* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Class D Amp  (Read 889 times)

LazyTrommel

Class D Amp
« on: June 06, 2014, 13:45 »
Finished a few of the Class D headphone/speaker amps, if you're using headphones WARNING! turning it up to 11 may cause deadness.

They're surprisingly good for such a tiny chip..   still working on the inline model for SD-GP machines, GPX one works great, but i pushed 11v into a 5.5v chip and its now having a slight case of magic smoke loss..

Anyway pic of completed units.. they're not what you would call "production quality" but you'd have a hard time breaking it.

Offline yellastuff

• Silver
  • Another Pulltab ! Bugger .

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: SE Queensland
  • Likes Given: 81

• Total Badges: 20
    Badges: (View All)
    Third year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: Class D Amp
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 14:04 »
They look bloody good to me .  Top work.       Gaz
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Explorer SE Pro ,Minelab Profind
  • Oldest find: 1886 QV Penny
mmmmmmmmmmm  pre dec

Offline scratchinaround

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: a land of confusion.
  • Likes Given: 228

• Total Badges: 24
    1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 19:34 »
 good work. they will do the job just fine. Jaycar used to stock those or similar and small pre amp kits etc. you may have to order
them now. I had to order a 1/4 inch headphone jack receptor]socket  for the headphone jack. took a week  for the agency to get it.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: used bh discovery 33oo, ace350,m/l 305. now tesoro compadre
  • Oldest find: 1923 sa football members badge,1902/5/6dog reg tags.1910 bottle,66 round 50 cent.1912 farthing.1927h/penny1857/81penny
HOT  DIGGERTY DIG

LazyTrommel

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 22:36 »
Well these are Class D PAM8403 IC's stuck on a board, very simple.. cost like $7 each.. and will blow your damn ears off ... they say 3w max.. "my ass" I'm running a pair of 60w speakers no problem..

funny thing is, i had 8 units 5 hours ago, now i have 3 left...

LazyTrommel

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 16:46 »
A bit on the inside..

Had a couple questions regarding price..  Not really at that point right now, I'm happy to sell them but they're untested with a lot of machines.
If your detector has the standard 1/4" wiring then this unit will work for you.. standard being ground 1, hot 2-3.
oh also added LED power indicator since i forget to turn mine off constantly..
Tested and working with following:
(Fisher Gold Bug, F70)
(Teknetics all the Alpha-Omega, G2)
(F1A4 with 1/4" plug mod (wiring in pic's below)
(Whites GMT, GMZ, Coinmaster)
(Garrett Ace 350, however gives off a high pitch ground humm/tone not so bad though)
this is due to garretts headphone jack being through hole mounted to the board, = ground humm.
(Garrett AT Pro with 1/4" adapter) I assume the AT gold works just fine also.

Currently they are $40 Inc post.

Anyway, they're basically a class D amp board shoved in a box.
If you'd rather buy than build, I'm happy to sell them..

- Lt
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 20:19 by LazyTrommel »

LazyTrommel

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 21:17 »
New Micro amp board, should allow me to fit them into speakers such as the one sold by miners den, not sure if the 9v will fit too lol.. might need to find a slightly larger speaker

LazyTrommel

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 14:41 »
Modified the build a little.. No longer using the 5v regulator, I've now switched to using 2x AAA batteries, without the regulator you will get a lot better battery life.. and no longer require the toggle switch..
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251545008820?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I used the above.

Offline ivanll

• Platinum

40%
    • I live in: Tropical North Qld. Australia
  • Likes Given: 78

• Total Badges: 24
    Sixth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 20:06 »
Just found an exciting use for one of those audio amplifiers....... looks like I'll have to search for one on the net.

ivanll
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whats suitable for me to do the job!

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything