collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300? Has anyone used?  (Read 13436 times)

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

• Fill this by Posting :)
    3.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
Re: Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300? Has anyone used?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2014, 19:31 »
I found a video put out by BH that was so so as the bit about the ground balance didn't show how to ground balance properly. Another   video is much better as it goes into the ground balance and pin pointing very thoroughly,.

• Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

6.67%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:02 »
This is a handy video for noobies and is applicable to pretty much all vlf tr discriminators with man GB.
The bit about detuning to help pinpoint a target is normal procedure  and not exclusive to the BH.
TID numbers jumping around a bit and reading differently when the target is in the ground as compared to out of the ground is a result of ground mineralisation and occurs with most visual TID detectors to some degree.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:04 by Adrian ss »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

3.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2015, 21:04 »
Howdy,
I have had a good time with this detector. I find that it works best for me with the sensitivity down to 2 bars, on the beach discrimination down to 1 R works fine with a little falsing. I find the pin point mode most useful. The loudness of the PP signal tells you the depth and the crispness of it, if it is a coin or not. It does false a little but this doesn't worry me as an actual target will of course sound off both ways. The re-chargeable s I use last fairly well with alkalines lasting longer of course. Has been  reliable and found coins in areas both where my Tracker IV and AT PRO have been before. Not the perfect machine and I don't know if I would recommend it for beginners but as a 2nd machine it would serve nicely.
Roger
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny

Offline Adrian ss

• Gold

6.67%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

• Total Badges: 20
    Sixth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 13:53 »
Just goes to prove that you do not have to spend a fortune in order to enjoy this hobby
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sea Hunter MK II, Safari, SDC 2300, 6000DI SL ,BHID,ML Stirling,GS 15000, Sov XS, Lobo ST, relic M 7,Fisher 553D & 555D,CX4PI,Infinium,Spectrum XLT.6000D,6000DI S 3, Gold Spear, Scorpion, CXII & CXIII,Pro Scan,Some Home Built VLFs & PIs and some others.
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel penny

Offline shirlbob.christoffel

• Iron

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 4
    Second year Anniversary First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39 »
Howdy all
 Just an update on the 3300 that I purchased recently. The machine has found me silvers and pre decs in places I have already been over many times with my 2 other machines. Manual ground balance, built in pinpointer ( which is ok without being brilliant ) and good discrimination of iron and four target tones make it a good value detector. Reliability ...well it feels ok, light (which all Bounty Hunters are) no loose or obviously junky bits. Will just see how it lasts.  Back to the pinpointing of the machine. I noticed on one of the YouTube videos that I watched that he found that if you re-pin pointed a 2nd time over the target it seemed to make it more precise. I have found this too. Find the target with the pin pointer, then holding it close or on it, hit the pin point button again. The signal will be much shorter and the target is in the centre of the coil  90% of the time.  Over all am happy with the machine. The thing that would make it perfect for me would be if it was waterproof, but then at the price you can't realistically expect that :) .
Roger

I found a video put out by BH that was so so as the bit about the ground balance didn't show how to ground balance properly. Another   video is much better as it goes into the ground balance and pin pointing very thoroughly,.

question
BOUNTY HUNTER VLF 2.1

Started by BOUNTYBILL on Bounty Hunter

2 Replies
Last post December 27, 2013, 19:26
by Rwork
xx
Bounty hunter iv

Started by Stewyd on Bounty Hunter

4 Replies
Last post May 25, 2012, 16:58
by Stewyd