collapse

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Hi from Geelong Victoria.  (Read 481 times)

Offline lowandslow

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Bannockburn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 1
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post
Hi from Geelong Victoria.
« on: April 25, 2017, 17:12 »
Firstly, what a wonderful site that has stacks of information, helpful feed back and excellent moderation.  We are really enjoying being a new member of this community.
Detecting has been a wonderful 'Medicine' for myself and my family.  I have really connected with the childrens sense of adventure and not knowing what we will find.  My youngest son calls it 'land fishing'.
Our finds promote lively discussion on the field about their suspected reason why this coin was here and who may have lost it.  Detecting has also fueled their researching skills and they just love anything that has words on it so that they can research it when they get home.
I love the randomness that the finds can sometimes be.  If only we could see into the past and understand why this item was dropped, lost, dumped etc.
I have been detecting with a minelab xterra 705 for about 12 months and have constantly gained more and more confidence with it. We also have a Garrett pin pointer that makes recovery much quicker and tidier.  I have educated into the kids that we take EVERYTHING away with us and bin the junk on the way home.  Also to leave the dig looking like we had never been there.
Again thanks for a fantastic site and I look forward to gaining more skills and experience from the community.

Cheers.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=31430.0

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 737

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: Hi from Geelong Victoria.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 19:40 »
Welcome to the forum lowandslow. Good to read that the kids are interested also. Our members map seems to have gone at the moment but i am sure we have members down your way. A new Minelab shop has just opened in Geelong and a new PMAV branch also. If you ever want to try gold prospecting give me a call and i will see if i can help.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline lowandslow

• Iron

0%
    • I live in: Bannockburn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 1
    First Post
Re: Hi from Geelong Victoria.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 20:51 »
Thanks Rwork for the greeting.  
This hobby/addiction is so much better when you can get the family involved.  I am currently trying to research some more places near to us to look for coins etc.  We have really hit our local town and have began to look wider.  We have found alot of what reads like great places to only find them now under private ownership.  Also alot of sites we have researched as 'Government commons' have been used by local councils as their own dump sites over years.  To tidy them up they cover it with fill and flatten it down.  Nothing more frustrating than digging down 3 feet and extracting an old car oil filter LOL.

Again thanks and we will have a chat some time soon about possible gold sites down this way.

Cheers.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: xtera 705

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam