* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Help with nel coils  (Read 1448 times)

Offline DASZIP

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Ceduna South Australia
  • Likes Given: 51

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Help with nel coils
« on: June 20, 2014, 20:24 »
Hi everyone.
I see in another thread some people are happy with their nel coils. I wish to get more out of my AT Pro so I'm looking at a new coil.
I was wondering how much better people have found their nel hunter compared to the standard garret coil. Also why they feel it's better.
I also wondered what peoples thoughts are on the larger nel tornado coil. Which would be the better option, hunter or tornado.
All views are welcome and appreciated.
Thanks.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT PRO INT, Garret Pro pointer

LazyTrommel

Re: Help with nel coils
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 21:16 »
Mine is on the AT Gold, but i found the hunter coil great, I wouldn't say its better than the stock 11x8...  Just different.. 

Thats my experience anyway, the Sharpshooter on the other hand was far better than the stock 8x5".. 

Offline DASZIP

• Silver

0%

Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 13:20 »
Thanks LazyTrommel. Do you think you'd try the bigger coil if you were to buy another or happy with the hunter.

LazyTrommel

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 14:19 »
I like the hunter because generally where i hunt its overgrown bushland (old house sites etc) But that bigger coil Tornado? i believe, would give some nice coverage and i would imagine depth..

Either way, NEL make (in my opinion) the best after market coils for the AT machines.. hell .. for most detectors... I own a couple for my Gold bug pro, and Teknetics T2.. they're much better than the stock coils.
They're worth the money..  I ordered mine directly from NEL took about 3 weeks to arrive.... 

Offline goldpick

• Gold

43.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 404

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 17:00 »
+2 on the NEL coils, they come with coil bolt and skid plate, and very well priced for such good quality.  I had the Sharpshooter on the Vaquero, and it was an excellent small DD coil, and achieved excellent depth considering the size of the coil.  Bought mine off ebay, it wasn't listed, I just asked NEL to change the coil type and pricing at the checkout (costs a wee bit more vs buying direct from NEL).
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

3.33%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1525

• Total Badges: 40
    Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 17:31 »
I had a hunter on an F5 & definitely was an upgrade for the tector.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline DASZIP

• Silver

0%

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 19:52 »
Thanks guys. I would love to upgrade to a totally different detector to see how I go,  funds unfortunately aren't there. I can however afford a new coil and if that improves the pro I'll be happy with that. 
Not that there's any thing wrong with the pro, I just want more.
Will have to toss a coin to see which nel I go for.

Offline BrisGazza

• Silver

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane North
  • Likes Given: 486

• Total Badges: 34
    500 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Rams Head Shilling Returned an Item Commonwealth Halfpenny Wheat Three Pence Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Rising Sun The Gold Ring
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 16:26 »
Hi Daszip , which coil did you go for ? i am thinking  getting of the sharp shooter , but trying to get reviews on it , Gazza
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A T Pro International , Garrett Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel Penny - 1881 Half Sovereign
Gazza

Offline mike33

• Bronze

10%
    • I live in: Nerang. gold Coast. Qld.
  • Likes Given: 796

• Total Badges: 15
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2016, 17:11 »
Wonder how one of the Nell coils would go on a Tesoro Cortes?
Mike.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: C&G Wildcat. Whites 6000D. Tesoro Stingray Tesoro Cortes. Tesoro Sand Shark
  • Oldest find: 1800 penny

Offline DASZIP

• Silver

0%

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 20:00 »
Hi Gazza. Never actually got around to buying one. When ever I thought about it the money was never available so it's gone on the back burner for now. Sorry I'm not much help to you. 

Offline BrisGazza

• Silver

100%
    • I live in: Brisbane North
  • Likes Given: 486

• Total Badges: 34
    500 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Rams Head Shilling Returned an Item Commonwealth Halfpenny Wheat Three Pence Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Rising Sun The Gold Ring
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 08:01 »
:) i know that feeling $ wise , no probs am sure someone has some info , Gazza
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett A T Pro International , Garrett Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: 1797 Cartwheel Penny - 1881 Half Sovereign
Gazza

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam