experts most who do well don't brag about it, just a thought.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 01:49 »
can I can add just one thing just because people post on forums dosnt make them experts most who do well don't brag about it, just a thought.

They are not considered experts because they post on forums. They are just experienced users whose feedbacks are respected by users and manufacturers and as a result they post on forums or at least this is what we are told by customers. Whether they brag about it or not is not something we can comment on because we are not aware of it and it really does not concern us . And I totally agree that there are many experienced users out there who are not part of forums but it is just very hard to reach all those people in so many different countries around the world . When we first decided to enter the AU market, we joined forums as well to get familiar with the individuals who are involved in this industry because from a manufacturer's point of view, forums is just a tool to reach people and stay in touch with them as well as understand what their needs are. That is all. 

Ichabod Crane

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08 »
yes I understand its about exposure of your product I get that you are in the business of selling detectors ;D
hope you do well braking in to the Australian market its one of the toughest in the world to crack.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 02:26 »
yes I understand its about exposure of your product I get that you are in the business of selling detectors ;D
hope you do well braking in to the Australian market its one of the toughest in the world to crack.

Thank you and a small correction if you do not mind. We are in the business of developing and manufacturing detectors.
Of course, we need to sell but this is not why we are part of the forums. Selling is the primary job of our resellers.
Our focus is to provide info about our company and products and to determine the needs of customers and develop products that will meet them. We are aware that AU market is tough and we are not making any unrealistic claims. There are many customers who are looking for other options and this is why we are here just like any other manufacturer from overseas. And our main goal is to listen to people, understand what they are looking for so that we can build upon the feedbacks and try our best to give them what they want to the extent possible instead of what we want. Thank you!

Ichabod Crane

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2015, 22:22 »
So you would have no problem sending me a detector to test for you and report only back to your R & D department, I would need it for 200 hrs detect time to give you my report and will send it back when I am finished.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

10%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 965

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 23:00 »
Argyle while i agree with most of your comments i take offence about your remarks about prospecting australia of which i have been a moderator since its inception we have nothing to do with miners den or any other company, they can sponsor the site but get no privileges whatsoever and the current owner is from finland and does not detect so im afraid your theory is incorrect
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 17:52 »
"They sponsor the site but get no privileges" 

Come on Trev, as soon as a post goes up Dave rants to have it removed. Anything regarding the truth about Minelab owning Gold Gem Mag and owning Minersden is instantly taken down.

They own it's arse...

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 18:01 »
The Yank "Testers" you gave units to are not experienced users, they are experienced DEALERS......And most of them have used Shady practises in the past. The Aussie testers that got free units were the distributor (no clue on detectors and now wants to stock Swarm EFX toys as detectors,and his learner friends.

They are not considered experts because they post on forums. They are just experienced users whose feedbacks are respected by users and manufacturers and as a result they post on forums or at least this is what we are told by customers. Whether they brag about it or not is not something we can comment on because we are not aware of it and it really does not concern us . And I totally agree that there are many experienced users out there who are not part of forums but it is just very hard to reach all those people in so many different countries around the world . When we first decided to enter the AU market, we joined forums as well to get familiar with the individuals who are involved in this industry because from a manufacturer's point of view, forums is just a tool to reach people and stay in touch with them as well as understand what their needs are. That is all.

xx
Nokta

Started by ivanll on Nokta

7 Replies
Last post December 12, 2014, 17:42
by Nokta Detectors
xx
Nokta?

Started by Count Pierre on Nokta

3 Replies
Last post May 22, 2012, 14:15
by woofy-5