collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORS PRICE CHANGE  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORS PRICE CHANGE
« on: February 17, 2015, 20:39 »
Hello all!

As you know, we made an announcement in December regarding Makro acquisition by Nokta.

For those who read the announcement thoroughly, one advantage of this merger we pointed out was that ‘’we will not only offer a richer product portfolio to our customers but address the whole market demand with products at different price levels.’’. This requires us to position the current and future Makro and Nokta products in the market correctly.

Taking into consideration the new Makro model ‘’Racer’’ that is being launched as well as the Nokta products that will be launched in 2015 and the years after, we need to make a revision in our FORS Gold/CoRe models.

Below are the revised prices.

MSRPs
FORS Gold $699,00 (USD)
FORS Gold PRO PACKAGE $999,00 (USD)
FORS CoRe $699,00 (USD)
FORS CoRe PRO PACKAGE $999,00 (USD)

We really hope the new pricing will be appreciated by those who are interested in the machine.
We also understand that this may upset some customers who recently purchased the device.
Last thing we want is unhappy customers - one unhappy customer is too many for us so if you purchased the device within the last 30 days, please contact me at dilek@noktadetectors.com to get a price adjustment coupon that can be used towards your next Nokta purchase.

Thank you all!

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=26608.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORS PRICE CHANGE
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 14:30 »
Sounds ok but a bpc member contacted the Bendigo reseller and the manufacture about a claim, as mentioned. I haven't seen the email yet but he was told that he wouldn't be getting anything back. This was on the unit i tested last weekend and which was only a few weeks old.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Count Pierre

• Platinum

76.67%
    • I live in: Fraser Coast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 370

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 15:12 »
Well, that won't surprise those who know him!!    ::)

CP
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites DFX + 5 Coils (retired)- ML Safari with RNB Battery,Whites MX5
  • Oldest find: 1817 George 3 Shilling
If I can't handle it, I'll go & have a few beers, or a red wine....or both.... & go from there!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 16:32 »
Sounds ok but a bpc member contacted the Bendigo reseller and the manufacture about a claim, as mentioned. I haven't seen the email yet but he was told that he wouldn't be getting anything back. This was on the unit i tested last weekend and which was only a few weeks old.

hmmm not  good ,, get your mate to contact nokta direct ,, 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 17:50 »

Hello..is the name of the gentleman Des by any chance? 

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 20:45 »
Yes.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 21:26 »
Yes.

Well, in that case I already responded to that gentleman.
He actually paid less than our current lower MSRP for the product so there is no adjustment to be applied but I believe he is getting confused with USD versus AUD. All our list prices are listed in USD. 699 USD = 887 AUD . The distributor in each country sets the final sell price based on customs/duties/shipping/VAT. In Des' situation though, he actually paid a lower price than the MSRP.

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 335

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 22:56 »
All our list prices are listed in USD. ...The distributor in each country sets the final sell price based on customs/duties/shipping/VAT.

So in reality, when you make a big production out of a post with the heading "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORS PRICE CHANGE", the information therein is basically meaningless to Australian consumers. The 'price change' might not be reflected in prices actually charged here in Australia (especially at a time when the AUD exchange rate is falling), and your 'important announcement' only causes confusion in the Australian marketplace. Way to go to get yourselves offside with potential Australian customers, Nokta!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline argyle

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Goldfields
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 5
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 18:07 »
Hey Nokta.
Its no use dropping the price on your units in Australia, your audsie distributor never has any in Stock - Period!! God help up if we wanted an accessory coil ,, even if we could buy a unit.

Send him over 50 new Racers and Fors will you, plus a full range of coils.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab, Fisher, Whites, Garrett, Tesoro, Euro. Nokta.

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 18:06 »
So in reality, when you make a big production out of a post with the heading "IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - FORS PRICE CHANGE", the information therein is basically meaningless to Australian consumers. The 'price change' might not be reflected in prices actually charged here in Australia (especially at a time when the AUD exchange rate is falling), and your 'important announcement' only causes confusion in the Australian marketplace. Way to go to get yourselves offside with potential Australian customers, Nokta!

Hello... the announcement is not meaningless as a customer needs to know what the MSRP is so he can compare it to the final price he is paying. If you look at the pricing of other models in the market, the pricing will vary across the countries as well. The price drop is a significant one so a dealer has to reflect the drop. If not, customers can contact us and let us know that the price change has not been implemented at a certain dealer and we will take the necessary action. 

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 18:09 »
Hey Nokta.
Its no use dropping the price on your units in Australia, your audsie distributor never has any in Stock - Period!! God help up if we wanted an accessory coil ,, even if we could buy a unit.

Send him over 50 new Racers and Fors will you, plus a full range of coils.

We are working on setting up additional dealers so customers will have more choices. Thank you for your patience meanwhile. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 19:56 by Nokta Detectors »

Offline A bugs trek

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 335

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 20:25 »
Hello... the announcement is not meaningless as a customer needs to know what the MSRP is so he can compare it to the final price he is paying. If you look at the pricing of other models in the market, the pricing will vary across the countries as well. The price drop is a significant one so a dealer has to reflect the drop. If not, customers can contact us and let us know that the price change has not been implemented at a certain dealer and we will take the necessary action.

Nope, it's meaningless, as I said. Your own words in an earlier post show just how convoluted such price comparisons are: "He actually paid less than our current lower MSRP for the product so there is no adjustment to be applied but I believe he is getting confused with USD versus AUD. All our list prices are listed in USD. 699 USD = 887 AUD . The distributor in each country sets the final sell price based on customs/duties/shipping/VAT. In Des' situation though, he actually paid a lower price than the MSRP."

In the real world, potential retail customers in Australia have no knowledge of the amounts charged for customs/duties/shipping, much less the applicable exchange rate at the time a dealer ordered their stock from Nokta/Makro, weeks/months earlier. Hence, your announcement of a price reduction affecting a notional MSRP in US dollars, is effectively meaningless.

For future reference, please note that this is an Australian forum, with mostly Australian members and we use Australian currency in this country, not US dollars.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Fisher F70; Whites MXT; Minelab Sovereign Elite

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 20:58 »
Were they not listed at $1600 from here not that long ago.??.
http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/category/899406?page=1
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 21:04 »
Were they not listed at $1600 from here not that long ago.??.
http://www.aussiedetectors.com/apps/webstore/products/category/899406?page=1

have a look at avon valley metal detectors prices ,,, just be seated when you see his prices ,,, 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 21:08 »
have a look at avon valley metal detectors prices ,,, just be seated when you see his prices ,,,

Yeah i did see that...yet there in WA, and we all know WA is a few hrs behind the rest of Australia....lol
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol

xx
NOKTA ANNOUNCEMENT - MAKRO ACQUISITION

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

23 Replies
Last post December 20, 2014, 20:37
by Ecto1
xx
Fors has got a bit of value.

Started by beepn on Nokta

0 Replies