collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  nokta fors gold does find gold  (Read 4388 times)

Offline californiagold

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: lassen co. california
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 8
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
nokta fors gold does find gold
« on: March 17, 2015, 17:03 »
Hello oz

Hello from california usa. i am a newbie to this forum. actually joined to learn about australian gold before i hope to travel there next winter to detect for gold. I happen to notice this forum has its own nokta thread. so i checked it out and was surprised to see alot of  chat about fors gold. seems luje there was alot of back and forth about what fors gold can do. reminded me of long time ago when minelab was new to america.
I own a fors gold for a few months and have had great success. thought i would share my thoughts about the fors gold.
First off I have detected gold with dozens of different detectors for over 30 years. i have always been a detectorist that has been skeptical about new detectors claiming to be better. I always like most want the best equipment available. Last summer i seen the fors gold and it seemedinteresting with some neat features. so i decided to give it a shot and hope i made a good choice.
First when i got it , i was impressed with the quality build. it isnt some crap built in china.
so next , i decided to try it out on one of my patches that i cleaned out till there was nothing left. it had been grided and redone again and again. when i tried the fors gold out i found out that like other detectors ive used there it is near impossible to run in all metal. so i tried fors golds strongest iron disc mode called boost mode. i cranked up the sens. as strong as possible and still be quiet. righr off i found all new signals. some lead and some gold. i am very aware of what depths my other detectors could find gold and these signals were deeper in the short hunt i was on it defiantly impressed me. after just a short few days, the fors gold is my number one detector. it is the deepest vlf on the market period. it is not a pi detector but pulls gold out deep. and runs great in bad mineralization bad mineralization. so i tried other gold patches and had the same results found more gold. our california gold deposits are called pocket gold deposits and are serious mineralization. on detectors with display the ground balance values at these sites is 75-high 80's . Also we have alot of variable ground and areas with lots of ironstone rocks. so for a vlf it is the best thing going.
also from what ive seen the nokta company listens to their customers and fixes issues faster than any company. they care about their customers. ive dealt with issues from every american detecting company and they are horrible with their customers. so nokta is what companies should be towards customers after all we buy their products. anyway i will post some pics of my finds with fors gold and i made some amatuer videos on youtube.  under fors gold adventures channel. in the mean time i can answer any questions about settings or such since we share the same highly mineralized soil.
In the mean time i hope to learn more about austalian gold fields

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=26846.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta Fors gold and too many others to mention
  • Oldest find: gold

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: nokta fors gold does find gold
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 17:21 »
Glad to see you have some luck , , we have some very experienced and opinionated members here hence the to and fro in regards to Nokta . It seems though numerous people underestimate the mineralisation here in Australia , we constantly hear about other soils . But all we really care about it how the machine works in our conditions .  The ground can vary greatly here , and can experience three different ground conditions under the  coil at once . U can also experience two -three different layers with different mineralisation  in each layer .  Where I have spent time looking for gold  i can tell u a VLF has very little chance . I have also seen major brand PI detectors fail to find 1.6 grams at 8 inches in the same area .  The point is it's great to have international members with different experience , we have good - extremely harsh ground here ... And have used a trusted brand for almost 30+ years , we really don't need a international ground condition comparison .  A PI unit with new features with a competitive price range and comprehensive testing within all Australian conditions would be a start ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..
Sent from my relic display case

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 17:22 »
Also i wanted to mention that i have continued to use fors last 8 months and have put it thru some tough terrain, brush, tough conditions and it has held up great. no problems.
I will post more pics
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 17:32 by californiagold »

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 17:25 »
Not sure what i did
 wrong posting pics. but sorry

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 17:27 »
More pics

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 17:29 »
Actually found the old coin with fors
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 17:31 by californiagold »

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 17:33 »
More fors gold finds

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 17:38 »
californiagold, good to have you on board...
Wont be long now before some others cotton onto just how good these brand/models are. Im having a blast with mine and should have a RACER in my hands this week.
While i prospect mostly for gold here in OZ using the GPX-4500, im having to much fun with the F.G. Iv not found gold with it here yet but im not actually looking after some of the relics iv been finding of late. Its a change from hunting gold day in day out. However im sure sooner or latter i'll hit a bit of gold with it. My biggest concern was it would not handle our nasty ground, however that is not the case, they handle our ground better than some of the top brands like Whites and Fisher. I know this because these are the other brands i have in my kit....MXT...GMT...V3i..FI9. These models are by no means toy detectors, and each has the runs on the board.
One thing iv noticed while hunting relics with the FG is the use of the small digging tool, which has been replaced with the prospecting pick id normally use while prospecting the WA goldfield. Amazed at the depth some of these finds are at.
Good to see others on board and sharing their Nokta experiences.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 17:54 »
Thanks for the welcome narrawa. i know oz is the land of pi detectors and probably wont change. but i just wanted to share that the fors gold does work very well. i dont think anybody in oz knows how bad our soil is here. localy we call it the california outback. we have ground so bad most detectors cant pick up gold that is sunbaking. and serpentine bedrock areas that are extremky tough.
Well take care and good luck.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 23:15 »
expiring?  Maybe inspiring.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2015, 14:08 »
Thanks for the welcome guys. i am looking forward to reading any of your post on here about gold in australia. I hope to head over that way someday soon to do some detecting. not looking to get rich. just like to say someday that i found gold in australia. I'm looking to get a pi detector sometime soon. kinda waiting for noktas pi detector to come out. i think it will be good. and maybe it wont cost so much as other top of the line pi machines. anyway i hope all your dig holes are full of gold

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 14:40 »
Im always checking in to see if any new posts are about on the Nokta models.
Have just received the RACER and cannot wait to get out there.
californiagold, im also waiting patiently for the Nokta/Makro PI machine.
Iv included a link to my forum where iv been posting my findings on the FG since owning one.

I'll add a RACER thread in time.

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/nokta-makro-fors-gold-t3468.html

Offline californiagold

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 14:44 »
Thanks narrawa. i will keep an eye on your fors gold and racer success

Offline SunriseBoy

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Murgon, Qld.
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 4
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 11:59 »
Glad to see you have some luck , , we have some very experienced and opinionated members here hence the to and fro in regards to Nokta . It seems though numerous people underestimate the mineralisation here in Australia , we constantly hear about other soils . But all we really care about it how the machine works in our conditions .  The ground can vary greatly here , and can experience three different ground conditions under the  coil at once . U can also experience two -three different layers with different mineralisation  in each layer .  Where I have spent time looking for gold  i can tell u a VLF has very little chance . I have also seen major brand PI detectors fail to find 1.6 grams at 8 inches in the same area .  The point is it's great to have international members with different experience , we have good - extremely harsh ground here ... And have used a trusted brand for almost 30+ years , we really don't need a international ground condition comparison .  A PI unit with new features with a competitive price range and comprehensive testing within all Australian conditions would be a start ....

John, I'd say the inability of the operators not finding Au with various detectors you mention, is, because they don't tune the machine correctly and don't listen to what the machine is saying.

This is an old chestnut of monumental proportions.  Operators with the new Zs can't find gold that fellas with White's MXT Pro are getting.  I'm no ML fan, but if someone can't find gold with a Z, they should be banned from the business.  

It's all down to the operator and how they tune it and use it. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used to have a Garrett AT Pro

Offline john24gold

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: gold coast
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

• Total Badges: 23
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
nokta fors gold does find gold
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 22:22 »
John, I'd say the inability of the operators not finding Au with various detectors you mention, is, because they don't tune the machine correctly and don't listen to what the machine is saying.

This is an old chestnut of monumental proportions.  Operators with the new Zs can't find gold that fellas with White's MXT Pro are getting.  I'm no ML fan, but if someone can't find gold with a Z, they should be banned from the business. 

It's all down to the operator and how they tune it and use it.
I doubt it is about the operators . There is a lot of area that has been hit hard .. The zeds are doing well in most areas .. I personally haven't heard myself of any gold find With the Nokta within Australia although there most likely is some . I don't knock the brand or the machine as a whole in anyway.. But in most areas the have been covered with minelabs that have progressed in technology throughout the years . There is still areas in moderate ground that a VLF could possibly find gold within Australia  where someone with a minelab hasn't been , or raked throughly in recent years .. And  I have seen members now and then find gold with a VLF but it is not as common .. And the preferred gold detector within Australia is a PI, although I have heard that Nokta is in development with a PI machine ..

« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 22:52 by john24gold »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705, Garrett ace 250 , Garrett at pro, minelab ctx3030 , whites coin master
  • Oldest find: 2000BC Bronze Age terrot ring part..

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:12 »
FORS Gold and Racer are both very capable of detecting gold and can/are used in ground where many think only PI detectors will work.
Lacking posts that show finds from using FORS Gold/Racer over here on our ground is more likely due to the level of interest none users shown in the product........ even the selected FORS Gold testers in OZ are silent! :-X

Not to worry......... trust your detector as you trust your own ability to use it and all is well. :)

ivanll

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 19:52 »
Iv found gold with  the RACER,...RACER Gold....and Fors Gold in Ozy soil. Its only a matter of time (in which im a little short on ATM) and the FG+ will come up a winner given it has some new features as well as a new operating frequency added.
Where the PIs fail due to the rubbish content, the VLFs succeed. 
Now the cats out of the bag on both the FG+ and RG.....it wont be long before those who frequent these areas will find their share thats a little awkward for PI use. Especially those who opt for the RG...its  disc abilities will surprise.
Some good reading...
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1364-makro-gold-racer-56-khz-coming-soon/
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/1380-fors-gold-plus-maiden-voyage/

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Ballarat victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2016, 10:10 »
I have owned a Nokta Fors Gold since October and have not found Gold with it yet. I live on the Goldfields and detect about 4 times a week, primarily for relics, though I have set it up to see gold if it can. I recently had a loan of a Fors Relic from Phasetechnical for 2 weeks here in Australia, primarily to review it's Relic finding abilities, I did pick up a very nice Specie nugget using the Relic, see pic. and air testing the nugget I feel the Fors Gold would have picked it up also had I been using it. I would imagine the Gold+ is the way to go if looking to prang a nugget from the Fors Series though.
Thanks again to Nenad for the opportunity of testing the Relic for myself.
C
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:33 by ColinD »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX4500, Nokta Fors Gold
  • Oldest find: Gold

Offline PhaseTech

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11

One year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 21:43 »
Glad you enjoyed it Colin! 
Yeah I've compared the CoRe (same freq as the Gold) with the Gold + (same frequency as the Relic) and with the 10x5" coils the Gold+ has a bit of an edge. With the 5" coils on both machines there isn't much in it. The 5" on the CoRe/Gold makes a noticeable improvement to small nuggies under half a gram. 
Where the Gold+ has an edge is by turning up the iSAT to 4 or 5 gives you a smoother threshold compared to the other Fors units, and the Fast disc mode gives a more solid hit on gold compared the Di2 on the CoRe.
Cheers, Nenad 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SDC, GPX, GPZ, Fors, Vaquero, Bandido II umax, CTX
  • Oldest find: 1700s Chinese Coin

Offline jacksonT

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Ballarat,Victoria
  • Liked:

10 Posts One year Anniversary First Post
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 12:36 »
At this stage I am looking around for a good inexpensive gold detector and quite like the Nokta Gold+.The Minelab PI,s are too expensive and heavy,and require me to dig up all targets which is hard to do as I have a lot of pain in my knee.From youtube videos I found the Minelab GPX 5000 had major problems delivering a clear signal and all it gave off is what sounded like ground noise on a gold nugget.To each his own but I am looking for a detector which can give me a clear sharp signal.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 21:44 by jacksonT »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: whites 5000D, Nokta Impact
  • Oldest find: 1984 2 ounce nugget, 3 ounce gold specimen

Offline jacksonT

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Ballarat,Victoria
  • Liked:

10 Posts One year Anniversary First Post
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 17:15 »
Hi,californiagold, thanks for your info about using the Nokta Gold in highly mineralised ground over there. Iam getting back to detecting after an absence of 32 years and saw the Nokta Gold+ test reports on YOUTUBE and liked the fact it does not cost an arm and a leg.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 21:51 by jacksonT »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: whites 5000D, Nokta Impact
  • Oldest find: 1984 2 ounce nugget, 3 ounce gold specimen

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 13:08 »
FORS Gold is a capable detector on our gold fields but one have to guide the coil over the ground and gold to find it instead of sitting on ones "rr" and just reading about it.

xx
Nokta Fors Gold

Started by Wazza/Amechia on Nokta

13 Replies
Last post December 10, 2014, 09:30
by Wazza/Amechia
xx
Regarding my review of the Nokta FORS Gold

Started by Steve Herschbach on Nokta

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2015, 22:30
by Nokta Detectors
clip
fors gold small coil and nokta pointer

Started by californiagold on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2015, 16:14
by californiagold
xx
Nokta Fors Gold Metal Detector review for very highly mineralized ground.

Started by crampo on Nokta

1 Replies
Last post December 14, 2014, 22:28
by Wazza/Amechia
xx
FORS Gold/Core Beach~Park~Gold Field.

Started by ivanll on Nokta

19 Replies
Last post August 25, 2017, 20:06
by ivanll
clip
FORS Gold Scores Spectacular Gold Specimen!

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2014, 20:16
by Nokta Detectors
clip
Nokta Fors Outing.

Started by ivanll on Nokta

21 Replies
Last post March 21, 2015, 10:48
by junker

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network