collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  FORS GOLD+ COMING SOON!  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    6.67%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
FORS GOLD+ COMING SOON!
« on: October 08, 2015, 02:21 »
Dear Valued Members:

We are proud to announce that the new FORS GOLD + is available for pre-order now including a FREE 5'' DD coil. 

Built on the famous FORS platform, the FORS Gold+ offers advanced gold prospecting capabilities. Operating at 19kHz frequency, the FORS Gold+ features a new advanced All Metal Mode with iSAT (Intelligent Self-Adjusting Threshold) and 2 discrimination modes (Fast & Boost) all designed for harsh ground conditions. The two included waterproof Double-D search coils make the FORS Gold+ the best choice for prospecting in rivers and streams as well. 

MSRP: $799

PACKAGE CONTENTS
FGP26 Waterproof Search Coil (26 cm x 14 cm (10’’x 5.5’’) DD 
Also includes a FREE FGP13 Waterproof Search Coil 13 cm (5’’) DD
Extra Lower Shaft
Headphones
4 AA Alkaline Batteries

OPTIONAL SEARCH COILS AND ACCESSORIES
FGP26C Waterproof Search Coil (26 cm x 14 cm (10’’x 5.5’’) Concentric
FGP40 Waterproof Search Coil (39.5 cm x 33.7 cm (15.5’’x 13.3’’) DD 
Carrying Bag
Weather -Resistant Cover
AC/Car Charger & 4 AA Rechargeable Batteries

Please also find attached the product brochure.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask or contact me at dilek@noktadetectors.com

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28243.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline junker

• Platinum
  • You are not lost , if you dont care where you are

0%
    • I live in: Avoca Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3322

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: FORS GOLD+ COMING SOON!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 12:09 »
Be keen to try one of these , to see how it will go in some  hot ground here in the GT , I know it will be not as good as a PI , but I like VLFs for relic hunting .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ExTerra 705 , GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1800's wax seal stamp, 1826 shilling , 1861 H/P.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 13:44 »
Interesting post! 8)

More so as it's so far not mentioned on any other Oz forums nor on the Importer or Dealers web site or Fbook pages. :-\
ivanll

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 21:16 »
Nokta released the information, and that means they have very trustworthy dealers and team members working for them. It was not up to Nokta Australia or its dealers to release any information about it....till now.

Ivan, the new Fors Gold + is about to be released. ;D

• Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 11:03 »

8)  I'll be looking forward to seeing one in action up here in TNQ ;D  

ivanll

Offline SunriseBoy

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Murgon, Qld.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 4
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 12:04 »
Be keen to try one of these , to see how it will go in some  hot ground here in the GT , I know it will be not as good as a PI , but I like VLFs for relic hunting .

I talked to a guy who owns a FG and a ML F1A4.  He said the Nokta works great in the GT.  And he's been doing this for nearly 40 years.  As I mentioned above, most of the time a VLF, especially the Nokta, doesn't work well on hot ground is because the machine is not tuned sufficiently.  And the new one is apparently better as there has been quite a bit of 'tweaking'.

So I think the bleating of old chestnuts and myths, I suggest, certainly doesn't apply to the newer models of the Nokta.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used to have a Garrett AT Pro

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Ballarat victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2015, 14:27 »
Well having paid $1400 for a Nokta Gold only the other week only to find out it is apparently a poor rebadged version of the CoRe... poor in that it is missing the search mode for salt water and had the DI2 search mode renamed BST (Boost) in an effort to pretend it is something new (and it is $5 more and has the word "Gold" in the title ) I feel a bit scammed to be honest.
The guy at Central West Prospecting told me he had 200 of these "old" Gold versions in stock, so who is going to buy them now? The whole thing seems a bit scammy. It is a very good VLF, but any VLF will find gold if you walk over a nugget big enough.
Now we're being told "THIS is the gold finding version, honest gov"?
Buy the CoRe if you must buy a Nokta IMO more value for money.
C
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 14:29 by ColinD »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab GPX4500, Nokta Fors Gold
  • Oldest find: Gold

Offline SunriseBoy

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Murgon, Qld.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 4
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2015, 15:03 »
8)  I'll be looking forward to seeing one in action up here in TNQ ;D  

ivanll

I thought you didn't use a detector Ivan.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used to have a Garrett AT Pro

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2015, 15:42 »

The guy at Central West Prospecting told me he had 200 of these "old" Gold versions in stock, so who is going to buy them now? The whole thing seems a bit scammy. It is a very good VLF, but any VLF will find gold if you walk over a nugget big enough.

The people who cannot afford the new model will buy the old model....and its been sweetened with a free Nokta Pin-pointer till stocks last....there is also two other dealers in Australia selling Nokta/Makro products, so Nokta Australia must keep stock levels in order to accommodate sales from these dealers. And at the time we at Nokta Australia took delivery of the old models, there was no news of a new model.

If you brought the Fors Gold, its because its the model you chose over the Core. I Dont sell people detectors they didnt ask for.? You would have been told at the time of purchase, that the Core had one more program (Beach mode) over the Fors Gold.

Sorry to hear you feel a little scammed, but there was no scam involved...i can assure you of that.

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2015, 15:47 »
What is the difference between the 2 models that gives the Gold version the edge in finding gold?
C
edit to add... I didn't say you specifically scammed me, I said the gold version of the core is in of itself a scam. (Not the first time this word has been used with the Fors Gold is it?)
As for being told at the time of purchase that the Core had more search functions... that is 100% not true.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 16:06 by ColinD »

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2015, 17:29 »
The difference between BST and DI2 is nothing that i know of.?

However, if your not into the beach side of detecting, as some are not....they tend to chose the one less likely to add confusion with modes they'll never use. If i was your sales person, i can guarantee you were told of the Core over the Gold....its simply what i do to ensure this type of conversation does not happen due to the fact i know the better bang for your buck is with the Core. Yet, some people are simply not interested in beach mode due to the above. If you have a Fors Gold in your possession, there is a reason for that. However im happy to work with you and rectify whatever wrong you feel has taken place if you feel one has.? Call me.

Nokta are learning rapidly what it is the end user wants from their detectors, and so be it that some models will be short lived. As the newer models roll out, the older ones must still be moved on and this will lead to some customers with a bitter taste. Understandable...i have 2 GPX 4500s in my possession when Minelab rolled out the release of the 4500 again new. ::)

If we knew the release of the FG+ was near, we would not have brought so many older models....business is business in the real world. We now offer a FREE Pin-pointer with all Nokta Fors packages. Our loss is your gain.

It may have also been that Nokta made a business decision (for whatever reason business decisions are made ) after our order had been placed to release the FG+....if that be the case...business is business.

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2015, 17:42 »
I live in Smythesdale, bang in the middle of a gold area -  *IF* Nokta has 2 detectors, one better for finding gold than the other then for me it is a no brainer. I looked at reviews, the reviewers said they were finding gold. I didn't get a free machine, I'm not finding gold... you're not finding gold. The Core would it seems to me find gold just as well as the NG. Not hard to prove that wrong if it is the case, just bury some gold and use the 2 detectors, the gold should find it and the Core not. If anyone in the Ballarat area with a core wants to test it get in touch. I wouldn't hold my breath on the results.
Why would someone lose a whole search function by choice? Confused? LOL
I will phone you tomorrow.
C

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 18:13 »
Yeah i have actually found gold with it.....and so has my partner. However, we were not looking for gold with it at the time of discovery, just relics.....but there's no throwing them back when you do find some.  ;D
Others i know have also found gold with it....believe it or not, but one local who is absolutely stone deaf...has also found gold with it, and by far more than anyone else i know who has one. He traded his AT Gold for the FG after extensive testing by himself using mine to compare.

Both Fors models will find you gold equally, no argument there.....one has a beach mode, the other has not.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 18:50 »
I thought you didn't use a detector Ivan.

Don't know where you got that notion from ???  not to worry.

I do occasionally make use of a detector, there should be a post or two with pictures on this forum someplace.  :)

ivanll

Offline ColinD

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2015, 18:52 »

Both Fors models will find you gold equally, no argument there.....one has a beach mode, the other has not.

Looking at the blurb for both machines, it has to be said... gives a VERY different view, and so yes, that's why I feel ripped off...
OK I don't live by the beach, but my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law both live by the beach in Mornington, I also fish in Malacoota for 2 weeks every year, so yes given the reality I wish I had the Core, but I don't blame myself given my location and the blurb, I blame Fors for what I feel is  a sham business model in the Fors Gold.
No offence, but this new machine... where does someone find the trust? I live in Smythesdale, should be right up my alley but I'll say this right now and for obvious reasons... NO WAY would I dream of buying one. I just wouldn't trust it to do what they say (or their reviewers). They also have to address the cables on the headphones being too thin, mine are starting to crackle.
C
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:23 by ColinD »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 10:41 »
Nokta released the information, and that means they have very trustworthy dealers and team members working for them. It was not up to Nokta Australia or its dealers to release any information about it....till now.

I recall Nokta/Makros first trustworthy self elevated managing director dealer in Oz, same dealer that to his own trust level suggested Australian testers of the Fors Gold when it was about to be released. :-X

A few valuable lessons were learnt then, by we that took notice.  ;D

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 17:57 »
I got my Fors Gold Pro pack from Treasure Mountain MD for less then a Grand, cause all there was available from the dealer over here was nothing but promises and excuses which in turn lead to the decision not to gamble on a purchase of something that was not available in stock.
As for using the FORS Gold successfully that is totally up to the user, it can detect Gold within its setting and coil range, it can also easily be used on a salt water beach all the way and into the water with any of my Pro Pack included coils, even without a COG mode available as on the CoRe.
The Fors Gold can do anything the CoRe and Racer can do, however I do find the Racer easier to use due to screen placement and the coils are compatible ..... so no FG+ for me.
Dislike of the Fors Gold/CoRe, only the rocker switches and the present side screen location ...... not to worry I have been toying with the idea of turning it upside down by shifting it to the other side then it can be used by both right/left handed persons, if just the handle cable was 50mm longer or a relocation of the cable sockets will be required.

ivanll

Picture have been up before, safer here than on Fbook.  

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 20:54 »

The Fors Gold can do anything the CoRe and Racer can do, however I do find the Racer easier to use due to screen placement and the coils are compatible ..... so no FG+ for me.

Just so folks dont get confused...the RACER and Fors models cannot share the same coils.

The Fors Gold and Fors CoRe, can share coils.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 22:44 »
Just so folks dont get confused...the RACER and Fors models cannot share the same coils.

The Fors Gold and Fors CoRe, can share coils.

Somewhat interesting,

Did read on the PA forum (01 July 2015) where Fors/Racer coil interchanging had been tried by Steve Herschbach and yourself, both without any apparent success.  ???  

It's obvious you haven't checked the plug wiring before interchanging the coils something only a Ding bat would neglect to do. ::)

Only a Dill talk about things of which he know little.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 11:00 by ivanll »

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 18:15 »
Had a short stint with the FG+ this weekend gone round Hill End NSW....no probs on the ground balance, very stable and very sensitive. Which could be expected for a 19khz machine.
No gold found, but very limited time with it, and due to the crowds up there....was not giving up my main spots. :lol:

The FG+ now distances itself from both the core, and FG. No, it has no vibrating handle. It does however have the new FST program which i felt was very snappy on sub gram test pieces sitting amongst the ironstone.
The 10x5"coil it comes with certainly makes it a well balanced machine to operate in scrubby environments, much better than the FG and its 11x7" spider coil. Remember it also comes with the little 5"sniper coil for those looking for the real small stuff.
The optional 10x5"concentric was tested in this location some time back, and proved to be a valuable coil, and is why its offered as an optional coil for this model.

The ISAT function works well on this type of ground, and i found 3 to be the best setting due to the ground mineralization....1 is less SAT while 5 is max.
For those of you who dont fully understand what this function does, its to alter the threshold return speed after finding a target....too much SAT will subtract from your target response. A setting of 1 will give maximum pause to your signal, and in some gold bearing ground, a low setting is desirable.
In highly mineralized ground, a faster setting works better due to the ground causing the detector to react with the ironstone and hotrocks. Remember these are very high gained detectors, this setting along with how you use the gain need to be in sync for best performance.

Both the FST program and the BST program i prefer over the all metal mode, however while using all metal mode, you still get very accurate target display information.
Comboed to the 10x5"concentric coil, and used on certain ground types...typically not the real heavily mineralized ground, you'll get even better target display information as concentrics are a little better with depth, and Disc functionality.
Like the other models in the Nokta/Makro line up, you still get that blendy audio that gives the operator a little edge when he/she becomes acquainted with how these models work in trashy ground. The FG+ retains the same blendy audio however now using 19khz....it has a little more resolution which makes it a little better for unmasking.

Using either of the two Disc programs as i prefer, make it a very handy machine looking for relics in our gold fields. Nokta are learning that while all metal mode is very important, the idea of making Disc programs better suited to gold field hunting is where its now at. This machine works well at doing both, even tho its targeted more towards nugget hunting.

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 23:18 »

Somewhat interesting,

Did read on the PA forum (01 July 2015) where Fors/Racer coil interchanging had been tried by Steve Herschbach and yourself, both without any apparent success.  ???  

It's obvious you haven't checked the plug wiring before interchanging the coils something only a Ding bat would neglect to do. ::)

Only a Dill talk about things of which he know little.

Only a dill would youtube and paste to the forums his abuse of a product and than ask for warranty. :o::)

THE END.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 12:41 »

THE END.

Let be So !  :-*  :-*  :-*

xx
FORS Gold/Core Beach~Park~Gold Field.

Started by ivanll on Nokta

19 Replies
Last post August 25, 2017, 20:06
by ivanll
clip
FORS Gold Scores Spectacular Gold Specimen!

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2014, 20:16
by Nokta Detectors
clip
nokta fors gold does find gold

Started by californiagold on Nokta

21 Replies
Last post January 22, 2017, 13:08
by ivanll
wink
AM and a New Fors Gold+