collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  Aussie Detecting and Prospecting (AUS)  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Just all round good guy!
  • Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Point Cook, Victoria
    • Metal Detecting and Relic Hunting in Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5

• Total Badges: 45
    Badges: (View All)
    Nineth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
Aussie Detecting and Prospecting (AUS)
« on: August 04, 2011, 15:03 »
I personally haven't used them but they are a member of this forum.

Col.

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=5927.0
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
  • Oldest find: 1886 Penny
If I keep modifying this damn forum, I will never get out detecting.

Offline cashgoldsilver

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Hervey Bay
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 121

• Total Badges: 10
    Second year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Aussie Detecting and Prospecting (AUS)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 16:48 »
In a word - WOEFUL!!
Recommended by a friend - bought my Delta 4000 7 months ago.
I asked the seller (B) after payment to simply just keep me informed being my very first machine e.g. when posted - response - ZERO!!  he had my $$$$ so why bother.
Machine just turned up 1 day with NO RECEIPT!!
I asked the seller (B) for MY receipt but he refused to give it to me   :o  say what,so I thought I do not need it right now so I let it slide.
My very good friend eventually recommended that I am ready to move on buying a 5" DD coil.
I contacted the seller (B) and paid for the 5" DD Teknetics coil and was told 10 working days as per "normal" and implied that the coil was in Australia.
Weeks went by with no communication so I contacted the seller (B) with my frustration because the coil had not arrived after his commitment and he eventually admitted that HE HAD LIED TO ME with the coil NOT BEING IN AUSTRALIA!!
Yes he did give me my $$$$ back but Teknetics lost a $180.00 sale because I sourced a Sharp 5" DD coil instead.
I contacted the seller (B) yesterday after being nice as pie,but that did not work so ramped up my words trying to just get my receipt!!
Without it I cannot sell my Delta 4000 with the 4 yr plus warranty still on it or prove my ownership.
At the moment Teknetics is having a giveaway for a new machine after you register your details but I am not sure of the exact purchase date,so I cannot register for the "free" great new Teknetics machine because of lack of details.
It does not really worry me that much but for what reason would any seller (B) in the interests of customer service plus feedback (negative) and any future sales would keep your receipt after me politely asking them more than once,my mind boggles.
I have just crunched the numbers of the above poll and for the people who have done any "business" with him (B)   41.2% WOULD NOT RECOMMENDED HIM WOW!!- surely Teknetics must be very worried about any such poll don't you think.
I have emailed them lastnight seeking their support which seems crazy because ALL THAT I WANT IS MY LITTLE RECEIPT - I am waiting on their reply.
I wish that I did not have this story to post here and around the world - but I am TIME RICH so doing so is very easy for me and I also need to be heard.
Note - I could not and would not recommended this seller (B) which brings me no real joy sad to say,but this is my testimony and experience.
Have a good day.
CGS   :'(
P.S. my very best friend has been stuffed around more than me.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab SD 2000 - Coil - Standard 11" DD - Minelab Sovereign Elite - Coil - Standard Minelab 10" DD - Teknetics Delta 4000 - Coils - 5" Nel DD - 8" Standard Teknetics Concentric - Garretts Pinpointer.
  • Oldest find: 1912 British Threepence.
Cash is King - Gold is Insurance - Silver is Speculation

Offline MikeSav

• Bronze
  • I can explain it to you, not understand it for you

0%
    • I live in: Gisborne
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 19:57 »
Hmmmmmm.  Wish I had read that a month ago..........waiting nearly 4 weeks for a detector that should have been here in two. Now told it will be here next week. Hope to post some good news and a review here next week! Lets hope.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Sovereign XS-2a, Sovereign GT, CTX3030, PistolProbe, Garett ProFinder
  • Oldest find: 1879 half penny

Offline MikeSav

• Bronze
  • I can explain it to you, not understand it for you

0%
    • I live in: Gisborne
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 14:21 »
Hmmmmmm.  Wish I had read that a month ago..........waiting nearly 4 weeks for a detector that should have been here in two. Now told it will be here next week. Hope to post some good news and a review here next week! Lets hope.

Well, no good news to report so far. Very pissed off actually!!

The unit still hasn't arrived in Australia. (Due to bad weather in the U.S.???) Asked to have the order cancelled and get a refund. Was told the order can't be cancelled - I'm stuck with it, but I don't know when I'll get it. Not bad since it has been paid for in full.

I requested getting my money back and only leaving a deposit until the unit arrives. This was agreed, but I have to leave a full 30% deposit. Hopefully the balance will be credited back to my bank account in 3 to 5 days.

I'm still happy and willing to post a positive review if the customer service and communication improves, but the way things are going, I highly doubt this is going to end well.

Never Again.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Sovereign XS-2a, Sovereign GT, CTX3030, PistolProbe, Garett ProFinder
  • Oldest find: 1879 half penny

Offline pepper

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Tamworthless, NSW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12

• Total Badges: 35
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 13:01 »
It beggars belief that a 'dealer' doesent have stock on the shelves?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: E-Trac + propointer
  • Oldest find: 1740-1754 George II halfpenny chinese coin unknown date
A silver a day keeps the doctor away.

Offline Kiwidigger

• Copper

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 9
    Third year Anniversary 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 17:37 »
Been waiting 3 weeks for my sand shark to come in :-( .

Offline goldpick

• Gold

16.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 478

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 17:43 »
Probably because manufacturers can pull your dealership out from under you at a moments notice.  Happened to the last Australian Tesoro and Garrett distributors, leaving them with $$$ of stock that they couldn't sell as an official dealer.  Though dealers should be absolutely transparent with what stock is on hand, what needs to be ordered in, and the terms of the sale. 
Would be good if dealers could supply purchasers with real time tracking details if items need to be ordered from abroad, would take a lot of guess work out of trying to figure the status of the order vs continually relying on the dealer for that info.  If we weren't locked out from buying abroad direct from the manufacturer, we would be supplied with full tracking details to see where the the order is at, don't see why it should be any different if ordering locally through an authorised agent.
Another thing to consider is what form of postage is used by dealers, it is air freight, or is it arriving via sea which keeps costs down for the dealer, but may take weeks to get here.  Maybe they should give you the option of paying a bit more for the quickest form of postage if it is unreasonable to be absorbed into the initial purchase price.   Once again, these sorts of things should be outlined in the terms of sale, or at least offered as an option.
I am not on here to make excuses for any such dealers/distributors, just think there must be a better to do business both from the dealership and respective manufacturers, otherwise people will look at other options for their purchase.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline tony

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 18
    Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 19:53 »
Yep, something is wrong somewhere. 12 weeks to get my CZ21.
I just want to preface my post by mentioning things may have been beyond Brad's control when ordering certain detectors (Fisher). Maybe Goldscan were mucking him around as they are the one's who import directly from the USA and then on-ship to Brad.
Got the "bad weather in USA" excuse as well.
Blamed the shipping company in the USA and then Customs......
The main problem is poor communications...keep the customer advised is a good starting point.

But I got the older $1299 price so I am very happy at the end of the day..... :) 

( lucky you got it at all Tony, plenty of others didn't receive anything for money paid.  Rwork)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:06 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: AQ1B(SAT/20uS) > CZ21 > PI PRO > MX5 > GPX4500

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 964

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 00:05 »
Can this be removed as this business no longer exists and i dont believe in my opinion that he be ever added to this forum again
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 866

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 09:00 »
I will ask the forum owner, ( Uncle Buck) but it may be better left as a warning to others.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:09 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 09:04 »
This section doesn't show up in Unread posts. Maybe that is because until they are approved i guess they are not posts. Trev put his comment in some time ago and i have only just came across it. Tony was lucky to get his detector at all. The business going bankrupt has been mentioned many times before on other forums as well

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 14:32 »
http://aussiepm.com.au/blog/category/franchising/mobile-dog-wash-franchising/
Scroll down to the spotlight on business section. I see there has been a change from selling detectors to cleaning dogs.

Offline BAZ

• Bronze

0%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 23
    Eighth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 08:06 »
Gotta give the bloke credit for trying.
Baz
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Etrac ; Sovereign GT; Gold Bug Pro DP; Whites MX5,
  • Oldest find: 1837 Token

Offline Tasrog

• Platinum
  • SO MUCH GROUND....SO LITTLE TIME.

3.33%
    • I live in: Shearwater
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52

• Total Badges: 34
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Returned an Item The Gold Ring 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 20:44 »
Gotta give the bloke credit for trying.
Baz

You dont give that bloke anything if you want to see it again.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used a ML 4500:Own - BH Tracker IV: AT PRO International, BH 3300, Fisher F5, GoFind 60, Excalibur 800
  • Oldest find: 1806 King George III penny
The bucket list. Gothic Florin - found, Gold ring - found, Trench Art - not found, Sunrise badge - not found, Cricket buckle = not found, Sov or half Sov - not found.

Offline tony

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Perth, WA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9

• Total Badges: 18
    Sixth year Anniversary 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2016, 18:55 »
Yep, something is wrong somewhere. 12 weeks to get my CZ21.
I just want to preface my post by mentioning things may have been beyond Brad's control when ordering certain detectors (Fisher). Maybe Goldscan were mucking him around as they are the one's who import directly from the USA and then on-ship to Brad.
Got the "bad weather in USA" excuse as well.
Blamed the shipping company in the USA and then Customs......
The main problem is poor communications...keep the customer advised is a good starting point.

But I got the older $1299 price so I am very happy at the end of the day..... :)

( lucky you got it at all Tony, plenty of others didn't receive anything for money paid.  Rwork)

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I may have been one of the last to receive what they paid for.
It may have been as a result of what I said to Brad if he chose to scam me..... >:D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: AQ1B(SAT/20uS) > CZ21 > PI PRO > MX5 > GPX4500

xx
Reeds prospecting.

Started by beepn on Business Reviews

2 Replies
Last post April 06, 2014, 22:11
by gadgetman45
xx
Serious Detecting

Started by Paul68 on Business Reviews

3 Replies
Last post May 08, 2013, 22:37