* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Alternative pinpointer  (Read 4701 times)

Offline 6666

• Silver
  • Location, Bayswater, where a dingo ate my finds

• Fill this by Posting :)
    3.33%
    • Youtube's channel
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 22
    Badges: (View All)
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Alternative pinpointer
« on: February 21, 2014, 18:34 »
Alternative pinpointer.

Not bad for $99.00.

Xpointer pin-pointer metal detector with ratio frequency alarm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251448575891?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

Videos
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPJ9nHXm-E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPJ9nHXm-E</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EmBf1ajzW0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EmBf1ajzW0</a>

The blurb.

Same sensitivity as Pro-pointer and more flexible control for user.

Key Features:
1 High sensitivity
The superior sensitivity help you find target faster and more accurate.
2 Ratio alarm indication technology.
Alarm frequency will change depending on the target distance.
3 Many customized control programing
Users can program 1 to 4 levels sensitivity and 3 alarm mode: audio / audio+vibration / vibration by just two buttons.
4 Better water resist construction
We reinforced the LED and buzzer place design to keep daily water away from the inside of detector
5 Stable performance.
Xpointer works very stable during using with less false alarm under electric devices or power station.
6 Battery alert and lost mode
Detector will alert when battery running low. It also beeps when it stand by for 3 minutes without metal detected.
7 Automatic calibration
The Xpointer will give a short beep when it be ready to work. It will not give the signal if some metal objects is too close to it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 18:47 by 6666 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: My first Whites 1975, various others
  • Oldest find: 1836 Three pence
Aint found a half penny or penny yet, Remember the best discriminator is your digging tool.

Offline goldpick

• Silver

66.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 351

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Alternative pinpointer
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 23:03 »
If you look more into the specs, the kHz is alarmingly high compared to any mainstream pinpointer - 95kHz.  Might be good on very small gold, but depth would be very questionable.  I'd make your money stretch a little further and get a Nokta RS pinpointer, mine has operated flawlessly over the last year, even got some water in the speaker the other night whick made it go spazzo, left it out to dry overnight, and it was good as gold the next day.  They sell for around $130 plus free shipping from Turkey (Nokta's base of operations). I still have a great distrust of anything made in China that is similar or a blatant copy of a known brand, performance is a big unknown, and may well be a waste of a hard earnt $100.  Just my opinion anyway. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned: Minelab Explorer/Etrac, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab xt17000, Garrett Ace250/Scorpion, Whites GM2, GM3, GMT Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX pinpointers
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KGIII halfpenny x2

Offline 6666

• Silver
  • Location, Bayswater, where a dingo ate my finds

3.33%
    • Youtube's channel

• Total Badges: 22
    Sixth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:31 »
Dont shoot me I am only the piano player.

BUT

One of these has been bought and pulled apart and tested by a experienced person
his comment is its VERY GOOD.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: My first Whites 1975, various others
  • Oldest find: 1836 Three pence
Aint found a half penny or penny yet, Remember the best discriminator is your digging tool.

tonyw

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 13:05 »
I still have a great distrust of anything made in China that is similar or a blatant copy of a known brand

Thats also Made In China ;)

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold
  • Any day above ground is a good day.

13.33%
    • I live in: Brisbane
  • Likes Given: 1529

• Total Badges: 20
    Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29 »
Dont shoot me I am only the piano player. BUT One of these has been bought and pulled apart and tested by a experienced person his comment is its VERY GOOD.
I was a tad sceptical but after hearing that another had got a sample from the supplier in china.. (most electronic components come from china and many are even assembled there - just a sticker added by the distributer later. Any one for a phone LOL)

But have to say I am impressed with the over all functionality and verry happy with build quality...  
AD and a few others have and are giving the Detexnix x-pointer (pin pointer) some real world field testing...
  • Detector(s) owned/used: excal 1000, x-pointer, 705 ,Gamma 6000 & CTX3030
  • Oldest find: ME
So can I use braid and how tight should the drag be set  when Sand Fishing...

Offline Trigon

• Copper

3.33%
    • I live in: Epping Victoria
  • Likes Given: 17

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 19:46 »
Hi all, I bought my x-pointer this week, and am heading to the whip stick tomorrow. So far I can say its well built, does what it says, but I have been warned to ground balance it first. I can only say I will let out know.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Bounty Hunter, x-pointer, xterra 705,Tesoro Sandshark
  • Oldest find: 1885 Token

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

Third year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 21:21 »
Hi all, I bought my x-pointer this week, and am heading to the whip stick tomorrow. So far I can say its well built, does what it says, but I have been warned to ground balance it first. I can only say I will let out know.
Let us know how it all goes... As to the ground balance...  Just like any metal detector, don't do it when you on top of a target...
I tend to hold it up and in the air...  Helps to take out all the radio stuff and when on the beach,  day sand as normal; wet sand I tend to put the tip in/on the wet sand and then turn on...
Any ladies or others that want an X-pointer in PINK... let me know.

Offline Trigon

• Copper

3.33%

Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 23:15 »
Thanks AM. I will keep that in mind, but I must admit I like it so far. All tips gratefuly accepted, good luck for the weekend all.

Offline Trigon

• Copper

3.33%

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 20:21 »
Hi all, hope your weekend went well for you, and happy fathers day. I took the x-pointer for a spin on the weekend, and i am very pleased with it.  Can pull a target with a screwdriver, as the xpointer hits the spot consistently, now. Here is a lesson for all. I opened a new 9v battery, and went out, after about 8 to 10 shots with the xpointer the battery was flat. Not to worry, I always keep an extra, so back to camp, and open the second new battery. One shot, and its flat too. It was just on sundown anyway, so a quick trip into town, and one brand new lithium 9v battery later, and the pointer has not stopped. Me thinks I should write the purchase date on these to make sure I am rotating them. So back to the pointer, I m very very happy. On most sensitive it starts sounding off about 4 inches from a target in the air, and when I was in the mineralised soil, ground balanced away from the target, and it took me to it each time. So I'm back in the city now, and looking at a area not far from me for some early morning swings. 

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2014, 18:04 »
Hi all, hope your weekend went well for you, and happy fathers day. I took the x-pointer for a spin on the weekend, and i am very pleased with it. Can pull a target with a screwdriver, as the xpointer hits the spot consistently, now. Here is a lesson for all. I opened a new 9v battery, and went out, after about 8 to 10 shots with the xpointer the battery was flat. Not to worry, I always keep an extra, so back to camp, and open the second new battery. One shot, and its flat too. It was just on sundown anyway, so a quick trip into town, and one brand new lithium 9v battery later, and the pointer has not stopped. Me thinks I should write the purchase date on these to make sure I am rotating them. So back to the pointer, I m very very happy. On most sensitive it starts sounding off about 4 inches from a target in the air, and when I was in the mineralised soil, ground balanced away from the target, and it took me to it each time. So I'm back in the city now, and looking at a area not far from me for some early morning swings.

How did you realise the Battery was Flat ?
I almost tossed another system in the bin..  Falsifying LOL and being a pain...  Turned out to be a flat battery... 
I used the X-pointer to test  :-)

Offline Trigon

• Copper

3.33%

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2014, 22:53 »
Hi A.M. I knew the battery was flat because the pointer worked great for a while, then it turned on, and turned off soon after. I figured it had to be the battery because I haven't dropped it, and the same thing happened with the second battery. It was worth the trip to get a new battery and test. I'm really happy with it, and back in Bendigo this weekend for another swing. Anyone in Bendigo want a test drive, let me know, I'm here till Sunday afternoon.

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 19:43 »
Hi A.M. I knew the battery was flat because the pointer worked great for a while, then it turned on, and turned off soon after. I figured it had to be the battery because I haven't dropped it, and the same thing happened with the second battery. It was worth the trip to get a new battery and test. I'm really happy with it, and back in Bendigo this weekend for another swing. Anyone in Bendigo want a test drive, let me know, I'm here till Sunday afternoon.
The X-pointer should start flashing the LED once the battery voltage gets down to a level that it considers marginal...
I have used with a flat battery and it still works OK... But if you see the led flashing after turning on.....  You better check for a spare :-)
Level 3 is high sensitivity, the default is level 1 and level 4 is the most sensitive but I find 1 is good enough but have also used level 3 when using the pin pointer as a detector...  Strap to a broom stick and use like a detector LOL  it works.

Offline scotty1856

• Copper

0%
  • Likes Given: 7

• Total Badges: 19
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 22:41 »
I received my new xpointer in quick time with all the extras. Took it out for a test run with new battery and could not fault it was great until after  about half hour it started to tell me my new battery was going flat. so not to worry I had another new battery that I had for another pin pointer and put it in and away I went for nearly an hour and once again started to indicate it was also going flat. So the out come, well not sure yet it may well be faulty batteries ie old stock, im not sure but when working works great may be a touch better than my well known brand and cheaper. I will buy another battery and give it another try.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Deleon, X-Terra 305, 705 Garrett pro pointer x pointer

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 23:01 »
I received my new xpointer in quick time with all the extras. Took it out for a test run with new battery and could not fault it was great until after about half hour it started to tell me my new battery was going flat. so not to worry I had another new battery that I had for another pin pointer and put it in and away I went for nearly an hour and once again started to indicate it was also going flat. So the out come, well not sure yet it may well be faulty batteries ie old stock, im not sure but when working works great may be a touch better than my well known brand and cheaper. I will buy another battery and give it another try.
Interesting...  What Batteries are you using...

Try to stick to Quality Rechargeable OR Energisers...

Some others can be OK, but some can measure OK but have a high internal resistance and fall over quite quick.

If the LED starts flashing but all is working OK, you can still get some time out of it...  When it does get a bad flat battery, you will know... Just like all the rest, the pointer will play up...

Do not use Duracell UNLESS you remove after use...  Great short term grunt but they leak like a sieve...    

Some Bunnings and Aldi work OK and yet I have had a pack of 4 all play up...

After that, drop me a PM and or a call and we can discuss the best way forward...

Offline scotty1856

• Copper

0%

50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 17:32 »
I am keen to buy another xpointer as I stated works great I just have to sort my battery issue and report back soon all. I must say though I cant complain about the back up service and advise. well done Angermanegment . oh and batteries are Energises but still could be faulty.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Tesoro Deleon, X-Terra 305, 705 Garrett pro pointer x pointer

Offline Boot Tack

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: CQ
  • Likes Given: 284

• Total Badges: 21
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 21:20 »
Interesting on the duracell as that has been my primary go to battery and so far I've not had an issue.  Thanks for the heads up.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: CTX 3030 and most Minelab detectors
  • Oldest find: 1852 Penny

Offline scotty1856

• Copper

0%

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 07:05 »
Well my results are in very happy with the pin pointer. I replace battery with another actually out of my Garret and clocked up some more hrs on a battery that had already done many hunts and is going strong so I will be looking for another x pointer from our supplier on this site. Ps AngerManagement is not a bad bloke lol. Thanks AngerManagement and merry Xmas 

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 09:46 »
Thanks Scotty..
The Xpointer can be slightly more power hungry than some other pointers...  HOWEVER.
I can not stress the importance of Quality Batteries..  Be they Rechargeable and or Others, and I am sure that PhaseTechnical and others in teh RC world will confirm.
Energiser for me; if going to leave batteries in a system for any length of time, as they do not leak...

Some others seem to work OK but a leaky battery does not just damage contacts, as in a confined space the corrosive micro climate can damage other components...  Cheep batteries are just that and may work for some products but at the end of the day, the MD and or Pointer is an important tool, so do not skip on quality Batteries. 

It is an emotional trick but Vibrate and Sound gives you a very positive feedback... With just sound, it is OK and if just Vibrate it is SO SO...  But it is telling you the same thing, yet when Sound and Vibrate are ON, your mind tells you it is better.   Add a Flashing LED and you really get a buzz, as now all 3 senses are getting feedback.... Same target, but you feel diferent :-)
But the more you have the heaver the power drain... 

Well my results are in very happy with the pin pointer. I replace battery with another actually out of my Garret and clocked up some more hrs on a battery that had already done many hunts and is going strong so I will be looking for another x pointer from our supplier on this site. Ps AngerManagement is not a bad bloke lol. Thanks AngerManagement and merry Xmas

Offline Trigon

• Copper

3.33%

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 10:15 »
Hi all, after my original problem with batteries I stuck a lithium in there and its been going strong ever since. It gets a fair amount of use, as I am going over 2 torn down house sites, and I am still really happy with performance and use.

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 23:48 »
Hi All
Some of you have been using the Xpointer for some time now.. ..

Having had no contact re  major issues, I have to assume all is going well.    The latest models are water proof and have some extra features.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask via PM or Public.

Offline noodles

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: George Town Tasmania

• Total Badges: 14
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 17:57 »
No need to assume. Mine and my cousins are going strong. Regularly used and abused, coated in mud. Good gear.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garret AT Pro International, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1826 George IV Penny 1799 Geroge III Half Penny

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

33.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 195

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 16:18 »
Hi AM, bought mine as a backup but the Garrett won't die, I do use it occasionally, my issue is I forget the button sequence to option it up, gotta find the manual and put it in the Detecting box, no issues with the pointer though......cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline AngerManagement

• Gold

13.33%

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 16:31 »
LOL....

Back button to set Sound / Vibrate / Both 

Hold the back button and press the front to change sensitivity. 1 beep = lowest, 2 beep, 3 beep, long beep = higest.

But, I had to get mine out and let the muscle memory kick in :-)

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

33.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 195

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 16:58 »
Many thanks AM, duly noted and placed in a sandwich bag for future reference.....Cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline Slothy

• Gold
  • The Pulltab Punisher!

0%
    • I live in: Radelaide, SA
  • Likes Given: 24

• Total Badges: 23
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 21:06 »
Had mine for about 3 months now. Couldn't be happier.
Does what it says on the can, has a far better light than the Garrett and doesnt false with a bit of pressure when grubbing about. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites Coinmaster GT, Garrett EuroAce, Garrett AT Pro, Pro-pointer, Xpointer
  • Oldest find: Mid-1800's Gilt flat button, 1863 Vicki penny
Oldest coin - 1863 English Penny
Rings sniffed - 8
Spoons - 6

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything