* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Bucket List  (Read 613 times)

Offline SeaScene

• Tin Foil

• Fill this by Posting :)
    • I live in: Port Alerni, BC
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    One year Anniversary First Post
Bucket List
« on: December 29, 2015, 13:02 »
Hi everyone.. just googled and found you on line.  Quite overwhelming the information here.  Well, I joined the forum.  I am a Canuck who cruises on his sail boat spring to fall in the coastal wilds of British Columbia Canada.  A bucket list wish is near to be realized as I will be visiting my daughter who has lived and worked in Perth these past 12 years.  Plan to spend 5 weeks, end of Feb to end of March or so.   Pretty fit nearing my 70's and looking forward to a go at Oz metal detecting with my TDI Pro.  So, if anyone could refer me to a link or 2 perhaps a book...I would love to learn more.  My plan is just to meander about WA south part in a rented van or some such... even thought of a bike and tent kinda thing staying at parks etc.  I know I have a lot to learn before I leave.   A certain amount of time with my daughter and then get outback out there ... and some time with her before I leave.  I do have a youtube site you can get a bit of taste of BC coast.     And a very sincere wish to all here... and good hunting...prosperous, healthy new year....

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 819

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 13:46 »
Welcome to the forum Gary. We have a few members from WA but i don't know which part. Now you are a member you can view the members map which will show those who bothered to add their name to the map.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

• I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 775

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Bucket List
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 15:30 »
Best books for wa is the roads and tracks western australia and also the hema map book western australia.   . Both books have a section on camp sites and what is available at those sites .  You can  buy them at the newsagent or a four wheel drive store or a camping store . 
Albany is one of  western Australia's oldest towns . Well worth the visit . Also has a whaling station thats now a museum.  
If you see a red sign with the letter i .. this means a information bay and will have places of interest marked on a map . Plenty of them in west oz and you'll come across many on your travels.   

Welcome to the forum 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

* Now this is on my Bucket List.

Started by Meggie on General Detecting Chatter

4 Replies
Last post July 17, 2012, 21:11
by Elroy
Weekends Wish List - who can list and produce (unofficial comp with no prize!)

Started by DigDig on General Detecting Chatter

64 Replies
Last post July 10, 2013, 15:10
by p3nn
A special bucket lister . . . .

Started by Mossop on General Detecting Chatter

7 Replies
Last post September 02, 2017, 14:41
by Tasrog
Member List

Started by Count Pierre on General Detecting Chatter

14 Replies