collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  comparisons of mxsport vs mx5 & mxt.  (Read 881 times)

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

• Fill this by Posting :)
    20%
    • I live in: Close to the shear water .
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 07:02 by beepn »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites v3i, Whites Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db
Horse sense is the result of stable thinking.

Offline tony

• Copper

6.67%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 18
    Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: comparisons of mxsport vs mx5 & mxt.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 14:23 »
Thanks Ray,
I'll have a look at that clip later....I think the MX5 will suit my style of hunting. Simple machine to use with no "bells and whistles" that I'll never use.
I nearly picked up another Tesoro but I loved the MXT style of detector so the MX5 won out.
Keep well,
Tony
  • Detector(s) owned/used: AQ1B(SAT/20uS) > CZ21 > PI PRO > MX5 > GPX4500

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
    • I live in: n.e. tassie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3007

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 20:33 »
Interesting in the first video their tests certainly make the MXS look superior , but when you look through American forums there is so many posts by new MXS owners who have quickly moved back to the MXT .  From my limited experience with the MX 5 it appears to have superior separation to the MXT but then i have not run the MXT with the Mars Sniper coil that is fitted to my MX 5 . This week i dug a halfpenny with the MX 5 that had 5 nails surrounding it , that impressed me . The same spot had been flogged with both the MXT ,  fores  Relic , and the the Gold Racer as it was where i found my gold fob medallion ! I guess it just goes to prove the old adage that "there is always something left ". The biggest fault with the MX 5  in my opinion is the quiet audio , it's best used with headphones by deaf blokes like me .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline tony

• Copper

6.67%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 21:34 »
I know a lot of people who think that if a detector isn't high end then it must be low end....nothing could be further from the truth.
The MX5 looks like a "work-horse" detector for sure plus I got it new at a great price from the USA......I also got the Eclipse 5.3 coil and the Detech 6" DD (half price each :) )

I read somewhere that the "chirpiness" of the MX5 put some people off....reminds me of the MXT and I loved it !

HH
Tony

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 09:15 »
Yep the MX 5 is a bit chirpy but i find it's more a background chatter as it sorts it's way through the ground and rubbish . It's easy to put up with , unlike my fores Relic which is so chatty that i find i can only use it for a couple of hours as i seem to go into a sensory overload and start missing targets among all that noise . I will now use my MX 5 for cleaning up after i've picked up all the easy targets with the MXT . Reckon you will love your MX 5 , good luck Tony .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline tony

• Copper

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49 »
I just saw your profile......you must be close to Ray (Beepn). He moved to Shearwater a couple of years ago....used to live two doors from me.
No dollar coins were safe when he lived here..........the man was a human vacuum when it came to detecting goldies. I learn't a lot from him over 15 years :)
HH
Tony

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

20%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 18:26 »
Hi Tony,
I am about 140 klms  from Whitehunter. I have been down their once as son Jason come across from W.A. to ride bmx freestyle and do a demonstration  which was held in the hanger at the airport.
Cols daughter goes with a guy from the town so when the weather picks up i will go down and detect his farm with him.
I have some good spots in Perth in the back of my mind so will be back their in 2018 all being well.
Regards Ray.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites v3i, Whites Dual Field e-trac, Quattro, Exterra 70, Sovereign xs, Whites Goldmaster, Whites p.i. Minelab 2100, Aquasport, Garrett a2b, Garrett Deepseeker, Garrett bfo, Bridge Wright, Bounty Hunter rb7, Bounty Hunter rb5, Whites 6000d, Whites 6db

Offline tony

• Copper

6.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 20:41 »
Make sure you let me know when you're in town....love to catch up with you !!
Tony

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 22:13 »
I just saw your profile......you must be close to Ray (Beepn). He moved to Shearwater a couple of years ago....used to live two doors from me.
No dollar coins were safe when he lived here..........the man was a human vacuum when it came to detecting goldies. I learn't a lot from him over 15 years :)
HH
Tony

Now i know how Ray could afford to buy at Sheerwater ! That area has become very trendy and expensive in the last few years , also is a very old area with a lot of activity from the 1830's onwards . Much has probably been covered up but something must be left . Still got the coffee hot here Ray if your over this way and have some time .  

Offline beepn

• Silver
  • detecting since 1977

20%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:24 »
Will give you a yell when i come down to the port. 
Regards Ray.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam