collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  A Plug for Anger Management  (Read 1660 times)

Offline richo$$$

• Copper

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Colac, Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284

• Total Badges: 14
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
A Plug for Anger Management
« on: July 05, 2015, 12:40 »
Just wanted to put in a plug (pardon the pun) for Anger Management who fixed the stereo plug on my Koss UR 30 headphones.
I had three goes at soldering new sockets to the headphones with limited success (the best effort lasted two months).
Thanks to AM, I've now I've got an L shaped stereo plug and a professional solder/heat-shrink on the headphones (which in my view is how Koss  should build them in the first place). 

Best, richo

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=27693.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Safari, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Raven Model 25.
  • Oldest find: 1879 Queen Victoria British Penny

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

70%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1623

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: A Plug for Anger Management
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 14:45 »
Just wanted to put in a plug (pardon the pun) for Anger Management who fixed the stereo plug on my Koss UR 30 headphones. I had three goes at soldering new sockets to the headphones with limited success (the best effort lasted two months). Thanks to AM, I've now I've got an L shaped stereo plug and a professional solder/heat-shrink on the headphones (which in my view is how Koss should build them in the first place). Best, richo
Any time...  Have new L-shaped in stock now, so next job, should not have such a wait time.

I should be thanking you for your patience - CTS operation in the middle and my hand is still recovering.

PS. I find the L  plug will turn and while there will be a little noise over time; much better that flexing the crap out on the cable and breaking it.

Mind you the new Wire Less non BT headphones and transmitter will be available soon as well (no noticeable lag).  Just another option, if you are like me and tend to get hung up on leads in the bush.

• Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline richo$$$

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Colac, Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 284

• Total Badges: 14
    Third year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 15:30 »
Very remiss of me, I forgot to mention the excellent customer service and exceedingly reasonable service charge.

cheers, Richo
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Safari, Minelab Pro-Find 25, Raven Model 25.
  • Oldest find: 1879 Queen Victoria British Penny

Offline John-au

• Gold

46.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190

• Total Badges: 40
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 17:48 »
My Garrett pro-pointer was out of warranty and had started to false quite badly, other than turning it off and on the only way to stop it sounding off was to give the tip a sharp tap against the ground. I contacted AngerManagement of Deteknix and he said if I posted it up he would see what he could do.
 It is now back and working better, at the very reasonable cost of postage and parts. Mark replaced the switch, added a lanyard holder to the cap, applied a cct board liqueur to some parts of the circuit board that can give issues and did a re-calibrate.
 I would have no hesitation in using his services in the future.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

70%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1623

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 19:54 »
John-au
Many thanks... Did my best with your Garrett - But offer no guarantee as to for how long it will remain fully functional.

Then again, if you never try: you will never know.

I guess you liked the after market Lanyard holder :-) 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME

Offline John-au

• Gold

46.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190

• Total Badges: 40
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 12:29 »
The lanyard holder does the trick but I really like the leg pouch, I find it easier to put the pinpointer back into its holder and with the removable pouch alongside removed my screwdriver fits nicely there instead.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

thumbup
Anger Management

Started by Tommy Cash on Business Reviews

0 Replies
Last post April 03, 2015, 00:40
by Tommy Cash
xx
Anger Management - good service

Started by projeanant on Business Reviews

4 Replies
Last post January 04, 2016, 19:36