collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Whites MX Sport at the beaches ????  (Read 1611 times)

Offline raffles8888

• Copper
  • Gold Coast Metal Detectorist - Recovery Service

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Southport , Queensland .
    • roberttansey79.wixsite.com/gcmetaldetectorist
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 156

• Total Badges: 21
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Whites MX Sport at the beaches ????
« on: August 06, 2016, 14:57 »
Who owns one ?
Are they a good beach detector as they say they are ?
Price : Aussie $1400s ..? Waterproof ?
I want to know a lot more about this (2016) detector ?
Its nice to see Whites making new ones again.
Show members the goods Gold/Silver ect....from your beach finds
cheers
guys

Raffles....

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=29728.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detectors I use: Mirage Pi , Minelab Sovereign GT , Crossbow Classic PI , Minelab Excalibur 2 .
  • Oldest find: Australian Silver coins from 1910's - 1930s.

Offline flcooper1

• Silver

10%
    • I live in: Forrestfield, Western Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 519

• Total Badges: 22
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Whites MX Sport at the beaches ????
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 23:06 »
YouTube videos done by She Detector with the MX Sport on Florida beaches.
Not definitive but will give you some idea.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: SD 2100, GPX 4000, X-Terra 705, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Deteknix Diver, Garrett Sea Hunter Mk2, XP Deus, Garrett ATX, Excalibur 2
  • Oldest find: 1828 George iv sixpencde

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
    • I live in: n.e. tassie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3341

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 20:51 »
With the problems the MX sport has had since it's introduction i wouldn't be rushing into one . From other forums in Aust and USA there seems to have been some firmware upgrades already , don't know if these have been available in Aust or only USA  . Also a problem with screens cracking which Whites are blaming on a too hard grade of rubber seal . It does appear that it goes ok in fresh water but in the salt knocking sensitivity waaaay back seems to be the only way to tame it . I usually run my MXT around 8-9 on the salt , although i have developed a high noise tolerance and can still pick the good signals digging some pretty deep targets , so it looks as though there is still a way to go with the MX sport . It also appears that it's been taken off the market in the USA at the moment which cannot be a good sign . Give them another 12 months to get it right and then have a look . If your beach focused then a multi frequency or pi machine be a better option .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 866

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 05:56 »
An electronics man here in Swan Hill has developed some type of modification for the Whites. He said they run quite and still have depth.  He said he has been in contact with Whites in America.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
  • Liked:

Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year Third year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 07:45 »
An electronics man here in Swan Hill has developed some type of modification for the Whites. He said they run quite and still have depth.  He said he has been in contact with Whites in America.

I hope he is right Rwork , i also hope Whites take notice if he is right , as going by reports on US forums the introduction of this machine has been a debacle . I was keen on having a waterproof MXT myself so have followed all reports since it's intro , but so far it seems the MX sport has been a dud .
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ebay cheapo , Coinmaster , White's mxt pro ,Minelab 2100 , White's Surf P I . Makro Gold Racer , Nokta fors Relic , Whites MX 5
  • Oldest find: 1854 penny , 1816 shilling , cartwheel penny , 1895 gold sovereign , 1842 Groat

Offline Dick Stout

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Rowlett Texas
    • Stout Standards
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 11
    Second year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 01:36 »
Lots of nice finds here in the US with the Sport. I have one on the way and I will give you my take on it (for what that is worth) down the road a piece...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: MXT Pro, MXT Sport and TreasureMaster
  • Oldest find: 1796 Large cent (error coin as well)
You can never eat too much pasta or have too many pugs....

Offline whitehunter

• Platinum
  • Just one more swing !

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19 »
Will be very interested in your opinion Dick . Going by US forums lately it does seem that they have ironed out the bugs in the restarted production units , the trick is not getting caught  with an older SH model . I love my MXT Pro so if the sport comes up trumps and being waterproof too it makes it a very attractive machine to me .

Offline Dick Stout

• Copper

0%
    • Stout Standards
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 00:38 »
The leaking problem reminded me of the old Garrett AT4 back in the fall of 1988/89. I was director of marketing then and we put that machine through a zillion tests, but as soon as we put them on the market they leaked like a sieve.  They were coming back left and right and we finally found the rubber sealing ring to be the culprit. 
I started working for Charles in January of the same year and they were already about to release "their" first computerized detector, the Grandmaster. After trying it out in the field I told them it kept shutting down on me, but they wouldn't believe me. Here again the rush to get it on the market in the spring caused major problems and they too started coming back.  The solution to the shutting down? A contact in the battery compartment. We bent it a fraction of an inch.....problem solved. 
I walked into a hornets nest the year I started working for Garrett and as I look back I am sorry I ever took the job.

Offline Dick Stout

• Copper

0%
    • Stout Standards
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 02:26 »
I've had the MX Sport not quite two weeks and I am really enjoying. It's balanced and easy to swing. So glad they are going away from the bread box design.
So far I've only worked in the disc mode (coins/jewelry) but I love the 8 tone ID and for the first time ever the damn target is squarely in the middle of the coil (though I suspect other Sport coils may not react that way).
I will report more next week if the nice weather holds. A basic report can be found at:
https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2016/11/21/the-mx-sport-lukey-dukey-and-big-tony-from-bayonne/#more-21895

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 07:36 »
Good to see your happy with the new rig Dick. I also enjoyed Tony's story about finding the ring.

Offline Dick Stout

• Copper

0%
    • Stout Standards
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 03:40 »
I am not the detail oriented detectorist that others are (used to be) and my reviews reflect that....sorry. The older you get the less complicated you want your life.
https://stoutstandards.wordpress.com/2016/11/27/more-scattershooting/#more-21959

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 06:29 »
http://www.sanantoniomdc.com/contact/
Worth contacting them and asking about the 1999 issue you were chasing. I know they have early issues in their library and they could put out a call to members asking if anyone has it.
http://www.sanantoniomdc.com/classifieds/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 06:32 by Rwork »

smiley
Whites MX Sport

Started by ivanll on Whites

5 Replies
Last post August 16, 2017, 16:25
by ivanll
xx
Whites mx5

Started by gribbub on Whites

7 Replies
Last post August 09, 2017, 14:56
by tony