collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Fors CoRe  (Read 816 times)

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

• Fill this by Posting :)
    43.33%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Fors CoRe
« on: December 14, 2016, 17:29 »
Is the Fors CoRe better than a Whites GMT?

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=30784.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Fors CoRe
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 15:52 »

For what I use a detector for the FORS Core have far more versatility than the GMT.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 21:07 »
Does that mean that the Fors  CoRe can be used ok in the gold fields and as a coin, jewellery  and relic detector?
I have been tossing up whether to get a Fors CoRe (Used)  or GMT to replace my nicked gold bug Pro? The Pro performed quite well at the beach.

I notice that you like the Fors Gold at the beach. Would that be a better bet than the CoRe
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 21:09 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 00:50 »
Of the two FORS Gold and FORS CoRe, I would choose the FORS CoRe it's more versatile than the FORS Gold by having an extra mode called "COG" Conductive Ground (Beach Mode).

Both detectors use same 15kHz operating frequency, FORS Gold can be used on WA ground where a GMT is struggling, it also have Disc/ID Modes for when in old timers gold field camp areas where there is usually heaps of yesteryear's left behinds.

So Yes the FORS CoRe can be used OK in our gold fields and as a coin, jewellery, relic and beach detector.

Keep in mind, there are now a FORS Gold+ and a FORS Relic both 19kHz units with even more features, both of which I have not tried.

ivanll 

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:13 »
Thanks for the info Ivanll.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 07:27 »
Of the two FORS Gold and FORS CoRe, I would choose the FORS CoRe it's more versatile than the FORS Gold by having an extra mode called "COG" Conductive Ground (Beach Mode).

Both detectors use same 15kHz operating frequency, FORS Gold can be used on WA ground where a GMT is struggling, it also have Disc/ID Modes for when in old timers gold field camp areas where there is usually heaps of yesteryear's left behinds.

So Yes the FORS CoRe can be used OK in our gold fields and as a coin, jewellery, relic and beach detector.

Keep in mind, there are now a FORS Gold+ and a FORS Relic both 19kHz units with even more features, both of which I have not tried.

ivanll

HI Ivanll.

Am wondering what you thought of the side display on the Core. It appears as though it would be a pain having to tilt the detector every time you wanted to look at the display in order to see what the detector is showing you, meaning that scanning has to be interrupted??

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:48 by Adrian ss »

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 741

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 14:06 »
I used one a few times and the side screen was annoying as was the overloading on close signals. I think they would be worth a try in junky areas.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 20:40 »
The detector should not overload on small targets like rings and coins no matter how close to the coil they are. Sounds like the pre amp gain is set too sensitive or maybe some other cct in the unit is set a bit too touchy??

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 22:04 »

HI Ivanll.

Am wondering what you thought of the side display on the Core. It appears as though it would be a pain having to tilt the detector every time you wanted to look at the display in order to see what the detector is showing you, meaning that scanning has to be interrupted??

The screen on the side is mainly used when setting the unit up and for when adjustment is required, but it also display useful information while hunting.
Once set up the most used information while hunting is also conveniently displayed on the little screen in the handle.
Since the big screen is on the left side and when used by a right handed person it can be hard to see some of the displayed information while the detector is in use, simply because most people can only rotate their right arm app. 90° clockwise with the detector in hand, so a bit of neck bending is also required for proper viewing.

No need for despair, there is a simple fix/solution.

ivanll

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 07:04 »
Well I guess I could mount a mirror on the side.  ;D Or maybe mount the box with the screen facing upwards, or maybe just use my Safari. ::)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 11:34 »
Using the Safari is a splendid option.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 20:59 by ivanll »

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

43.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 16:29 »
Yes even though I find the Saf to be a bit chirpy over even lightly iron mineralised ground where my Sov XS  runs smooth as silk. The Saf is as smooth as silk on salt beaches..

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

83.33%
  • Liked:

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 15:06 »

HI Ivanll.

Moved the display screen from left to right side by no more than moving the mounting bracket.

Having the screen on the right side when detector is used right handed make all the info visible with a with a slight anticlockwise arm twist, even the cursor indicator at the top can be seen without interrupting a slow scanning.

The screen info is now also conveniently visible/available, if the detector is used on the left arm ..... or by a left handed person.

The FORS Core is just as capable of detecting Gold as the FORS Gold ...... and it has an additional beach mode with auto GB.

The overload feature is actually quite useful when hunting for coins in a city park as it tell you that the target is very close, most likely just hiding in or just below the grass so there is no need to dig a big or deep plug and then attach it from the bottom. (often seen in some videos)

ivanll
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 14:37 by ivanll »

xx
FORS CoRe Feedback

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

10 Replies
Last post September 02, 2015, 20:03
by rocketaroo
xx
FORS CORE REVIEW FROM USA EXPERT (MONTE) - 3RD PAGE

Started by Nokta Detectors on Nokta

0 Replies