* Share it Around

Author Topic:  NEL Coil...Size.  (Read 11359 times)

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    63.33%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 86

• Total Badges: 24
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
NEL Coil...Size.
« on: July 19, 2013, 09:21 »
Coil NEL Sharpshuter 9,5"x5,5"

Coil NEL HUNTER 12.5"x 8.5"

Coil NEL Tornado 12"x13"

NEL Coil Storm 13"x 14"

Coil NEL Attack 15"

Coil NEL BIG 15"x17"

Can also be found on eBay......but they often have changes
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/nel-coil

ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

LazyTrommel

Re: NEL Coil...Size.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 11:43 »
Thanks Ivanll.. Ordered a Hunter for my AT Gold.. Though I got it directly from NEL. (now we play the waiting game)

tonyw

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 11:49 »
Thanks Ivanll.. Ordered a Hunter for my AT Gold.. Though I got it directly from NEL. (now we play the waiting game)

Mine didnt take long to get here, just dont rely on the tracking in the Ukraine  ::)

LazyTrommel

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 13:11 »
Mine didnt take long to get here, just dont rely on the tracking in the Ukraine  ::)

Yeah, my Sharpshooter took 13 days.. And the tracking upon delivery said it had yet to leave Ukraine lol..  ohwell,  well priced, awesome coils. i'm not complaining.

Offline raymondj

• Gold
  • Note to self-take battery off charger and bring

0%
    • I live in: South Coast NSW
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 14:08 »

Hey LT..lets know how the Hunter goes on the ATGold...where did u get it from?  Want to get a larger coil for mine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Own now: Garrett Infinium... AT Gold with a NEL Hunter coil...AT Pro International for the missus...Minelab GP3000 and Garrett Pro-Pointers.
  • Oldest find: 1757 George II Farthing
...its better to have it and not need it.... then to need it and not have it...

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 14:34 »
I've had all my NEL coils delivered within 3 weeks from date of order.
Keep in mind our/their holidays are not always the same and they can have extreme weather with winter snow that closes air ports.

Today it's Cairns "show day" there will be no mail delivery......nor tomorrow Saturday or Sunday.........not even if you could track it to your local mail sorting centre just down the street.

Hopefully..... fingers crossed there will never be a monopoly/sole Importer of NEL coils in Australia........the price will go up........and I might get the blame "again"  ???.........an incident with FTP Fisher detectors come to mind. :)

I have never had trouble communicating with NEL, they accept PayPal.....$25 freight for one coil, cheaper if more are purchased in one go........and 3 week delivery........totally acceptable by me.......what more they also forward date the purchase date, so there is no loss of warranty period.

They have their logo on the box, even on some nifty reusable/wearable packing material. :D much appreciated.

ivanll

LazyTrommel

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 14:56 »
I have no problem waiting, they're quality coils...   If we get a dealer in Aus. Fair enough, I would still rather buy from the source..

tonyw

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2013, 15:37 »
I bought mine direct from the dealer, and i leave my Hunter on the AT Pro, its found my oldest coin so far  ;D love the coil, may as well sell the 11" Garrett coil, its out of my hunting kit now, but then again its always a backup  :-\

Had no problem at all with communication, the coil was well packaged and posted very quickly.

I may buy a bigger one, maybe a Tornado, then again i have an itch for a Tesoro of some sort so i may wait until i have scratched it before making anymore decisions  ::)

LazyTrommel

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2013, 16:11 »
I had my eye on the Tornado... However I'm not into relic/coin hunting.. So I'll pass :)

Plus, the hunter I've ordered has me pretty well covered :)

tonyw

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 16:41 »
I hunt the lot, not much interest in hunting for spendables though.

I might just get the larger CTX 17"x13" coil for the beach, the CTX is the best beach hunter out of all i have. The SD2200 i have the 11" and 14" for that, so that will do that one for now, and the AT Pro has the 12" NEL,  the stock 8.5 x11 i dont use now and the a 5x8 for heavy trash and working tight scrub areas.

So it looks like i might get a Tesoro next and see what all the fuss is about and pick a NEL to suit that.

Offline raymondj

• Gold

0%

500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2013, 21:55 »
..I' hoping the Hunter will be a killer on the mullock heaps on the AT Gold....
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Own now: Garrett Infinium... AT Gold with a NEL Hunter coil...AT Pro International for the missus...Minelab GP3000 and Garrett Pro-Pointers.

LazyTrommel

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 22:16 »
..I' hoping the Hunter will be a killer on the mullock heaps on the AT Gold....

We think alike lol.. 

Offline raymondj

• Gold

0%

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 12:27 »
...have bit the bullet and ordered the NEL Hunter for my AT Gold... will be hitting the mullock heaps with it around here...

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

63.33%

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 17:34 »
I'll be awful....? ?
How's the NEL Hunter holding up after hitting the mullock heaps.

ivanll

tonyw

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 17:54 »
I have no problems with my hunter in the amongst the Mullock heaps.

I prefer the AT Pro with the Hunter to the CTX in the hot ground.

Offline ken625

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: melbourne
  • Likes Given: 55

• Total Badges: 21
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 09:11 »
does the hunter punch deeper than the stock coil i have the sharp shooter but tossing up between hunter or tornado  and im guessing the tornado would punch deeper again any info or comparisons between stock vs those to ie how much more depth you can get
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ell cheapo chinesse detector, bounty hunter IV, garret pro pointer , at pro,pro find,deus
  • Oldest find: 1875 shilling

tonyw

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 11:10 »
It does punch a bit deeper, the pinpoint is out a little and you numbers change by about 2 points, you soon get used to it.

Offline Stealth914

• Bronze

0%
    • I live in: NSW nth east
  • Likes Given: 37

• Total Badges: 17
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 18:48 »
It does punch a bit deeper, the pinpoint is out a little and you numbers change by about 2 points, you soon get used to it.

Spot on I have the Hunter 7.5khz on my new xterra n holy dooley awesome sensitivity n alrounder great. I also have a Ctx 3030 with a couple of coils but still enjoy the xterra with nel .
Pinpointing I find I use a different method by centering the target then dragging coil back till only just reads on screen then I know the target is about one inch in front of coil.
This coil should be a standard issue LOL.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Now the precious 3030 woohoo,Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab pin pointer 25, Nel Hunter
  • Oldest find: 1846 Four Pence yehaw
Dirt Fishing gotta love it

tonyw

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2014, 19:20 »
Spot on I have the Hunter 7.5khz on my new xterra n holy dooley awesome sensitivity n alrounder great. I also have a Ctx 3030 with a couple of coils but still enjoy the xterra with nel .
Pinpointing I find I use a different method by centering the target then dragging coil back till only just reads on screen then I know the target is about one inch in front of coil.
This coil should be a standard issue LOL.

I just drag the coil back until there is no sound then do the same forward then side to side, gets in bang on everytime.

Offline ken625

• Gold

0%
    • I live in: melbourne
  • Likes Given: 55

• Total Badges: 21
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 21:27 »
well thanks guys ill remeber that tip just got my hunter yesterday unfortunately busy weekend so ill have to wait till next weekend to try it out 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ell cheapo chinesse detector, bounty hunter IV, garret pro pointer , at pro,pro find,deus
  • Oldest find: 1875 shilling

Offline Wossie

• Silver

0%
    • I live in: Sydney, NSW
  • Likes Given: 452

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 23:19 »
Just ordered and received my first Nel coil from Ukraine. It's the 3 kHz 15 in Attack coil. I intend to use it for beaches. Does anyone have any experience with it? Not a hugely deep coil for very small objects but great area coverage.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X Terra 705 Gold Pack, Nel 15 inch 3 KhZ Attack coil, Minelab 15 inch DD 18.75 Khz coil, Minelab pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1770-1795 Shan-Lung series Chinese coin, 1857 Smith Peate & Co Half-Penny token, 1863 queen Victoria Penny

Offline The Catseye Cleaner

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Mackay QLD
    • The Catseye Cleaner
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 523

• Total Badges: 27
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 09:14 »
Looks like a wicked piece of kit Wos! Is it for the 705? Please let us know how it goes. We demand a full report with pictures by this afternoon!!!  :P  :P  :P  :)  ;)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab Explorer II x 2 + Sunray X1 probe, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Sovereign Elite, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett A2B Groundhog, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett Pro-Pointer X-Pointer Minelab Musketeer Advantage.
  • Oldest find: 1805 - 1806 King George III Large Penny
2015 Totals
Decimals: More than $300 but less than $500
Pre-decimals: 'bout 30 or 40
Tokens: 4
Rings:
Platinum: 0 Gold: 0  Silver: 2  Other: 3 junkers

If it ain't got an 18 on the front it's just another coin.

Offline Wossie

• Silver

0%

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 10:35 »
Yep for the 705 : ) Here are some air-test results against the stock coil.  Interestingly, I asked Nel what they recommended for the beach, and this was their suggestion.  I had asked about the Tornado or the Big coils, but they said this would be better.  I guess it is better for High conductivity targets, and larger deeper targets.  It is however, not an especially deep coil, and it is more for surface area coverage.  I think it would also be good on land areas with very little trash - and I may end up using it more in this type of environment.  The below air tests were indoors with a fair bit of interference, so I would expect another couple of inches in a low EMI environment where I can crank the sensitivity up a bit more (beyond a setting of 20).  I did go to the beach briefly, and found that near buildings and lights I couldn't lift the sensitivity above 20 (out of the 0-30 scale), but further down the beach away from buildings it was stable at 24, and I felt it could go higher.  Bearing in mind concentric coils tend to go deeper than DD coils and the comparator here is a medium frequency coil, so I think this is a reasonable result.  There is a video of the 15 inch 3 kHz coiltek coil on youtube which gives another 1.5-2 inches on similar targets, but it is an outdoor test and they don't provide the sensitivity.  I would guess there is not much between them.  One tip I noticed with this large coil is that it might help to keep the batteries freshly charged.
Nel Attack 15 inch DD Coil 3 Khz
20 cent coin10 inches
QV Penny11.5 inches
Silver buckle16 inches
Coiltek 9 inch concentric coil 7.5 Khz 
20 cent coin 9 inches
QV penny10 inches
Silver buckle14 inches
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X Terra 705 Gold Pack, Nel 15 inch 3 KhZ Attack coil, Minelab 15 inch DD 18.75 Khz coil, Minelab pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1770-1795 Shan-Lung series Chinese coin, 1857 Smith Peate & Co Half-Penny token, 1863 queen Victoria Penny

Offline Radar1966

• Platinum
  • Lost and confused but still working on it

100%
    • I live in: Perth Western Australia
  • Likes Given: 645

• Total Badges: 28
    Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 13:13 »
Wos
Unusual frequency choice for beach work. Unless there is a high number of high conductivity targets IE silver and copper coins.
I have used my Coiltek 3khz on salt sands before but I can tell you now the 15.75khz would be a better choice.
The higher frequency hits better on the goldies (modern coins) and on gold rings which are in the low conductivity scale. The higher frequency also handles mineralization better which allows better sensitivity in wet sand. The higher frequency also sends more info to the machine on targets which can fool the lower frequency. You can pick screwcaps by the warble tone off the edge of the target and pulltabs by the multiple tone as the higher frequency picks out the holes in the tab. As for depth difference the 3khz will punch deeper in the dry, that's what that frequency does do well but the tradeoff is you dig way more crap which you cant discriminate out as you will lose gold and many coins.
You will find the 3khz deadly as a relic/predec coil in parks and bush, don't get near power sources though as it will send the coil nuts.
If you are going to have a serious crack at the salt, better invest in a 15.75 coiltek WOT, play with sensitivity and ground balance a little positive and you will have a really good beach outfit.
ps if you are not in delta pitch (99 tones) you are not listening to the machine, with 3khz the numbers will fool you so you will have to rely a lot on tone. and especially check targets from multi angles as you will be surprised on the difference.

regards
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-terra 705 15in WOT 3khz, 7.5khz, 18.75khz 6inch digger 3khz Garrett Propointer Minelab Profind Minelab Excalibur 11
  • Oldest find: 1806-1807 George III Halfpenny

Offline Wossie

• Silver

0%

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 20:17 »
Thanks mate that is very useful information. I do tend to hunt silvers rather than gold (I'm more of a dry sand detectorist) but I was leaning towards using this coil in parks. And your thoughts certainly make me think more of that option. Most of my time is spent in parks, but as you can imagine Sydney has some pretty trashy parks!  And I try and cut small holes so I don't leave a trace. The big coil will need some getting used to with pin pointing.
Thanks for the tip on the tones as well, I have been fixated on 4 tones since I bought it.
The learning curve is very interesting with coils. I reckon I am still learning with the stock coil after 8 months, I go back to parks done a few months ago and turn up much more stuff. A lifetime of learning with each coil. 

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam