* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Anyone got a good tot lot program for the Deus?  (Read 589 times)

Offline Tommy Cash

• Gold
  • Next stop $20,000

• Fill this by Posting :)
    0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
Anyone got a good tot lot program for the Deus?
« on: February 11, 2016, 23:39 »
Pretty much what it says in the title. Anyone have a good tot lot program for the Deus?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

26.67%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Likes Given: 578

• Total Badges: 32
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Anyone got a good tot lot program for the Deus?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 07:18 »
Probably Trashy so I would use Fast with a higher reactivity if the trash is thick.

The HOT Program might also be a good one to use if your targeting certain tones and VDI's.
http://detectorist.com.au/blogs/xp-deus-settings-and-tips/84192963-xp-deus-hot-and-cold-settings-try-this-on-your-next-hunt

Lastly the XY axis may help eliminate some of the junk though you'll still be digging your share of ring pulls.

Hope that was of some help.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline projeanant

• Bronze

6.67%
    • I live in: Perth West australia
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 17
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:10 »
Ead out last night in a lot that I guess, you haven't been to yet, go a hand full of coins out of it.  But as I sweeping through it I was thinking about ghr your comments an noted that I'm able to get within 8 inches with FAST before the signal becomes signigivant
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Teknetics G2, Fisher CZ-21, Sovereign GT
  • Oldest find: 1895 Dog tag

Offline Tommy Cash

• Gold
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 23:01 »
Looking to get near the metal poles as it sounds of on them from ages away even with the small 9 inch coil. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr

Offline goldpick

• Silver

66.67%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 351

• Total Badges: 18
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 17:29 »
You can always turn the sensitivity way down, and use pinpoint mode to listen for any signal peaks close to the play equipment.  Similar to what I used to do with the Ace, though I had the advantage of using a sniper coil.
The proposed new small elliptical coil should prove better for this sort of detecting vs the round coils.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned: Minelab Explorer/Etrac, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab xt17000, Garrett Ace250/Scorpion, Whites GM2, GM3, GMT Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX pinpointers
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KGIII halfpenny x2

Offline Tommy Cash

• Gold
  • Next stop $20,000

0%

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 00:20 »
Thanks for the tip. Yeah a small coil like the sniper would have its place for sure. 

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam