* Share it Around

Author Topic:  New products  (Read 694 times)

Offline John-au

• Silver

• Fill this by Posting :)
    46.67%
    • I live in: Lower SE of SA
  • Likes Given: 116

• Total Badges: 37
    Badges: (View All)
    Fifth year Anniversary Commonwealth Halfpenny Sixpence Florin Comm Penny Roo Penny Coin Of the Month Winner Wheat Three Pence The Gold Ring Rising Sun Nugget Under 1 Ounce 100 Posts
New products
« on: September 16, 2016, 21:52 »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab XT 17000 (traded) Minelab Quattro MP (mainly with Joey coil), Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett pro pinpointer, GPX 5000, XP Deus & Land or Sea pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1765 Mexican 1 Real

Offline Rwork

• Platinum

100%
    • I live in: Nth.Vic
  • Likes Given: 544

• Total Badges: 50
    Seventh year Anniversary 5000 Posts 2500 Posts 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 10 Posts Nugget over an Ounce Nugget Under 1 Ounce The Gold Ring Half Soveriegn 15000 Posts
Re: New products
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 07:40 »
Listed under the Finds section are some great stories.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:02 by Rwork »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Owned,Two Mlb 5000. Sovs,GT and XS, Ace 250's.
  • Oldest find: Ancient gold and 1797 cartwheel penny.

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Just Dig it Up and see mate!

26.67%
    • I live in: Yeppoon Queensland
    • Aussie Detectorist, Bringing the XP Deus back to Australia
  • Likes Given: 578

• Total Badges: 32
    500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 08:38 »
The Pin Pointer looks like a good bit of Kit and the new coil running at 55KHZ should be fun to use on the gold fields. Changes to program 10 also. So as predicted lots of improvements in the prospecting side of things.
Look forward to running this gear.

Clegy
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
  • Oldest find: 1864 Half penny
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline OL 56

• Platinum

33.33%
    • I live in: Ferntree Gully,Victoria.
  • Likes Given: 195

• Total Badges: 31
    Fifth year Anniversary 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 16:55 »
Interesting, apart from V4 being able to drive the new accessories I wonder if there are any performance improvements for the Beach, Coin and relic hunters?, in other words is it the same V3.2 with software add on's, I'm sitting on the fence ATM but optimistic about the future......cheers Colin.
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Garrett Groundhog,SD2000,XTERRA 705,Garrett Seahunter, Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Mojave
  • Oldest find: Sixpence 1835
sent from my OL keyboard using 2 fingers

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

26.67%

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 10:50 »
Interesting, apart from V4 being able to drive the new accessories I wonder if there are any performance improvements for the Beach, Coin and relic hunters?, in other words is it the same V3.2 with software add on's, I'm sitting on the fence ATM but optimistic about the future......cheers Colin.

It's already a pretty good coin and relic machine. It can't really get any Faster or lighter and when you slow it down and slow your swing it has pretty impressive depth as well.

The V4 was always designed to take the Deus into the prospecting market and to allow it to prosper in markets Like Australia and the US where a lot of Coin shooters head to the goldfields every so often. Most would go more, but in reality having 2 machines and over 5K invested in gear is not reasonable for most people.

Hence the push towards the Hybrid detector that can do everything. That is still a long way off but in my Opinion owning the deus with HF coils and Standard coils is as good as owning a CTX and a Racer Gold or Gold Bug. All proven detectors in their field. Its Just way Lighter than those and with it all in a hard case takes up no room to transport.

Feedback from people at the Rally is all about the Pinpointer, the UK crowd don't seem to give a toss about the coils. Except for the beach performance, they care about that a lot as they can't dig parks like us. Deus has something like 40% market share there anyway so they really didn't need to get the Euro crown on board, they already are.

I think you'll here more about the Pin Pointer from the UK and the Coils from Us Aussies and the Yanks. When we Get them that is......

Testing is planned and I have lined up some pretty well known people to take me out on the gold fields with the new coils when they get here. So Stay tuned and I'll update as I learn more.

I truly Believe that in time Deus will be seen as the Detector to have if you can only have 1 detector.

• Detector(s) owned/used: Used, 705 Own XP Deus WS4 9,11 Inch coils, C-Scope CS4PI, Tesoro Umax
EXCLUSIVE to Detectorist.com.au the C-Scope CS4PI Beach detector. Click for details 
Also XP Deus, R&B Lithium Batteries, Tyger Diggers and the land or sea waterproof pin pointer at under $150. http://detectorist.com.au

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

0%
  • Likes Given: 688

• Total Badges: 21
    Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 11:19 »
how long until the new coils and pin pointer go on sale here in AUS? any prices yet clegy? 

cheers
  • Detector(s) owned/used: -minelab gt16000 -xp deus 13"x11" coil - garrett pin pointer
  • Oldest find: 1827 colonial penny

Offline Tallstock

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Toukley NSW
  • Likes Given: 43

• Total Badges: 9
    10 Posts First Post
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 13:06 »
Peter, Can you tell me please, if the x-terra 705 with the "gold" 18.75 coil is worth the effort or not? I am hoping to travel to the Mudgee area looking for gold with my 705/ 18.75 and was at least expecting some success. Have my hopes been dashed?
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab xterra 705 Dual 9" 7.5kHz and 10"x5" 18.75 kHz
  • Oldest find: 1924 half penny

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

26.67%

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 15:48 »
1) How much experience do you have with the HF coil in a goldfield? Have you compared it to a Racer Gold or Gold Bug in a gold field? How can you make such a claim?
2) Putting the Gold Bug in the same ball park as a Racer is an insult to the Racer.

How many ppl do I see swinging VLF's in goldfields? NONE. No VLF is EVER going to get near a PI on gold.

3K for a coin machine is not reasonable for most people.

I didn't make any claims, I clearly stated "In My Opinion" it will be LIKE owning the racer or Bug and a CTX.

The Deus has never been presented as a Gold machine, It is marketed as a damn fine coin and relic machine that has a pretty effective prospecting program on it as well. We are not trying to take on the 2300 or any other dedicated gold detector. In fact if you want a gold only machine I only too happy recommend a competing brand as I have done many times.

Again Deus has NEVER been presented as a primary gold finding machine or a competing machine to a good PI.

The new additions are designed to enhance the prospecting side and take it to a level where you can feel confident your in with a chance on your trips to the gold fields without the 3K+ Investment in a dedicated gold PI machine.

Bit Like Tallstock who's hopes seem to have been somewhat dashed by the comment "NO VLF is any good on gold" well if your in the field with an aldi and your having fun and enjoying the hobby WHO CARES? If you wave that aldi over an ouncer at an inch it will go off. Just like Tallstocks 705 will. Yes there are better options but he just wants to have a crack and know he has a half a chance. which by the way you do mate, if there is obvious gold there you'll find it with 18.75khz coil.

If you don't find gold well at least you had a good day out and saw a bit of the country side. 

Like I mentioned owning a good coin and relic machine as well as a dedicated gold machine is a 5K+ investment.
(I'm Thinking ATPro and 2300) Owning a Deus with both coils is WELL Under 3k and you'll never have a detector sitting in the cupboard whether your on the goldfields or in the park.

Lastly 3k for a coin machine is crazy I have to agree, but under 3K for an awesome coin machine that is a pretty capable gold machine as well. Bargain! Did I mention it weighs like 850 grams.......LOL

Thanks for the feedback 

Clegy

Offline David Weir

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Anywhere in Oz
  • Likes Given: 25

• Total Badges: 12
    10 Posts First Post
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 16:52 »
I can attest to clegy' words. Only this week did I talk to him about equipment for a noob. He initially recommended to me both the xp and a Pi machine to cover both cases.  I was ready to deal when my friend in the uk said hold your horses. No one knows at this point in time as testing still needs to be done as to how the xp will fair but it is enough to hold back a few months. 
Now I am a complete beginner and want to get out and find what I can in retirement I spend several k a year on lenses for photography and believe I have purchased the best coin detector available. As far as gold is concerned I will let you know after I have been back to Victoria where I know of some small gold exists on my kids farm with the new coil when tested and available
IA noob but working at it

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

26.67%

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 08:46 »
You didn't say LIKE you said AS GOOD AS. Claiming a product that's not even available yet (HF coil) is as good as something else is obsurd.

In My opinion it will be as good as those mentioned. (HF Coil)

The full Deus kit below with ws5 headphones and HF coil will be over 3K, you're right... crazy price!

https://detectorist.com.au/collections/xp-deus-metal-detector-kits/products/xp-deus-metal-detector-model-ws4rc-11-inch-coil-australian-stock-immediate-delivery-pickup

That Kit would be about 2700-2800 Ish If the HF coil is a similar price to the current 9 Inch. Still a good buy for Killer coin machine that is also a capable gold machine as well. IMHO

Just don't want people thinking Deus is a 3k Detector because it can be bought for as little as $1349.00 Add the HF coil and your Under 2K now that's a serious bargain!!!

Cheers Peter

Clegy

P.S Hope Ray doesn't delete Us. ;)

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

0%

Fourth year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 11:21 »
how long until the new coils and pin pointer go on sale here in AUS? any prices yet clegy?

cheers
  • Detector(s) owned/used: -minelab gt16000 -xp deus 13"x11" coil - garrett pin pointer

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

26.67%

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 11:29 »
New stuff probably December but don't quote me on that in January Please.

Pricing there is nothing official just a lot of rumours so far.

I have a theory but if I put it out there and I'm wrong I will look like a proper goose and I don't need any more help in that regard.

Sorry I can't be more help, It's close so just hang in there Mat. LOL

Clegy

Offline maat

• Silver
  • yeah, nah, maybe.

0%

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 14:04 »

tonyw

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 06:17 »
Looking forward to the new coils and V4 etc.

I have 2 P.I's (4500 and a 2200V2) and have owned 4 VLF relic machines, none of the VLF machines handle the hot ground, the best was the AT Pro, i have now tamed the CTX after quite a few hunts, but i wouldn't use a VLF on gold, that's what PI's are for. Having said that, it will be interesting to see if the new V4 and HF coils will handle the ground up there and pick up on the small bits of gold.

At the end of the day, until you have one in your hot little hands, there is no point making comment about how good or bad a machine is or might be on the gold fields, hopefully the XP will open up another dimension, i have just the spot to try one, when i feel like being a mountain goat for a day :o .

Some people just don't realise how hot the ground can be in the triangle

Offline David Weir

• Copper

0%
    • I live in: Anywhere in Oz
  • Likes Given: 25

• Total Badges: 12
    10 Posts First Post
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 14:37 »
I think everyone is waiting with baited breath to see the benefits to us here in oz. it seems strange that the xp users forum has little information following the weekend. So I went a searching and found a blog post.  md-hunter.com   where there is a link to a couple of videos done at the weekend event. They are both in French but the first one shows the design and the battery in the stem. Also mentions the weight. The second one shows the gold detection settings and trial. Using only my phone I could not read them. Will look again on my Mac when I get home
There is also in the next link details of the new pin pointer. 
IA noob but working at it

Offline Clegy

• Administrator
  • Gold

26.67%

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 08:04 »
Security is tight around V4 as V3 was leaked early and required some patches.

It embarrassed Alain that the product made it out there when it wasn't 100% so with this release it is very tight.

But the benefit is that when we get the stuff, I suspect we see a lot fewer bugs than they did with the V2 to V3 upgrade.

As Info trickles down I'll make it public and when I get my hands on the stuff I'll go nuts with the testing.

Not long Now David......

Clegy 

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam