collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Nokta AU Gold Finder.  (Read 4593 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    36.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Nokta AU Gold Finder.
« on: January 23, 2016, 18:19 »
NEW 2016.
http://md-hunter.com/nokta-au-gold-finder-new-2016/
A PI detector like this would perhaps be something to look forward to.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28733.0
Trust and respect is earned!

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Re: Nokta AU Gold Finder.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:11 »
Questions for Nokta.

Q-1: Is this particular detector made for Left Handed users ? 
If used by a right handed person the head phone cable will either have to go over the users hand/arm in which case it can rub on the arm or catch on a long sleeve piece of closing.
If h/p cable is routed under the handle then it might rub against your fingers ..... depending on what type and how long the h/p cable is.
I would say a right handed user would be better of by having the h/p socket on the left side where the on/off switch is.

Q-2: How long is the coil cable ?
Specifications indicate the control box can be belt/chest mounted, if so the coil cable need to be no less than 1.85m (6') in order to be comfortable for a person between 1.6m to 2.0m.

At least it's shown with a lazy "S" hand grip and a thin rubber cover, so for us that like Red Racer grip we have a mod. to do.

ivanll

Kellyco advertised Availability: Out Of Stock ............... sounds familiar?

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 20:02 »
Questions for Nokta.

If used by a right handed person the head phone cable will either have to go over the users hand/arm in which case it can rub on the arm or catch on a long sleeve piece of closing.
If h/p cable is routed under the handle then it might rub against your fingers ..... depending on what type and how long the h/p cable is.
I would say a right handed user would be better of by having the h/p socket on the left side where the on/off switch is.

Q-2: How long is the coil cable ?
Specifications indicate the control box can be belt/chest mounted, if so the coil cable need to be no less than 1.85m (6') in order to be comfortable for a person between 1.6m to 2.0m.

At least it's shown with a lazy "S" hand grip and a thin rubber cover, so for us that like Red Racer grip we have a mod. to do.

ivanll

Kellyco advertised Availability: Out Of Stock ............... sounds familiar?

The unit was tested by both right and left handed users and no issues were reported.
The cable length is 7+ ft.
Kellyco does not have it in stock yet because we are shipping them this week.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 01:52 by Nokta Detectors »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Central West NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 14
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 00:23 »
The headphone socket causes no issues to a right handed operator...this i can assure you...cause im right handed....and if left handed...its the difference between 3 inches to one side in favor of left handed operators..??
The "S" bend shaft is no different to use then that of many other makes and models.
I suggest before you make an idiot of yourself picking on things that matter little...you look at the same things on other makes and models you have in your arsenal. Or are they perfect?...in that case you have no need to own/operate a Nokta/Makro unit....unfortunately...its not the case is it.?
For instance...have you used a 705?...did you notice where the headphone socket is located.?....problematic for those left handed operators, hay wot.? Thats just one make/model....no need to continue.?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Lots
  • Oldest find: A rock...i believe its pretty old...lol
believe

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 12:40 »
The headphone socket causes no issues to a right handed operator...this i can assure you...cause im right handed....and if left handed...its the difference between 3 inches to one side in favor of left handed operators..??
The "S" bend shaft is no different to use then that of many other makes and models.
I suggest before you make an idiot of yourself picking on things that matter little...you look at the same things on other makes and models you have in your arsenal. Or are they perfect?...in that case you have no need to own/operate a Nokta/Makro unit....unfortunately...its not the case is it.?
For instance...have you used a 705?...did you notice where the headphone socket is located.?....problematic for those left handed operators, hay wot.? Thats just one make/model....no need to continue.?

Thank you mister . . . . . ???

Your assurances have proved to be as valued/creditable as a layby or gift card at Dick Smith.  ;D

ivanll

X-Terras have a comfortable hand grip angle and h/p socket on left ........... I like it. :)
Red Racer also have a comfortable angle on the "S" handle. ;)  so why change it !
Gold Bug Pro nice "S" bend angle and h\p socket x2 on the left  but the rubber grip was to thin for my liking so I changed it.  :)

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=14340.msg146002#msg146002

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 17:28 »
Ivan, do you actually read what it is you post.?

And your happy the same thing is happening to left handed users of the 705 for instance.?...you like it....but gripe about it happening on other makes and models.?...really!!? ::)

Your input is truly valuable also...really it is. ;D

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 20:43 »
This is a Nokta Au Gold Finder thread the tongue in cheek question above was directed at Nokta as they are the only ones here expected to know the answer . . . . . which they in turn gave.

Thank you.

ivanll

Offline Shane-o88

• Platinum

20%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 793

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 21:47 »
No offense to anyone but I appreciate Ivan's reviews. I have read a couple not just nokta/macro. Keep it up Ivan. I especially enjoyed your thread with the ATX as that's what I have. You really do tell it exactly how it is and that helps potential buyers make a decision.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total (trial run) 2 man operation: over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.
2018 gold total for our 2 man operation: 0 so far,just are coming up

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 01:36 »

This is a Nokta Au Gold Finder thread the tongue in cheek question above was directed at Nokta as they are the only ones here expected to know the answer . . . . . which they in turn gave.

Thank you.

And they get the answers from.???

The unit was tested by both right and left handed users and no issues were reported.

The people entrusted to test such things without being silly about it.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 11:46 »
And they get the answers from.???

The people entrusted to test such things without being silly about it.

Your injections here seem to be for no other reason than of a self serving nature and to interrupt ::)

If you have any useful brand/product knowledge you care to share, then here is your opportunity ..... after all one assume you are still a Garrett dealer/representative ..... or not. ?

http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28790.0
http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=28784.0

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 11:49 »
Latest email from Nokta regarding the Au Gold Racer.

"This device is a private label device exclusively sold by Kellyco."

Offline Nokta Detectors

• Board Moderator
  • Bronze

0%
    • Nokta Detectors
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 18
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2016, 20:27 »
Latest email from Nokta regarding the Au Gold Racer.

"This device is a private label device exclusively sold by Kellyco."

Let me rephrase that as - it is exclusively distributed by Kellyco. We cannot sell directly to resellers or end-users but Kellyco will sell all. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Nokta & Makro

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 18:46 »

If you have any useful brand/product knowledge you care to share, then here is your opportunity

One only needs to look at the Nokta/Makro section of this forum, and other forums to see such information.
And your assumption is incorrect....Garrett is only one brand...there are others.

I simply corrected your misinformation regarding the H/P mounting point on the AU Finder as being problematic. To some people contemplating that Make/Model detector, it could be seen as good information.? No other agenda im afraid.

Offline Marty

• Gold

30%
    • I live in: Hawkesbury River Region NSW Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88

• Total Badges: 44
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts The Gold Ring Returned an Item Coin Of the Month Winner Coin of the year Half Soveriegn The Crown Comm Penny Nugget over an Ounce Full Sovereign 500 Posts
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 18:36 »
Hey Owen 
What happened with the NSW Nokta dealer ?
I know you know ;-)
Marty
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Old -GP3000/3500, GPX 4000,4500, GB1 , GPX5000, current XTerra705 , ForsGold, CTX3030 , SDC2300 , GPZ7000
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel , 1806 & 07 George III half penny, 1823 & 25 Farthing , 1825 George IV Penny ,1876 20 Mark Gold German Wilhelm I, 1889 Queen Vic Jubilee Head Double Florin, 1937 Australian Crown, lost gold ring over 120yr ago, returned property owner
"Just Dig It and it will come"

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 10:32 »
Hey Owen
I know you know ;-)
Marty

Good Question !

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

10%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 965

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 21:19 »
Ivan id give up on this product and let them fend for themselves, this section should have never been allowed to happen it has devastated this forum
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Narrawa

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 22:36 »
Hey Owen
I know you know ;-)
Marty
The NSW dealer/distributor has ceased trading with Nokta/Makro. The product is going just fine with the other dealers throughout oz..Vic/QLD/SA.
Warranty/repair work will continue with the NSW dealer till such times as the other dealers are up to speed.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 12:46 »
Nokta did make a couple of unfortunate Oz dealer choices ......... but they saw/listened and got rid of the rot. :police:
Good for them ............ even better for their customers. ;D

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 11:34 »
Got a tracking ## indicating one is in transit with Australia post. 8) ......

........ and so it was ! ;D

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:45 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 18:39 »
Findings when using headphones with wire, on this side of equator.

As used with Nokta issued Philips SHP1900 left and Right hand ....... Right hand use with coily cord.

Use no head phones or go wireless and have no issue! ;)

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:51 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2016, 18:03 »
While going to a beach to test the Whites Surf PI Pro the Au Gold finder came along to see how it would fare on a wet beach near water.

Passing over an expanse of dry sand with the detector on, it sounded off with a good loud audio with the Green LED showing, that made me stop for a quick check, after removing a few layers of dry sand without finding the source of the loud signal in the scraped area, it was time to get the pinpointer engaged.
Target had been moved, after a while the pinpointer eventually got within target detection range, this first target turned out to be a 925 backing for an ear stud.

Second target was the tiny imitation of a coin, hang around for a while to check out other detectable loud targets showing the Green LED indicator, one turned out to be a 50¢ coin.

If one have the patience this detector could be very useful for finding micro jewellery including fine Gold chains.

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:38 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 18:40 »
No devastation at my end, just more material for a smiley.  :D

ivanll
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 10:38 by ivanll »

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 11:03 »
Did this change for the better, as AU Gold Finder is now available from an Australian dealer ...... hopefully not via USA as it would be a long way around.

Had an opportunity to compare/test AU Gold Finder and a GM-1000 ..... I'm happy with the AU Gold Finder.

ivanll

Offline PhaseTech

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 5
    Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 12:35 »
Not via USA :)

• Detector(s) owned/used: SDC, GPX, GPZ, Fors, Vaquero, Bandido II umax, CTX
  • Oldest find: 1700s Chinese Coin

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

30%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2017, 22:08 »
Another very urgent delivery. 

• Detector(s) owned/used: Vallon Whites v3i, Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

clip
nokta fors gold does find gold

Started by californiagold on Nokta

21 Replies
Last post January 22, 2017, 13:08
by ivanll
xx
Nokta Fors Gold

Started by Wazza/Amechia on Nokta

13 Replies
Last post December 10, 2014, 09:30
by Wazza/Amechia
xx
nokta gold machine

Started by pepper on Nokta

16 Replies
Last post November 21, 2014, 22:17
by Nokta Detectors
xx
Regarding my review of the Nokta FORS Gold

Started by Steve Herschbach on Nokta

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2015, 22:30
by Nokta Detectors
clip
fors gold small coil and nokta pointer

Started by californiagold on Nokta

0 Replies
Last post March 22, 2015, 16:14
by californiagold
xx
Nokta Fors Gold Metal Detector review for very highly mineralized ground.

Started by crampo on Nokta

1 Replies
Last post December 14, 2014, 22:28
by Wazza/Amechia
xx
Nokta

Started by ivanll on Nokta

7 Replies
Last post December 12, 2014, 17:42
by Nokta Detectors

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network