collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  G'day from Ramjet  (Read 795 times)

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • Ramjet  Metal Detecting on Youtube
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 529

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    One year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
G'day from Ramjet
« on: November 08, 2016, 15:12 »
G'day all.  ;D

My name is Rod and I am a Taurus who loves pina coladas, getting caught in the rain. LOL

My interest in prospecting and treasure hunting was awakened when I was away for a weekend with my lovely lady and caught an episode of the first season of Gold Rush Alaska on foxtel. Before that I didn't even know that the average person could go look for gold and gems in Australia. Unfortunately there is no gold close to me so instead of buying an expensive gold detector I would only use 2 or 3 times a year I got a coin/relic detector. Actually my wife bought me an At Pro for my 50th.

Being an avid history buff I soon became addicted to detecting old coins and other treasures from my area. I still go gold hunting a couple of times a year, mostly just using pans and small sluices. When life allows I will buy a dedicated gold detector and get more serious about it, but for now I am very happy to be a coin and relic hunter.

I have met some great people through forums and fakebook. Been on a couple of organized group camps and I detect regularly with a great bunch of locals. The Newcastle, Hunter Valley area has many detectorists and we get together in pairs and small and larger groups on a regular basis. I met up with rocketaroo when he first started detecting to hold his hand and help him out. We are now good mates and detect together on a regular basis. Recently it has been less often as our work and family commitments get in the way. If there is anyone in the area wants to meet up or get some advice, give me a shout out. I have a few detectors so can give an idea of what the different machines offer.

After almost 3 years using the At Pro I bought an XP Deus about 6 months ago. I think is an awesome machine, so light and with many settings to play with if that is your thing. I have recently added a CTX 3030 to me collection and I am in the process of working it out. So many people rave about it so I had to see what all the fuss is about.  ;)

I love finding the unusual relics and toy guns and matchbox cars are some of my favourite things to dig up.

I encourage all members both old and new to add their story to this introduction topic.

Cheers and best of luck in your treasure hunt, whatever that is.  ;D

Some of my fav finds.....

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=30574.0
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 15:14 by Ramjet »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, Garrett At Pro, Ace 250. CTX 3030. Aldi for the grandkids and an old mid 70's wall hanger.
  • Oldest find: 1807 George III Halfpenny and 1806 or 07 Large penny. Oldest silver 1854 threepence.
Touch the frog.

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

16.67%
    • I live in: Clunes Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1250

• Total Badges: 32
    Eighth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
Re: G'day from Ramjet
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 15:55 »
sure is a nice collection of coins & relics RJ  :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
  • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
pirate monkeys do it in the sea

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 15:57 »
sure is a nice collection of coins & relics RJ  :)

I am luck enough to live in an old area that hasn't had a lot of new development. Getting harder to find new sites now.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus, Garrett At Pro, Ace 250. CTX 3030. Aldi for the grandkids and an old mid 70's wall hanger.
  • Oldest find: 1807 George III Halfpenny and 1806 or 07 Large penny. Oldest silver 1854 threepence.

Offline rocketaroo

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 16:12 »
hiya, ya grumpy old bugger. You remind me of someone, who used to find more silver than me ;)

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 16:15 »
hiya, ya grumpy old bugger. You remind me of someone, who used to find more silver than me ;)

Bahaha. Nearly a nice comeback Rocket.

Offline jm94

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 120

• Total Badges: 21
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 16:39 »
maybe 1 or 2 decent finds there.... aside from all the awesome ones.

Love the pair of six shooters, found in the same area?

Welcome Ramjet
  • Oldest find: 1947 Florin
That'll do, never does.

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 17:18 »
maybe 1 or 2 decent finds there.... aside from all the awesome ones.

Love the pair of six shooters, found in the same area?

Welcome Ramjet

The 2 pistols are the same model found many kays apart and are probably my all time favourite finds. Managed to get both of them on video too.  ;D
Anothyer fav is the Grey 1920s or 30s toy cay. It is made of lead.

Offline Ramjet

• Silver

0%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 17:20 »
I forgot to mention that I also enjoy making videos of my detecting adventures though it's been a while since I uploaded any.

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

83.33%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 654

• Total Badges: 33
    Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 17:28 »
Awesome colletome collection of stuff there mate.

YES it has been a while since we saw any new video's from ramjet productions.

Great Bunch of pics mate.

Clegy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax, GPX 5000
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. Metal Detectors Australia

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything