* Share it Around

Author Topic:  XY screen  (Read 323 times)

Offline John-au

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    46.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 116

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce 100 Posts
XY screen
« on: August 03, 2016, 16:32 »
Anyone use either of the two hidden screens? Some air testing on various screw caps and goldies with the xy screen shows some very interesting results. Will have to try it in the real world next week.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

36.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1487

• Total Badges: 40
    Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Re: XY screen
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 21:00 »
Hidden screens ? ?   please tell us more.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline John-au

• Silver

46.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 116

• Total Badges: 37
    Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 21:52 »
If I remember rightly (don't have machine with me at moment) click Option then press pinpoint and + at the same time and then choose advanced after it appears. Multiple targets screen and XY screen to choose from.
Lay out a line of various types of screwcaps with some $1 and $2 in the line and even a silver ring spaced so you get separation on the sweeps and compare the trace on the xy screen. Try having extra coins and a ring so they are on edge and some folded screwcaps in the sample as well.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

36.67%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1487

• Total Badges: 40
    Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 22:13 »
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

26.67%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Likes Given: 578

• Total Badges: 32
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 11:26 »
XY Screen can be handy for picking the bottle tops that's for sure.
It is a useful tool but the downside is when you need to change something it is a few button presses to make the change and get back to the XY screen. Test a few gold rings, it is not much good on them. Combine the XY with full tones and it will help you understand the audio better.

I was using it heaps than one day stopped as I find the full tones audio just as informative now I have my head around it and making changes is way faster.

Might break the screen out again after reading the post, hadn't thought of it in ages. LOL

Happy Hunting
Clegy

• Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything