collapse

* Share it Around

* Recommended

* Detectors

Author Topic:  The Vanishing Point!  (Read 3082 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    36.67%
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
The Vanishing Point!
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:19 »
I see at least 6 posts by tonyw disappeared past a vanishing point not to be seen again, ever   ???  no wonder Good members retire from the forum. :(

Let not the truth be heard! :-X

ivanll

Linkback: http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25911.0
Trust and respect is earned!

tonyw

Re: The Vanishing Point!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:23 »
Shhh or i will get the naughty corner  :police:

hahaha  just remember the indian batsman duzzengivashid :angel:

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 12:38 »
I'm old scool.
To me people deserve the same level of  courtesy and support as they give.
When they give attitude, they get same level of attitude in return. :-*  :-*  :-*

ivanll

tonyw

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 13:10 »
I'm old scool.
To me people deserve the same level of  courtesy and support as they give.
When they give attitude, they get same level of attitude in return. :-*  :-*  :-*

ivanll

And i totally agree ;)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 14:44 »
On a day where one feel generous, one can increase the level of support......... Sharing is so wonderful, especially if it's not yours to share........... in that case you can give 'em heaps.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 861

• Total Badges: 51
    Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 16:33 »
Just back after 3 days with no internet and phone coverage. I see in the moderation log 11 comments removed by Nokta so it must have been in his paid section. 
Annoying with apple gear having no decent antenna connection except those bleed through magnetic couplings that don't really work.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Victoria Melbourne
    • Yarraville West Weather
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 963

• Total Badges: 44
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 20:35 »
Some of my posts removed by nokta but hey its their forum

But as they stated we welcome any criticism

"Ivan, first of all Aussie did test the detector. Second - FORS is very competitive with other VLF detectors and actually much better than most of them.  We, as the manufacturer know our product very well and we stand behind it. And as far as the customer feedbacks we will go with what the majority says ( and I am referring to almost 100% here) which is all positive. We never ask people to buy our detector to give feedbacks. The ones that were sent for testing based on request were sent free. Now, you may personally not like the detector (and we would really respect that ) or have other reasons of your own to criticize each and every single post we make but then again you are misleading people by comments such as ''failure''. There is no failure in the detector. If there is something wrong with your detector, believe me Nokta will take care of it faster than any other company you have dealt with because this is what Nokta is all about. Now, I feel like there is personal tension here between members here and if this is the case, please keep it outside of this forum".

Nokta are offering 500 dollars for any good stories see here http://noktadetectors.com/#here so if you own one get your story in fast
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 18:07 by trevorpickettau »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

Eighth year Anniversary Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 08:28 »
I think Trevor left out some quotation marks so it is difficult to know when he is quoting from Nokta. 
It isn't "their" forum, Colin owns it. Some dealers have paid $50 to be able to sell different products. The dealer sign shows next to their name. They have control of their own section and can delete posts they don't like in their section, but not here in "Off Topic". I guess Colin has received a few emails regarding different posts. I see a couple of moderation reports open at the moment.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 14:05 »
"Aussie" is a generalization of the citizens/residence of Australia of which I'm proudly one, so the statement made by Nokta......... "Ivan, first of all Aussie did test the detector".......
is kind of correct, because I have done a great deal of testing with all the detectors I'm the owner of, including a FORS Gold.
How I obtained my FORS Gold is written elsewhere, Reply#40 (http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25773.25) contrary to the belief of some I actually like the detector, before the purchase I also read the manuals and viewed the user videos on both the FORS Gold and CoRe repeatedly  to the point where by the time the detector was received, assembled and ready in hand, I went straight out and used it with the 15" coil attached........I've had no need for brain picking on any other FORS users.

Nokta Quote: "Second - FORS is very competitive with other VLF detectors and actually much better than most of them."
For someone that can't use/compare any other brand due to ethical reasons that is a tall statement.
At the present I only have  25 VLF detectors at hand, some of which go back to to the 1970ties so I agree FORS is much better than most of those vintage ones, as for later/newer VLF detectors that statement will be seen as a tongue in cheek remark by someone that admit at the bottom of their posts...... "Detector(s) owned/used: All Nokta"

Anyhow I shall go test my Whites SPP that was delivered by Australia Post earlier. 
http://forum.kimbucktwo.com/index.php?topic=25827.0

ivanll

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 14:15 »
This thread was not intended to have anything to do with Nokta their resellers and chosen testers, there is enough of that on the Nokte board further up .....hopefully it can stay that way.

ivanll

tonyw

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 14:57 »
Cant wait to test my Excalibur II thats in the post to arrive  ;D

I wont be having anything to do with most of the other brands, maybe Whites will get a look at, they get a good wrap from actual testers on here.

I will spend my hard earned on specific brands from here on end, and eliminate others on service, representation and actual facts, as i have been doing since the 1st brand i  purchased went down hill.

I spend over 3k average per annum on detectors, my field narrows continuously, almost daily, maybe there wont be anything to purchase soon. 

Hope you enjoy the Whites Ivan

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2014, 10:20 »
There have been a lot of activity near the vanishing point lately ::)

Enjoy your water hunting with the newly acquired Excalibur II.......... it's likely to be safer to water hunt than forum posting.......... at least you can moderate your own activity!

ivanll

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

6.67%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Coin of the year Coin Of the Month Winner Nugget Under 1 Ounce The TON Round 50 Cents Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Comm Penny Roo Penny Rising Sun
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2014, 10:31 »
After 3 hours on the phone last night, the vanishing point i think is a permanent one he is not a man to be messed with and there may have been a few lies told last night 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: compass yukon,Garrett ace 250 and 350 and AT Pro, Gold bug 2, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Lobo Supertrac, Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Cortes Minelab Gpx 4000 Minelab E trac

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

46.67%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 283

• Total Badges: 32
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2014, 12:19 »
I notice there is no 'Like' tab attached to these posts therefor I will add a comment instead. I hope Tony is out enjoying his recent purchase and has not been tainted by comments in the negative, I have a feeling he is bigger than that. I tend to admire someone who calls a spade a spade.As well as a Vanishing Point I feel we may end up with a Black Hole as well. Trev. feel free to pass my comments on as an encouragement to return to the fold , so to speak...........cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline trevorpickettau

• Platinum

6.67%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2014, 17:58 »
i will, he was overwhelmed by the support last night from members, but i have a feeling that if i annoy him enough he will be back but the forum, rules are there and if there was a penalty he knew he was breaking it
I too was carrying on about this probably too much, but only for the passion of the hobby, last night i think made the forum stronger and even bonded more friendships
If people dont know where i am coming from on this issue,an ex member was creating huge problems, in my  and other members of this forum area we detect
he was detecting heritage areas and this is not just my opinion he pasted them on you tube and was going to take the local council to court and he would have lost therefore detecting probably australia wide would have changed with a court battle
In this time he was backed by several members still here and members who had left and there were threats made against this forum
These were never resolved and have only become more passionate as time has gone on but hopefully things will quieten down a bit and the forum will get back to what it was
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 21:22 by trevorpickettau »

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

20%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1476

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2014, 19:33 »
i will he was overwhelmed by the support last night from members but i have a feeling that if i annoy him enough he will be back but the forum rules are there and if there was a penalty he knew he was breaking it
I too was carrying on about this probably too much but only for the passion of the hobby last night i think made the forum stronger and even bonded more friendships
If people dont know where i am coming from on this issue an ex member was creating huge problems, in my  and other members of this forum area
he was detecting heritage areas and this is not just my opinion he pasted them on you tube and was going to take the local council to court and he would have lost therefore detecting probably australia wide would have changed with a court battle
In this time he was backed by several members still here and members who had left and there were threats made against this forum
These were never resolved and have only become more passionate as time has gone on but hopefully things will quieten down a bit and the forum will get back to what it was

I remember those interesting times duck man.  The Morgan Dollars find were a particular favourite.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)
Research

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
  • Liked:

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2014, 21:17 »
And don't forget the groats.  ( we haven't)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 21:23 by Rwork »

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

6.67%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 528

• Total Badges: 28
    Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2014, 22:24 »
Woh! how did I miss all this? Never knew there was more to it than what was going down on the Nokta thread! :-[  :-[  :-[
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

36.67%
  • Liked:

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 10:52 »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-10/dolly-everett-nt-suicide-cyber-bullying-campaign-launched/9317056    :'(

Forums like this, is also part of social media and are looked in on by none posting members and watched by many that are not members. :-\

ivanll

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything