* Share it Around

Author Topic:  My first Deus saved program  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
My first Deus saved program
« on: October 23, 2015, 23:22 »
Hi guys,
I've got to say I love the Deus, especially its unmasking ability. More often than not I find myself favouring the Basic1 program because it's quiet and is more accurate on goldies than Deus fast. If you see a solid 81 it's going to be a $2 - this can go down to 80 if the coin is on its side or it's a bit deeper, but usually it's spot on. However I love Deus fast due to it's ability to tell me everything that's under the ground. So I modified the fast program to run at 11.7 khz and I think I've got the best of both worlds, more accurate target id, only high conductors make high tones - (Deus fast lets too much in in 4 tones for my mind), you can still hear iron and the speed is lightning fast. Don't know if this setup would suit everyone, but for now it's helping me get goldies from very trashy areas.  
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

3.33%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1525

• Total Badges: 40
    Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Re: My first Deus saved program
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 00:05 »
Good on you for having a play with the settings TC all part of getting to know what settings work for you, so did you change from 4 tones to 3 & have you tried out the notch & tone features yet ?

Think it may be a good idea to turn on the (target ID normal) setting so you don't have to remember the diffrent TID's for each frequency, thoughts ??

Will give that one a try, thanks TC.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 02:50 »
Thanks FSHOO,
Target ID Normal sticks every program at 18khz and so dollars are at 86 from memory. I find it good to switch programs on the fly so I can eliminate digging trash and 12khz has a more stable ID imho. Maybe we can put our heads together and come up with a perfect goldie program for the Deus. One that eliminates aluminium caps and rusted bottle caps. On Basic1 I have dug $1 coins at 82 (normal) and 83 if the coin is close to the surface or on top, but nothing good (except pre-decimals) higher than 84. Two dollars are almost always 81. That said 80 can be good but 79 is trash. Keen to see what we Aussies can come up with to suit our coins and type of hunting. There is a lot that I am still learning with this machine, but thankfully you can still find money with it while you're learning. Love the weight or lack thereof as well. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

3.33%

Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 11:32 »
And the way it packs up so small you can just throw it behind the front seat when heading out (-:

Will have to read the manual again but thought the ID normal (on) just changes the (TIDS) of the other frequencies to match the 18kz ones (doesn't actually change the frequency in other programs just adjusts the numbers) ??  will have to throw some coins under it later & try it out.

Yeah it would be good for a few of us to get on the same page so to speak then get something worked out.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

43.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 404

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 19:05 »
FSH00 has probably already heard me harp on about this, though I initially started out on 3 & 4 tones on basic 1, as well playing with a few of the other provided programs, though so far none have provided the tonal characteristics you get on coins as you get in Fulltones.  This is probably more applicable for seeking out the deeper coins where the ID's no longer hold any useful or reliable information.  In this case you will have no option other than to rely totally on the tones for target info, and this is where Fulltones comes into play. 

This is an extremely quick method of picking out targets over a large area, no need for cross referencing with the screen, just pinpoint the target, excavate and move on to the next.  Coin tones will nearly always give a smooth mellow repeatable response vs the forced & abrupt response of bottle caps and other non-ferrous targets.  Large iron targets with high conductivity will give a clipped response, and also sound very forced.

Despite using this program, my settings do get chopped and change from site to site, mainly with regards to frequency, GB and Reactivity, the Silencer nearly always gets left off at -1.  Same with discrimination, just a low setting of 5-10 to cut out some of the iron.  The less filtering applied, the better this detector will perform, especially with regards to depth capability.

Whilst it won't suit everyone, it is worth having a play with, I've linked a couple of clips to give you an idea of what to expect.  Happy hunting. :)

This clip is quite well explained, and shows what Fulltones is like to use.  The second high pitch target he hits is a very similar response to what I would expect on a deeper threepence in my area. 
https://youtu.be/wXl0-7tGMqs

This was the first first clip I watched re fulltones, and why I took interest in using it.  His settings are listed in the description, and programming of the settings is explained in the latter part of the clip.  
https://youtu.be/jI8co91cBHs
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

3.33%

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 22:27 »
Thanks for the info GP will have to remember them tips when I get a chance to head to an older site, will watch them clips 2night.

TC, I had a play around with the deus fast setting this arvo & changed the freq to 12kHz as well as disc & notch settings to knock out every thing except 20,50,1 & 2 $ coins, then the young lad & I hit the very trashy part of an oval that has been done a few times before, it worked a treat at unmasking those coins in the crap, like you said you can here it working it's way through the crap very fast till you hit a target, results bellow.

I'll write the settings down on the form in the manual so as not to miss any then post a pic here if interested.

I do like the amount of trash that was NOT found (-:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 22:30 by FSH00 »

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 04:15 »
Looks like it worked a treat FSHOO. I'm primarily a goldie hunter so if I thought all tones would help me I'd be all over that. Went out today and found $23.00 using the new program, it's fast becoming my go to program.

Offline FSH00

• Platinum

3.33%

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2015, 14:41 »
Not too shabby at all TC, don't mind the goldies my self, most places round here have been hit for the goldies so time to find the smaller numbers.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

43.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 404

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2015, 21:03 »
Certainly doesn't hurt to have a goldie detect every now and again to pay for for fuel and other costs (not to mention the original detector purchase).  Though a lot of my local areas seemed to have been picked over quite thoroughly lately, though hopefully not thorough enough for the Deus. ;)
I do tend to ignore some of the lower denomination decimal currency whilst out looking for pre-decs, so it probably wouldn't hurt for me to add in such a program to have a run over those areas again.
Thanks for sharing your experiences/settings guys, will post up some results next time I'm out, with some luck. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

3.33%
  • Likes Given: 690

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 12:52 »
my settings for cherry picking spendables:
7khz
disc on 60
iron volume off
reactivity on 2
audio response 3
and notch out 80 through to 100

with these settings you will only get 50c, $1, and $2 coins.
50c comes in at 61 T.I
$1 at 75-76 T.I
$2 at 72-74 T.I
  • Detector(s) owned/used: -minelab gt16000 -xp deus 13"x11" coil - garrett pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1827 colonial penny

Offline celtic fox

• Iron

0%
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 4
    One year Anniversary First Post
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 07:52 »
i like full tones with disc at 20  works good 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ctx 3030 xp deus lite
  • Oldest find: iron age

Offline rocketaroo

• Copper

0%
  • Likes Given: 64

• Total Badges: 13
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 18:18 »
my settings for cherry picking spendables:
7khz
disc on 60
iron volume off
reactivity on 2
audio response 3
and notch out 80 through to 100

with these settings you will only get 50c, $1, and $2 coins.
50c comes in at 61 T.I
$1 at 75-76 T.I
$2 at 72-74 T.I

what sensitivity were you running?

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

3.33%
  • Likes Given: 690

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 11:23 »
what sensitivity were you running?

• Detector(s) owned/used: -minelab gt16000 -xp deus 13"x11" coil - garrett pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1827 colonial penny

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything