* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  New member  (Read 409 times)

Offline ajrobbs

• Iron

• Fill this by Posting :)
    • I live in: Stanford Merthyr NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 1
    Badges: (View All)
    First Post
« on: July 23, 2017, 20:43 »
G'day to all, Aaron here from Hunter Region NSW, I'm 46. Some years ago I purchased a detector and did some hunting around local beaches parks etc with mixed success but always enjoyed the thrill of maybe finding something special . At that time life got in the way kids, work and so on and didn't dedicate enough time for the hobbie and it fell by the way side. I have always had a keen interest in history, old dwellings, artefacts, fossicking about. Life has now slowed I guess you could say and so I decided to dust off the detector, put in some new batteries and recommence the hobbie. My detector is a Garrett AT PRO and I have a Pin Pointer and the usual digging tools etc. I spent today relearning the modes, target ID for decimal and pre decimal coins for the AT Pro and feel ready to hunt again.  From the forum I'm keen to listen to stories from like minded people, gain tips and improve my knowledge. Happy to chat to people from Hunter Region regarding hunting for pre decimals.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett AT PRO
  • Oldest find: 1918 Australian Penny

Offline ANT1967-2

• Silver

• I live in: Victoria at the moment
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 836

• Total Badges: 10
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 21:05 »
G'day Aaron

Welcome to the forum

Hope to read posts of your finds soon

Good luck
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used - a few , Own GPX5000 , CTX3030
  • Oldest find: Gold nuggets , 1857 Gothic Florin

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 821

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 06:09 »
Welcome to the forum Aaron. The selection on the top, "Show unread post since the last visit" will keep you up to date. Once you have a few posts up more info will show on members profiles. FAQ section should help.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Online Shane-o88

• Platinum

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 788

• Total Badges: 42
    Third year Anniversary Nugget over an Ounce Coin Of the Month Winner Cricket Buckle Runner Up Gold Ring Shootout Find of the Month Winner Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny Sixpence Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 13:40 »
G'day and welcome Aaron, this must be the friendliest and most informative detecting forum I have come across, hopefully you will enjoy the site and we will see some finds from you soon. Good luck out there mate
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab sd2100 (used). I own minelab GT16000, GPX5000, garrett ATX, garrett AT pro, lesche digging tool, garrett pin pointer.
  • Oldest find: Gold, 1906 dog tag, 1866 English penny, 1733 farthing
Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold....

2015 gold rings : 22
2016 gold rings : 15
2017 gold total (trial run) 2 man operation: over 2000 nuggets, approx 50 species for a total of Approx 20 oz over 9 weeks prospecting.
2018 gold total for our 2 man operation: 0 so far,just are coming up

Offline roy cobb

• Bronze
  • I live in Sawyers Gully NSW

• Liked:
  • Likes Given: 100

• Total Badges: 23
    Nugget Under 1 Ounce Sixpence One year Anniversary Find of the Month Winner Roo Penny Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 18:53 »
Welcome to the forum Aaron and back to detecting  there a few from the Hunter here as well  and you introdution sound just like me and we are not that far apart either  I know stanford merthr very well
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 18:58 by roy cobb »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelad Eureka gold X terra 705
  • Oldest find: 1926 three pence (first as well)
Minelab Eurka gold with coilteck coils pinpointer Xterra 705 dual pack

Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam