collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  One Year in Business who would have thunk it!  (Read 877 times)

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

• Fill this by Posting :)
    83.33%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 654

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
One Year in Business who would have thunk it!
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:34 »
Hi Detectorists,

This is a bit of a self backpat, but I wanted to communicate just how fair dinkum this guy called Clegy is about the Detecting Industry and about my very small part in it. "The hardest thing to sell is yourself." as they say and that has proven to be my biggest hurdle in the last year.

Despite the warnings of financial ruin, emotional torture and the expectations that it would all fail from everyone but myself I am proud to say that Detectorist.com.au has not only survived it's first year in business it has THRIVED and I look forward to an exciting 2017.

More XP Deus units went to new Australian owners in 2016 than any other year previously, In fact it was over double but not quite close enough to triple for me to claim it.! LOL

Detectorists in Australia are starting to see that the Deus is a serious alternative to the Blue Bricks and those that are taking the plunge are loving it! 
People are also starting to see that my company can back our supply with service, support, advice and cover you if something goes wrong and I think this is Just as Important as having a quality product and probably more so.

It doesn't matter how good your products are if your service and aftersales support is lacklustre. I pride myself on my service levels and my 300+ customers can vouch for that.

Now none of this could have been achieved without the support of the detecting community in general. I mostly sell detectors to people that are upgrading and that have knowledge of what they are looking for. These people are not stupid and in most cases have many more years detecting experience than I do and perhaps will ever have.

For them to Number 1 Choose my brands and Number 2, actually choose me to supply it to them is an honour and a privilege and many customers have turned into friends and detecting buddies.

I just want to personally thank those that have supported me and my small burgeoning business and to say that 2017 will be an exciting year and I hope to meet many more of you on the road in my travels.

So I am in a really good mood, I mean a really really good mood so if you're thinking about getting into a Deus then it might be a good time to give me a call.
(the sales man got out then, get back in there!!!) 

Just yesterday I took delivery of another shipment of XP deus machines so I have the full range IN stock and I even have the hard cases to go with them.
FULL Warranty center is in operation (But not getting used, thank god) and I have your back for everything Deus related in Australia.

In Breaking News and something that may not be a big deal to some, the NEW XP boxes now have an AU symbol on them as XP have seen how serious I am about building the brand here in Australia. Like I said NOT a big deal to some but a MASSIVE deal for me and for Australian Users of XP deus. 

For my Other Brands
 MarsMD stock will be late february
R&B Batteries are in stock and more being ordered now.
Land or sea Pinpointers in stock
C-scope CS4PI In stock and a wider range of C-scopes coming soon.
Exciting news about a little device I came across in Victoria, Its a pinpointer but not like I have seen and it's a pretty cool piece of kit. More later on that.

I continue to build relationships with overseas suppliers and local manufacturers and am always on the lookout for quality products to add to the store. The range will increase quite a lot over the next 12 months and beyond.

So again Thanks for the support, help, advice and criticism it has all lead me to where I am now and I appreciate every word of it.

The Future is Bright for Detectorist.com.au and the Brands that I support and who in turn support Australian Detectorists.

Happy Hunting
Clegy
Justin Cleghorn
http://detectorist.com.au 

P.S Special Mentions to Lost Treasures (Justin Millman) in Brisbane and 
Goanna Gold Detectors (Bob and Judy Buss) in Greta NSW.
Really appreciate the ongoing support. These guys took a punt on me and are starting to see great results.
Thankyou.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=30865.0
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. Metal Detectors Australia

Offline Way2Go

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Cherrybrook
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

• Total Badges: 7
    One year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Re: One Year in Business who would have thunk it!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 14:06 »
Congratulations on your First Year.
While I have not jumped over to the Deus yet, I am very happy with your support reference any enquiries and must also that you for taking my call a couple of months back, when you were evidently looking after the next Generation of Detectorists.
May 2107 be better than 2016 for your growing business. I look forward to seeing all the exciting products you are passionately telling us about. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V/SAT, Minlab Quattro, Whites GMT, Whites TDI Pro OZ
  • Oldest find: 1861 coin

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

33.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 234

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 15:35 »
Lets hope 2017 is smooth sailing, would be good to see some of the members who haven't logged on in a while return to the fold, I notice they are not active on other Forums as well.......cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline BrisGazza

• Gold

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane North
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 910

• Total Badges: 34
    500 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Rams Head Shilling Returned an Item Commonwealth Halfpenny Wheat Three Pence Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Rising Sun The Gold Ring
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 18:33 »
I would like to wish you all the best with the business Justin , after recently making my 2nd purchase from you i feel that you offer & deliver a great & speedy service . Thankyou again mate , Gazza 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A T Pro International , Garrett Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel Penny - 1881 Half Sovereign
Gazza

Offline Justafisho

• Silver

30%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 244

• Total Badges: 19
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 19:04 »
The first year is generally the toughest. I'd imagine all those that gave advice about "going to rack and ruin" were not business owners themselves. I have jumped over to the deus side....Love it! I did however find your service second to none. Thankyou.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

Offline xcvator

• Copper
  • Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

0%
    • I live in: Somerville Victoria
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 8
    One year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 19:35 »
Well done Clegy, just a word from a retired business owner, get a good accountant coz your tax bill can put you out of business real quick if you have a good 1st year
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus

Offline Ian__Davies

• Copper
  • Just one more hole....

0%
    • I live in: Wollongong, NSW
    • Davo Digs
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33

• Total Badges: 25
    Third year Anniversary 50 Posts Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny The Gold Ring Sixpence 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:14 »
Congrats on the first year, great achievement.  I hope 2017 brings you more success!
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-terra 505
  • Oldest find: 1911 COA Penny

Offline John-au

• Silver

40%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189

• Total Badges: 40
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 12:43 »
Good to hear things are working out Clegy even with the Aust Post costs you have absorbed in some of the dealings with me.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam