* Share it Around

Author Topic:  Update to V4  (Read 215 times)

Offline xcvator

• Copper
  • Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

• Fill this by Posting :)
    13.33%
    • I live in: Somerville Victoria
  • Likes Given: 4

• Total Badges: 7
    Badges: (View All)
    50 Posts 10 Posts First Post
Update to V4
« on: April 09, 2017, 20:00 »
I can't find my update cable, can I use the 3 way cable if it's not plugged into power and use only 1 socket on the cable ?
I get really pissed off at companies that use a proprietary plug on 1end but use a world standard plug on the other end
  • Detector(s) owned/used: XP Deus

Offline Justafisho

• Bronze

13.33%
  • Likes Given: 220

• Total Badges: 19
    Second year Anniversary 100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post One year Anniversary
Re: Update to V4
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 20:26 »
It says not to. Its not a proprietary plug. It's a USB of some sort.  If you have a sat nav in the car, check that as they're usually the same plug. 
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Whites V3i -CTX3030- AT Pro- XP Deus-Garrett Pro pointer- Whites TRX Pinpointer
  • Oldest find: Canada Nova Scotia halfpenny token(1815)
Never hunted out!

Offline FSH00

• Platinum
  • Work to live don't live to work

3.33%
    • I live in: QLD
  • Likes Given: 1525

• Total Badges: 40
    Returned an Item The Gold Ring The TON Pre-Dec Full House in a Day Wheat Three Pence Comm Penny Sixpence Rams Head Shilling Roo Penny 1000 Posts 500 Posts 100 Posts
Re: Update to V4
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 21:30 »
I used a cable with the same plugs at first didn't work, had to use the original ::)
  • Detector(s) owned/used: To many is never enough
  • Oldest find: Vicky (bun) penny 18??
Tally: To old to keep count now

Offline daviddi

• Bronze
  • I like metal detecting

0%
    • I live in: Perth, Western Australia.
  • Likes Given: 122

• Total Badges: 23
    100 Posts 50 Posts 10 Posts First Post Seventh year Anniversary Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary
Update to V4
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 10:23 »
Like Justafisho mentioned, it says not to.
It says this during the install of  the XP Deus software and in my case on a windows PC, you'll get a message when it pops up, where it says not to use the 3 mini usb recharge cable for the software update. It simply wont work and the control box will simply reboot if you try doing the software update.

The USB to 3 mini usb cable that is part of the XP Deus hardware will only work for charging.
I have also tried a USB to 2 headed mini usb( a charging cable form another device) and its the same in that it will not work to do the XP Deus software update.  

The single cable is not so proprietary as it is made out to be and it's actually a very common cable. This is not saying that every single USB to mini usb cables will work.
I've actually used the cable for charging my Minelab WM10 remote control to do the software update and also used other cables that have a standard sized USB to a mini usb that are used for camera and other electronic devices and through other USB power supplies including car, at home and portable batteries.

Hope it works out for you.
XP Deus V4 is a pretty awesome update that is worth doing.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 21:05 by daviddi »
  • Detector(s) owned/used: Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac,Explorer SE, Explorer 11, Explorer Xs, Explorer S, Eric Foster P.I Goldscan 5c, Eric Foster P.I Deepstar v.3
  • Oldest find: Domitian (81-96 AD), denarius

@MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam