* Share it Around

Author Topic:  XP Deus my unbiased review  (Read 5025 times)

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 663

• Total Badges: 50
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: XP Deus my unbiased review
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 07:12 »
Is there any voltage on the coil lugs after charging?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline John-au

• Silver

86.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 160

• Total Badges: 40
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 09:35 »
Is there any voltage on the coil lugs after charging?
No voltage on the contacts once charger clip is removed Ray.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 19:12 »
Tony, i have fowarded the info onto Marksman. 

Offline John-au

• Silver

86.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 160

• Total Badges: 40
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 20:11 »
Marksman would be no stranger to a Deus as he was trying one out back in 2012 unless I am mistaken.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline megaman

• Copper

0%
  • Likes Given: 0

• Total Badges: 7
    10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2016, 00:58 »
Tony you will absolutly love the deus once you get used to it .I had one for about a year and a half and the machine is a absolute beast.I stopped metal detecting for a while then thought i would try the ctx again .Although i love the ctx part of me wishes i never sold my deus.Its just so versatile and the ctx wont even touch it in trash for recovery and finding every single coin in trashy areas .With the ctx there is some coins i will miss simply because i know the ctx has a habit of masking targets amoungst other pieces of trash where as the deus will not do this and will ping on every targets .One day i was on a school yard with my friend who had a ctx and i went over a spot that sounded of 5 targets ping ping ping ping ping .I asked my mate to go over the same spot and his ctx could not sound off on all the targets only seeing two of them and thats when we dug them up and found out it was 4 $2 coins and 1 $1 coin all next to each other .The ctx was masking some of the coins because they were so close to each other where as the deus seen them all .So this is just one advantage of the deus recovery speed .
trust me once you use the deus your gonna think why the hell were you ever without one not just that the programs are really customizable .Have fun out there mate :).
  • Detector(s) owned/used: ctx3030

tonyw

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 05:13 »
Tony you will absolutly love the deus once you get used to it .I had one for about a year and a half and the machine is a absolute beast.I stopped metal detecting for a while then thought i would try the ctx again .Although i love the ctx part of me wishes i never sold my deus.Its just so versatile and the ctx wont even touch it in trash for recovery and finding every single coin in trashy areas .With the ctx there is some coins i will miss simply because i know the ctx has a habit of masking targets amoungst other pieces of trash where as the deus will not do this and will ping on every targets .One day i was on a school yard with my friend who had a ctx and i went over a spot that sounded of 5 targets ping ping ping ping ping .I asked my mate to go over the same spot and his ctx could not sound off on all the targets only seeing two of them and thats when we dug them up and found out it was 4 $2 coins and 1 $1 coin all next to each other .The ctx was masking some of the coins because they were so close to each other where as the deus seen them all .So this is just one advantage of the deus recovery speed .
trust me once you use the deus your gonna think why the hell were you ever without one not just that the programs are really customizable .Have fun out there mate :).

Thanks for the feedback mate.

I am looking forward to my first hunt on Saturday in an area thats not only full of trash but i have flogged it to death.

I am already loving how light and compact the machine is, and i havent even had it out yet. I will charge up all my batteries tonight and set it up for hunting, cant wait.

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Canberra
  • Likes Given: 1293

• Total Badges: 30
    5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 05:15 »
I think marksman will be really testing it out this time and will give a good review once he becomes pretty familiar with it.  The claims that it will beat the CTX in high ferrous sites also has me interested and would really like to see if this is true.  I want to see if it is just a user error or a machine capability.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Beaten up ETrac, CTX 3030
  • Oldest find: 1655 French coin (found in Australia)

tonyw

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 05:18 »
I think marksman will be really testing it out this time and will give a good review once he becomes pretty familiar with it.  The claims that it will beat the CTX in high ferrous sites also has me interested and would really like to see if this is true.  I want to see if it is just a user error or a machine capability.

The site i am hitting on Saturday has had 2 AT Pros the CTX and the Tejon smash it many times over the last 4 yrs, i still managed a 3pence and a florin last time i was in there with the CTX.

tonyw

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 05:33 »
I think marksman will be really testing it out this time and will give a good review once he becomes pretty familiar with it.  The claims that it will beat the CTX in high ferrous sites also has me interested and would really like to see if this is true.  I want to see if it is just a user error or a machine capability.

I have no bias to any machine but i like to give them at least 12 months in my hands before canning one.

Also this is my review of this machine and has nothing to do with Marks findings, and this will be over a period of many months/ years, not just a few days out. Mark will be able to start his own thread with his findings, it will be good to see the comparisons.

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

100%

5000 Posts Fourth year Anniversary Find Of the year 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2016, 07:08 »
Sorry Tony for the hijack.  I think I will stay out of all Deus related threads from now on, too much drama for all :).   Still find it interesting that some go on about buy Aussie and then turn around and try to flog a French detector over an Aussie one?  (guess I'm not a dealer and have no pressure to sell my product)

Still think a certain female forum member with her Tesoro can beat everything and everyone here anyway!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:12 by Dutchy (Jarhead) »

tonyw

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 15:26 »
Sorry Tony for the hijack.  I think I will stay out of all Deus related threads from now on, too much drama for all :).   Still find it interesting that some go on about buy Aussie and then turn around and try to flog a French detector over an Aussie one?  (guess I'm not a dealer and have no pressure to sell my product)

Still think a certain female forum member with her Tesoro can beat everything and everyone here anyway!

This thread is not about us and them, its about my thoughts on the XP Deus. I dont care what others can do with whatever machine its not about that, its not a pissing contast.

I think i will move my thoughts somewhere else, this thread has lost the plot already.

back into my hole, some of you know where to find me.

Offline lazyaussie

• Platinum

50%
    • I live in: Clunes Vic
  • Likes Given: 1171

• Total Badges: 32
    Eighth year Anniversary 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2016, 16:38 »
where's the hole Tony ;D
  • Detector(s) owned/used: garrett AT pro, garrett ace 250, garrett pro pointer, garrett sea hunter, whites dual field,
  • Oldest find: 1797 cartwheel penny x 2
pirate monkeys do it in the sea

Offline megaman

• Copper

0%

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2016, 21:55 »

Definatly not user error the ctx is well known for being bad in heavy trash sites .Most people get the 6 inch coil cause it helps but even then FBS isnt really designed for trashy sites its more designed for pastured land and beaches where objects are further away from each other so you can cherry pick deep targerts .Where as the deus is more for really trashy sites full with rubbish where you have to find the coins amoungst the junk .But the deus isnt as accurate at depth as the ctx so its kinda up to the person .

Some people like to find really deep silver and cherry pick targets which is what the ctx is designed for where as other people like to hunt trashy sites and places where most detectors just wont do well in and thats where the deus comes into play .Tony will realise this real fast when he gets into the trash with the deus its crazy how good the deus is in trash .

Offline megaman

• Copper

0%

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2016, 22:00 »

its not about aussie over france its about what works and im sorry to say but ive had both detectors and if anyone here says the ctx can beat the deus in trash they literally have rocks in thier head.What i dont get is i state absolute facts in these threads and you get some butt hurt ctx user who has never used a deus before have a go at me instead of actually giving the machine a try .I used to be one of those guys who would bag the deus and not give it a fair go .That was until i got one and seen just how good this machine is .I suggest for all the butt hurt ctx users to instead of having a go at me and calling me a deus dealer which i could never be because if i had a deus again id be out metal detecting everyday so i wouldnt have time to be a dealer ;).The ctx is a great machine no doubt about it but in trash the deus leaves it for dead .I say this to all the ctx users who wanna say im full of @#@#@$ go get a deus and then say that to me :).I think you will be apologizing to me pretty dam fast .

Offline Tommy Cash

• Platinum
  • Next stop $20,000

0%
    • I live in: Hamilton Hill W.A
  • Likes Given: 131

• Total Badges: 33
    Seventh year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2016, 00:04 »
Hi Tony W
Here are my go to programs. The Deus is a highly customisable machine this can also be its Achilles heel as it can get quite overwhelming. I just modified a few of the basic programs and seem to prefer 3 tones as the audio is quite detailed anyway. Even 1 tone can tell you a lot, just ask the tesoro guys. I also don't notch as I like to hear everything that's there. High tones now mean good targets except for high 80's and early 90's steel bottle top caps, but you'll recognise them easily. $2 are at 80/81 and $1 is at 82/83 50c coin is at 71 if I remember correctly. BTW I prefer the ws4 headphones as they don't get hot or uncomfortable and you hardly know they are there.

GMP 12khz

Notch - 00-00
Disc- 10     Sub menu Expert 3 Tones
Sens- 90
Freq- 11.7
Iron Vol- 3
Reactivity-3
Audio Resp-4

FAST 12Kzh

Reactivity-2
Audio Response 4
Notch- 00-00
Disc- 6.8    Sub Menu Expert 3 Tones
Sens- 90
Freq- 11.7
Iron Vol- 3

Hope this helps, if in time you find improvements to these programs let me know. I'm going to post up a lot of trash numbers and coin numbers soon so I hope that helps you as well.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 00:17 by Tommy Cash »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Detector- Minelab Sovereign Elite, 15" WOT - awaiting the ressurection. Minelab Excal 1000 -blue headphone beauty, Anderson travel shaft, 1600mh Battery. XP DEUS. Makro pinpointer. Digging Tools- Lesche. Mirage diving knife. Beach Scoop - Stavr
  • Oldest find: 1838 Sixpence
Metal detecting - God's way of redistributing wealth.

tonyw

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2016, 05:16 »
Hi Tony W
Here are my go to programs. The Deus is a highly customisable machine this can also be its Achilles heel as it can get quite overwhelming. I just modified a few of the basic programs and seem to prefer 3 tones as the audio is quite detailed anyway. Even 1 tone can tell you a lot, just ask the tesoro guys. I also don't notch as I like to hear everything that's there. High tones now mean good targets except for high 80's and early 90's steel bottle top caps, but you'll recognise them easily. $2 are at 80/81 and $1 is at 82/83 50c coin is at 71 if I remember correctly. BTW I prefer the ws4 headphones as they don't get hot or uncomfortable and you hardly know they are there.

GMP 12khz

Notch - 00-00
Disc- 10     Sub menu Expert 3 Tones
Sens- 90
Freq- 11.7
Iron Vol- 3
Reactivity-3
Audio Resp-4

FAST 12Kzh

Reactivity-2
Audio Response 4
Notch- 00-00
Disc- 6.8    Sub Menu Expert 3 Tones
Sens- 90
Freq- 11.7
Iron Vol- 3

Hope this helps, if in time you find improvements to these programs let me know. I'm going to post up a lot of trash numbers and coin numbers soon so I hope that helps you as well.
Thanks mate for the help, iwill keep my eye out for future posts on it.

Mods can close this thread i wont be adding to it or posting on the forum, better things to do with my time than enter a mines bigger than yours competition.

PM me if you would like to know what i am up to and or where i am, i will still be posting my thoughts on this machine elsewhere.

Thanks for spoiling the thread Dutchy, there was no need for it.

over and out

Offline Dutchy (Jarhead)

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45 »
Tony I will PM you but would like to apologise for any comments I have made to offend.  I would really like to see a comparison using the machines by someone I trust and know would provide unbiased comments and you are one I would respect and appreciate an opinion from.  I only mentioned  Mark because he is another.    I will not post any further comments to impede your comparison but  expect some heated comments on any comparison post.

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2016, 08:02 »
Our next outing camp is on an old racetrack. A good place to try it if the sheep have kept the grass down.

Offline goldpick

• Gold

43.33%
    • I live in: South East, South Australia
  • Likes Given: 445

• Total Badges: 19
    Fourth year Anniversary 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2016, 13:04 »
Don't give up on the thread yet Tony, I for one would like to see your thoughts on the Deus on its own merits rather than an us vs them thread.  There is a reason why many US detectorists now run both the CTX & Deus as a combo to cover all detecting scenarios, rather than pitching one against the other.
Like yourself, I have had physical issues with my hand requiring me to move on from my heavier Explorer and Etrac for a lightweight detector, and the Deus fitted the bill.  Should Minelab create a similar detector, then yes, I might have considered an Australian based product.
Brand loyalty shouldn't come into this, choosing a suitable detector is very much a personal choice regardless of brand or where it was made, and shouldn't justify criticism from others.  
I don't get paid for spruiking this detector, nor have any affiliation with XP, I simply use what works for me.  Quite frankly I took a bit of a gamble on outlaying a fair sum for the Deus, considering it was an unknown quantity in Oz at the time.  There has always been a fair bit of skepticism on the capabilities of Euro based machines, some justified, some not.
Amyway, all the best, hope you have fun with the Deus (which is really what it is all about). 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Use: XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Teknetics G2, Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Infinium LS, Whites SPP, XP Mi-6, Garrett AT Propointer, Minelab Pro-find, Whites TRX, Deteknix X-Pointer
  • Oldest find: 1806/7 KG3 HP's, penny, shilling & threepence

Offline Andy1918

• Silver
  • Luck = Opportunity + Preparedness + Effort

3.33%
    • I live in: Sydney NSW
    • Youtube Channel
  • Likes Given: 776

• Total Badges: 28
    500 Posts Sixpence Commonwealth Halfpenny Comm Penny Wheat Three Pence Roo Penny The Gold Ring Second year Anniversary Gold Ring Shootout Winner Find of the Month Winner 100 Posts 50 Posts
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2016, 16:56 »
I personally would also love to keep hearing about Tony's insights and what he finds using the machine.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab X-Terra 305, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab Pro Find-25
  • Oldest find: Queen Victoria 1881 Half Penny
2017 Goals
1966 50 cent piece: Hoping this year again!
Replenish my pre-decimal coin badges.

tonyw

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2016, 17:25 »
One more try then?.

if it turns to muck thats it...

Charging up to take the Deus out tomorrow, everything is cordless, so 3 components need a charge. I have taken on board alot of recommendations and i will get amongst it all tomorrow.

Thanks to those that have PM'd me with setting suggestions.

tonyw

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2016, 17:27 »
Our next outing camp is on an old racetrack. A good place to try it if the sheep have kept the grass down.

I wont make that one Ray, but i do have a permission near there i may look into soon..

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

0%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 224

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2016, 17:58 »
Good luck for tomorrow Tony, I have hunted with a Forum member who has one, it certainly was impressive to watch  what it could do without any tweaking, I wouldn't hesitate to own one if and when the Planets line up, please keep the thread active, lots of us interested in the real deal....cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

tonyw

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2016, 18:39 »
Good luck for tomorrow Tony, I have hunted with a Forum member who has one, it certainly was impressive to watch  what it could do without any tweaking, I wouldn't hesitate to own one if and when the Planets line up, please keep the thread active, lots of us interested in the real deal....cheers Colin.

Cheers Colin

yes mate its all about the facts, and cut out the BS associated with a lot of different companies in their endeavor to sell detectors. I may end up being a nufty with this detector, only time will tell..

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2016, 18:54 »
If the headphones go flat can they be recharged from a car outlet and how long does it take?

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam
anything