* Share it Around

Author Topic:  XP Deus Kit C - how to install  (Read 1184 times)

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Perth West australia
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
XP Deus Kit C - how to install
« on: December 27, 2015, 18:58 »
Does anyone have one of these, trying to hook one up and the instructions are rubbish
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics G2, Fisher CZ-21, Sovereign GT
  • Oldest find: 1895 Dog tag

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 773

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Re: XP Deus Kit C - how to install
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 19:49 »
under water kit ... ?  thats easy to fit , ill show u if u need help .
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 19:52 by Stalker »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 22:00 »
clip the antennae on to the coil and wind up the shaft, no problem.
Does the end of the antennae have to be connected to the remote control or just near it ??
Kit came with 3 black antennae connectors, photo shows one on the end of the shaft behind the control unit, 1 stuck to the control unit and one stuck to the WS4 headphones, I realise these are different mounting options, but this would imply that the antennae is physically connected to these devices.
I've checked the Youtube vids they show a wire looks like the antennae wire I have disappearing up the divers left arm!  Value my Deus too much to get it wrong!

Offline Stalker

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Padbury , west ozz
  • Likes Given: 773

• Total Badges: 24
    Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 22:59 »
it does not plug into the control box or the ws5 ..  im more than happy to show you how its done

where the arm band goes through the cover is where u mount the antenna mount , it does not go inside the cover where the control box goes , it just has to be near it .
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 23:11 by Stalker »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: some call it the armadillo some say its ugly I think its feral . atx
  • Oldest find: 1877 coin that had been turned into a necklace , gave to the bruthern pub
Does chuck norris use a metal detector on the beach ..no he is the metal detector and the beach comes to him ..

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

13.33%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Likes Given: 596

• Total Badges: 33
    Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 21:52 »
This Might be a bit late, but it was raining today and I saw your post.
So Into the "Designated metal detecting crap storage area" I went and made this.
Hopefully it well help a little bit.

Clegy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUArW9E8Ok" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlUArW9E8Ok</a>
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 12:34 »
Cleggy, 
Many thanks for putting the video together, high quality and explains well.
Often at night I hunt with just WS4 heaphones, I set up desired program on the remote control,  check everything is good.  Turn off the remote , put in the car and head off.
Is there a way I could choose a preset program, run the antenna to the underwater headphones supplied with Kit C.  Put the WS4 & remote control in the car. Then go diving?
The scenario above means I don't have to risk taking the WS4 or remote control underwater, i realize this means I will only have tones but a worthwhile trade off.
I thought this may have been possible as the processing is done in the coil??
Either way thanks for taking the time.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

46.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 445

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 19:38 »
You would require the ws4 remote or the main control box for the waterproof headphones to plug into, the aerial just allows comms between the coil and either of the above.   
Whilst the coil does the processing, you still need some sort of interface to provide audio or visual.  I reckon I would run with the ws4 remote considering it does carry some degree of water proofing over the main control box, just in case of accidental leakage. :)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

13.33%

Second year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01 »
Pretty Much exactly what Goldpick said.
The coil is the Brain but The remote and/or WS4 are needed to translate the signal from Metal detector language to English.

Agree that the WS4 would be better to use just in case some water got in.
Clegy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 00:44 »
Gents, Many thanks for the info.  Sought of guessed that may have beenthe case. But if you dont dream, you Won't push the envelope.  Perhaps some say minded forum members can devise a black box.
Cheers

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 23:39 »
Well I took the risk and jumped in the water today, kit cc was good in the splash zone, but the Deus struggled with saltwater. Massive falsify!  Does anyone have any settings that ate stable IN saltwater? 

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

13.33%

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 10:07 »
I've been using Notch discrimination at the beach a little.
Take out those notches that are giving drama and it helps.

Haven't had UNDER water except for just a few inches.

Really wet sand is my personal challenge at the moment, On one beach I have it near silent
and punching at 6+ inches. Further if I make it a bit chatty.
At the main beach  its a lot harder to get stable there.
Just this morning I did something weird and it worked OK.
Wet beach mode
Sensitivity 70
Reactivity 3/4
GB at 03 (Mostly showed 00 Screen)
Frequency 12 (18 was a bit hot)
Silencer 2

Wasn't too bad and I was operating with water running over my feet.
Sounds weird to lower sensitivity and raise Reactivity but it took our a lot of those false signals.
they disappear on the second, I'll check that, swing.

Hit 3 coins and a medallion (Jim Beam) at up to 4 inches with good clear signals that pulled me up straight away.
Lastly, to my frustration the Deus has so much grunt it picks up stuff that the pin pointer can't. (TRX)
Raising the reactivity tends to skip these more.
I have found so many TINY bits of aluminium and copper right on the surface it's crazy. I mean tiny too LIKE 1-2MM.
Now, on those signals I scrape the top off and most times they move, so I know I have a tiny bit of crap somewhere.
for 2 days this drove me mad until I discovered 1 of the tiny culprits by accident, it was so hard to see.
As I said this is just testing and I am only 6 weeks in.

Please anyone feel free to shoot holes in the above, one beach is so good here (wet beach mode no changes and off I go) and one is SO BAD. Less than a kilometre between them too.???

Let me know your exact settings and I'll jump in the drink and have a play around, see what I can learn.
Good excuse to bum a ride out to Keppel island for the day for the clear water. LOL.
Cheers mate
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:16 by Clegy »

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 12:12 »
Hi Clegy,
Awesome post! some of my favourite words in 1 place, "beach", "water", & "bum" ! Anyway you had me sold with the settings to try, will give them a go and let you know, see If I can get some footage.
I got to chest deep water and the falsing drove me nuts!  
I reckon the loop on the back of the Kit C pouch should have been rotated through 90 degrees. It would be easier to read the display.

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

13.33%

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 13:28 »
As I said Just a theory, Looking forward to seeing if it makes a difference. 
Have fun mate.

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

0%

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 10:53 »
Edge of water, really good.
Chest depth in salt water, better but still false will try HOT and let u , there were close ripples on ocean floor, xp false as it goes over the through? 

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam