* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Another run with the Deus  (Read 414 times)

Offline John-au

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 159

• Total Badges: 40
    Badges: (View All)
    Rams Head Shilling Cricket Buckle 500 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring
Another run with the Deus
« on: August 30, 2016, 18:40 »
Yesterday I put in a couple of hours at an old house site that is now in a pine plantation. I tried a few different programs and was happy to come away with a coin as the site has been detected before. It was only a 1879 penny in poor condition, still waiting for my first English silver. The pines had been thinned so it wasn't very good for swinging a coil due the trash on the ground but I managed to winkle some non ferrous targets from amongst all the ferrous rubbish. There was even a glint of some kind of gold at one stage, a part of a pocket watch mechanism, pity it wasn't the whole thing. I think the end from a cane was another object found and the handle of a spoon or fork with a nail rusted to it.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

• Fill this by Posting :)
    100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 660

• Total Badges: 50
    Badges: (View All)
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: Another run with the Deus
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 19:27 »
The watch back looks like it would have belonged to something fancy in its day. Pine plantations are hard work and sometimes only the large signals show through. We sometimes find mineshafts covered with debri but still a lurking shaft underneath.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam